Muslim here. Ask me a question..

Greg Jennings

Remember what was said earlier???

We know that the term "Allah," as the god of the moon, was derived from the Thamud god of the moon. His name was Hilal, or Hlal, which means "crescent." Later, the name "Hilal" became Hilah, as we see in many inscriptions which were found in Arabia. In the Thamud inscriptions he is found as H-ilah, Ha-ilah and H-alah. We see the same development for "Hilah," the moon deity in Yemen, where Almaqah is called "Halal,' or "Hilal, the Crescent." 15

The name Lucifer in Hebrew is Halal and it means, "The Morning Star.
Also the word 'Halal' in Hebrew has the same meaning in Arabic. Hilal
And it means....
Web definition
Hilāl (هلال) is an Arabic word that means "crescent" or "new moon." It's an Islamic symbol!
Halal and Hilal means... Lucifer... aka Satan... aka the devil... and in Christian literature actually means... The Morning Star and Crescent Moon. We put crosses on top of Churches. Islam has a star and crescent moon. Allah is also known as a moon god in Arabic mythology!

Islamic coincidences are almost endless. But what would you know about that. You're compassionate to them just like our president.

Try getting your info from somewhere besides answeringislam. Isn't it funny how no university-affiliated sources say what you think is true? And that the only ones that agree with you are anti-Islam?

Etymology

Further information: El (deity), Ilah, Alaha and Allah
The Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible defines "elohim" as a plural of eloah, an expanded form of the common Semitic noun "'il" (ʾēl).[3] It contains an added heh as third radical to the biconsonantal root. Discussions of the etymology of elohim essentially concern this expansion. An exact cognate outside of Hebrew is found in Ugaritic ʾlhm, the family of El, the creator god and chief deity of the Canaanite pantheon, in Biblical Aramaic ʼĔlāhā and later Syriac Alaha "God", and in Arabic ʾilāh "god, deity" (or Allah as " The [single] God").

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohim

They're the same, bucko

brewmama

That's just not true. The entire Quran is of the same priority. Mohammed commanding his followers that were at his side one day to kill people does not take priority over Surahs talking about how Muslims should peacefully treat others in general. You're taking a historical event that happened briefly and trying to apply it to the entire history of the religion.

As I thought. You don't know the Quran or Islamic thought like you pretend to. You should research that again.

Greg Jennings

Are you unable to recognize the difference in defending from aggression and conquering the world?
Are you kidding? David expanded Israel's kingdom massively. Seriously, go read your bible.

You didn't answer the question. Why is Jewish conquest and killing many thousands of years ago whereas Islam has never stopped?
I misunderstood the question. Thought you were referring to military campaigns way back when.

But the Jewish violence hasn't stopped. They and Palestine go at each other daily. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are 13,000,000 Jews and over 1,000,000,000 Muslims. With more people you're gonna get more violence.

Apple7

You have nothing but your opinion...

You have nothing but your opinion...

Quit lying.

Surah 41:9 actually says:
"Say, "Do you indeed disbelieve in He who created the earth in two days and attribute to Him equals? That is the Lord of the worlds.""
http://quran.com/41/9-12

Different source, same result:
"Say: ‘Do you really disbelieve in Him Who created the earth in two days? And do you set up equals to Him?’ That is the Lord of the worlds."
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=41

قل أئنكم لتكفرون بالذي خلق الأرض في يومين وتجعلون له أندادا ذلك رب العلمين

أندادا = “andadan”

“andadan” definition:

Plural. Idols; things that are taken as objects of worship instead of the true God. Equals; matches; images; idols; rivals, etc.

It comes from the root “nadda”, which means he (a camel) took fright, or shied, or fled, or ran away at random, or became refractory, and went away at random, or ran away, or broke loose, and went hither and thither by reason of his sprightliness; to flee, run away, defame. It (a people) assembled. A high hill; a hill rising high into the sky; a great hill of clay or loam. A like of a person or thing; or a like of a thing by participation of substance; or a thing which does, or may, supply the place of another thing; or a like that is contrary, or apposed to another thing; that opposes it in its circumstances.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume eight, pp. 2777 - 2778
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar p. 556

Again and again....you continue to display your ignorance...:)

Apple7

I personally think that every person who reads the Quran (any religious text, for that matter) shouldn't rely on somebody else to tell them what a certain passage means.

But then again...you let others do the interpreting for YOU, all the time.

Can we say hypocrisy?...:rotfl:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
As already mentioned, the Lord spoken of in sura 108 is the Biblical Jesus Christ.

1. Verily, We have granted you (O Muhammad ()) Al-Kauthar (a river in Paradise);

2. Therefore turn in prayer to your Lord and sacrifice (to Him only).

(Surah 108.1-2 The Noble Quran)​

Are you saying Muhammad prayed and sacrificed to Jesus Christ and not to Allah?

Apple7

1. Verily, We have granted you (O Muhammad ()) Al-Kauthar (a river in Paradise);

2. Therefore turn in prayer to your Lord and sacrifice (to Him only).

(Surah 108.1-2 The Noble Quran)​

Are you saying Muhammad prayed and sacrificed to Jesus Christ and not to Allah?

By following the garbage renderings, like the one that you just posted, you will be misled to the max!

The term 'Muhammad' does NOT appear in the Arabic - thus, the biased translators had to artificially insert the term in parenthesis in order to attempt at fitting in in with their jaded worldview.

