Muslim here. Ask me a question..

Apple7

run...

run...

In the thread I referenced previously where I observed you interacting with someone who continually proved you wrong, links were provided by the person showing you up. You ignored them repeatedly. Do you think I'm going to fall into this trap of giving you links you'll never consider reading? Child, please. I've got better things to do, shockingly.

I called your bluff.

I'm finished. But you've been going strong for over a year now (as the thread I referenced shows). I think the real question is: when are YOU going to stop raging about this?

You have yet to reference anything.

brewmama

I watched four minutes. It became clear after 30 seconds that there was no corroboration for this woman's claims, you're just taking them at face value because it fits what you want to hear. Anyone can say whatever they want on Facebook. Surprisingly, this doesn't make it true or even slightly credible. Get actual facts from real sources to back up her words and you're right. Until then, it's simply one woman's Facebook video post.

Do you think there aren't a thousand Facebook videos from Muslims saying similar things about Christianity? Again, anybody can say anything on Facebook, and that doesn't make it true

She was raised Muslim. She wasn't Christian. She is very believable and knows her stuff. She is certainly NOT the only Muslim (or es-Muslim) out there speaking with knowledge about Islam. You claim to have the "truth" about Islam, yet you reject everything that Muslims themselves say if it doesn't agree with your views.

Greg Jennings

I called your bluff.
Sure. If you want this "win" then take it. You clearly need it more than I.

You have yet to reference anything.
Fine. You got me to bite. Read it and weep.

Etymology

Further information: El (deity), Ilah, Alaha and Allah
The Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible defines "elohim" as a plural of eloah, an expanded form of the common Semitic noun "'il" (ʾēl).[3] It contains an added heh as third radical to the biconsonantal root. Discussions of the etymology of elohim essentially concern this expansion. An exact cognate outside of Hebrew is found in Ugaritic ʾlhm, the family of El, the creator god and chief deity of the Canaanite pantheon, in Biblical Aramaic ʼĔlāhā and later Syriac Alaha "God", and in Arabic ʾilāh "god, deity" (or Allah as " The [single] God").

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohim

They're the same, bucko

Greg Jennings

She was raised Muslim. She wasn't Christian. She is very believable and knows her stuff. She is certainly NOT the only Muslim (or es-Muslim) out there speaking with knowledge about Islam. You claim to have the "truth" about Islam, yet you reject everything that Muslims themselves say if it doesn't agree with your views.

No, I accept words backed with facts. I've personally conversed with Muslims about this. Can you say the same? No. I have read the Quran and done research on it, including courses at university. Can you say the same? No.

But of course, a Facebook video from a random person trumps all, doesn't it? Especially when backed by anti-Muslim websites!

Greg Jennings

I've know Muslims probably since before you were born and helped them get back into Greece from Germany. That was 1974.

Terrorism hasn't hit you close enough yet.

My mailman lost his bridesmaid on the plane that hit the south tower. The pilot of the plane that hit the north tower was from NH. Beheading victim Jim Foley is from NH. Steven Sotloff another beheading victim went to school in NH. Last week a young man from NH was shot by a Palestinian in Israel.

I truly am sorry for those that you knew and lost. And I think you are in a better position than anyone to understand exactly why these people are mad at us.

Just like you are angry at them because you lost a friend, they too have lost friends, and also family, to US attacks. That's why it's imperative that we try to stay away from occupying this region: mistakes are going to happen, leading to Muslims dying. And the relatives of those who are killed will grow up to hate America because they think we murdered their brothers or sisters or parents or friends.

It's not a coincidence that the "jihadists" around now were mostly children when the Gulf War was going on. They grew up hating us because they or somebody they knew lost a loved one to a bomb or errant gunfire. The longer you hold occupied territory, the more of these mistakes will accumulate, and the longer this problem lasts

Apple7

Sure. If you want this "win" then take it. You clearly need it more than I.

Your admission of defeat is acknowledged.

Fine. You got me to bite. Read it and weep.

Etymology

Further information: El (deity), Ilah, Alaha and Allah
The Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible defines "elohim" as a plural of eloah, an expanded form of the common Semitic noun "'il" (ʾēl).[3] It contains an added heh as third radical to the biconsonantal root. Discussions of the etymology of elohim essentially concern this expansion. An exact cognate outside of Hebrew is found in Ugaritic ʾlhm, the family of El, the creator god and chief deity of the Canaanite pantheon, in Biblical Aramaic ʼĔlāhā and later Syriac Alaha "God", and in Arabic ʾilāh "god, deity" (or Allah as " The [single] God").