Actually, the Koranic 'Muhammad' is an epithet for the Biblical Jesus in the first place!

In addition, how many Lords do you know that were sacrificed?!

Come on....even the people performing this rendering had to turn a blind-eye to this...

The correct rendering of these ayat...

108.1 Truly we gave you the River in Paradise. (Jesus provides the Water of Life in Heaven)

108.2 So you pray to your Lord and Sacrifice. (Jesus, as the sacrificial Lamb, is worshiped)

108.3 Truly your hater and enemy, he, the serpent. (Satan, the enemy to the followers of Jesus Christ)

Greg Jennings

Originally Posted by Greg Jennings View Post

Now I know you've lost it. The Hadith, esp. the Bukhari, which Muslims believe are "the inspired writings of Muhammad,' is a commentary on the Koran. When people search for meaning it's prudent to look at what others believe about certain passages whether in the bible or koran.

Some of the most ignorant people I've met on forums are usually those who boast about their education or having gone to a university.

You fit the profile!

Hmmm....maybe you didn't read my post. I said I personally believe that Muslims should first think for themselves before just blindly accepting what somebody else claims a certain passage means. I didn't say they shouldn't consider anything else, whether that's the Hadith or what some imam says. I said they should think for themselves before.

If you think that me telling you that I studied religion in college is boasting, then I'd have to assume you're not very secure in your own education. Because that is ridiculous. I was simply getting the point across that this isn't my first rodeo. Sorry that offends you. But then again, what doesnt offend fundamentalist Christians?

Greg Jennings

It certainly takes someone who is quite misled to believe the hogwash you do. Universities can't portray TRUE Islam and you've fallen for the entire ball of compassionate Islamic wax....line, hook, and sinker.

Islam has a false prophet called Muhammad. Islam has a false bible called the Koran. Islam has a false god named Allah. Islam has a false christ called "the Muslim jesus." Islam has a false self-fulling prophetic scenario very similar to Christianity's. Islam has a false returning messiah called the Mahdi.

I didn't get that from Walid or Joel.

I know, and that's part of the problem. You got it from Steve and Billy, who never studied this at all and have no clue what they're talking about. They only are interested in painting Islam as evil, even if that means blatantly lying, because what they don't understand scares the living hell out of them. And what do people do to things that scare them? They demonize, in this case quite literally.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
108.2 So you pray to your Lord and Sacrifice. (Jesus, as the sacrificial Lamb, is worshiped)

Who is lord?

Say, ‘My Prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are all for Allah, the Lord of the worlds. (Surah 6.163 Al Islam)​

Greg Jennings

But then again...you let others do the interpreting for YOU, all the time.

Can we say hypocrisy?...:rotfl:

Hmm. Do you not understand that just because I get info from Muslims, doesn't mean I didn't get info from other places? Of course you didn't. Dumb question

Greg Jennings

Did you know that there is at least one sect of Islam, the Submission sect (Bahattin Uzunkaya), that considers the number 666 as well as the number 19, to demonstrate the perfection of the Koran and the proof that Muhammad is the prophet of Allah?

I've never heard that, but it could certainly be true. Have a link?

Greg Jennings

قل أئنكم لتكفرون بالذي خلق الأرض في يومين وتجعلون له أندادا ذلك رب العلمين

أندادا = “andadan”

“andadan” definition:

Plural. Idols; things that are taken as objects of worship instead of the true God. Equals; matches; images; idols; rivals, etc.

It comes from the root “nadda”, which means he (a camel) took fright, or shied, or fled, or ran away at random, or became refractory, and went away at random, or ran away, or broke loose, and went hither and thither by reason of his sprightliness; to flee, run away, defame. It (a people) assembled. A high hill; a hill rising high into the sky; a great hill of clay or loam. A like of a person or thing; or a like of a thing by participation of substance; or a thing which does, or may, supply the place of another thing; or a like that is contrary, or apposed to another thing; that opposes it in its circumstances.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume eight, pp. 2777 - 2778
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar p. 556

Again and again....you continue to display your ignorance...:)

You're not fooling anyone with this nonsense personal translation of yours. Anybody with half a brain can look up the Surah and see for themselves.

If your translation is right, show me one credible source that translates Surah 41:9-10 as you do. That means literally any source that isn't admittedly anti-Islamic. I'll be waiting eagerly

Apple7

Who is lord?

Say, ‘My Prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are all for Allah, the Lord of the worlds. (Surah 6.163 Al Islam)​

The word used in 108.2, for Jesus, is only used this one time in the entirely of the Koran, as thus...

فصل لربك وانحر

Fasalli lirabbika wainhar

108.2 So you pray to your Lord and Sacrifice.

انحر = “inhar”

“inhar” definition:

Singular noun. Offer sacrifice; devote ones life for the humanity; place ones hand in prayer on the upper part of the chest.

It comes from the root “nahara” (nun-ha-ra), which means to slaughter, sacrifice, injure the jugular vein, put hand on the upper part of the chest; to sacrifice by cutting the jugular vein. He stabbed, or stuck a camel, or a beast, in the throat. He slew.

وانحر = “wa” + “inhar” = “wainhar” = and sacrifice

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume eight, pp. 2774 – 2775
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar p. 555
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 144
Concordance of the Koran, Gustav Flugel, p. 191

Occurrences of “wainhar” in the Koran: 1

Occurrences of the root “nahara” and its one derivative in the Koran: 1

A sacrifice to humanity?

The Lamb of God.

Sound familiar?