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohim

They're the same, bucko

So...

What happened to the threads that you kept insisting upon previously?

That's right....all bluffs.

So...then you have nothing left but to google wiki - a source that anyone with a pulse and an internet link can modify.

Moreover, you should have read your cut-n-paste first, as it tells you quite plainly that elohim only occurs in Hebrew, just like I showed you earlier.

Further, elohim is not the Name of God, Yahweh is...

Greg Jennings

You just don't have it right. Muslims hated us before the Iraq and Afghan wars. Muslim's hate us because we are Western infidels who support Israel and killed Osama bin Laden. They hate us because of our music, books, and of course the Crusades. Israel is the little Satan and America is the Great Satan. Americans love life. Muslims love death.

http://www.blacksheepprophecies.com/

A few million Muslims do think as you've stated above, and that's a serious problem. But not most. It's extremists and the people who support them. That's not a big chunk of the 1+ billion world Muslim population.

And of course, nearly all American Muslims strongly disagree with the radical sentiments in your post.

A word of advice: careful when reading Surahs or bible verses that are purposefully taken out of context, as your source does. The Surahs on that page are not commands from Mohammed to the Muslims of today. They're words from he and Allah on how to handle the problem of nonbelievers being in the land they wanted to settle way back in Mohammed's day. It's the same problem the Israelites had when entering the Promised Land. And if you'll remember, those Jews slaughtered the Canaanite men, women, children, and livestock

Greg Jennings

NONE of those surahs were taken out of context. 60+% of the Koran is directed toward unbelievers. It's the devils bible.

Did you even realize that the Surahs in your link are prophecy and not instruction? It's the same writing style as the book of Revelations. It's prophecy. In Revelations it says Jesus will use a sword that comes from his mouth to smite the wicked. Does that sound peaceful out of context?

Apple7

You just don't have it right. Muslims hated us before the Iraq and Afghan wars. Muslim's hate us because we are Western infidels who support Israel and killed Osama bin Laden. They hate us because of our music, books, and of course the Crusades. Israel is the little Satan and America is the Great Satan. Americans love life. Muslims love death.

http://www.blacksheepprophecies.com/

There are a few errors in your link.

The inner octagon Dome of the Rock inscriptions (representing Islam’s oldest shrine), amazingly revolve around Jesus Christ. So much so, that not only do they directly call-out His name, but his attributes as well…i.e.

• ‘Muhammad is the servant of God and His Messenger’
• ‘Your Messenger and Your servant Jesus'
• The Truth
• Prophet
• Messiah
• Word
• Spirit
• He has certainly been his Son (yakoona lahu waladun)

Even the same Islamic formula (peace be upon him p.b.u.h), which we see all the time in reference to “Muhammad”, is also applied directly to Jesus in these writings.

It is interesting to note that almost the entirety of the inner octagon wall was converted into Koranic scripture.

There simply cannot be any reasonable grounds for doubt in this matter.

The original “Muhammad” was merely one, in a very, very, very long list of Arabic epithets applied directly to the Biblical Jesus Christ.

Apple7

Did you even realize that the Surahs in your link are prophecy and not instruction? It's the same writing style as the book of Revelations. It's prophecy. In Revelations it says Jesus will use a sword that comes from his mouth to smite the wicked. Does that sound peaceful out of context?

This is something that we can find common ground in, as >75% of the Koran was wholesale copied and paraphrased from the Biblical Book of Revelation, as such, this, then, actually makes their 'prophet' John, and their God, Jesus.

jzeidler

How do you deal with the evil and violent verses in the Quran such as "slay the nonbeliever wherever you find them." Quran 2:191

brewmama

Contrary to popular belief here, not being a Christian apologist doesn't make me a Muslim apologist. It's called being objective

"Objective" means only listening to those trying to resurrect the reputation of Islam as a serious religion, rather than what it is, a violent, oppressive, evil regime. Yes you are an apologist, and not a very good one.

And how do you know what I have or haven't studied?

brewmama

How do you deal with the evil and violent verses in the Quran such as "slay the nonbeliever wherever you find them." Quran 2:191

He says that they weren't meant that way and only bad Muslims do that, and anyway the Israelites killed people!