Mean TOL members

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by theo_victis

yeah! lol

hey cyrus, you can be on my top list of mean/foreign people.

1.cyrus
2. anyone else who is mean and foriegn.

Nah, you are too soft about homos. I think that being in list of those who want homos to be executed even today, makes the list more "honorable" :greedy:

One Eyed Jack

Originally posted by theo_victis

hmm...... it was wierd how Lot offered his daughters. His daughters were pretty gross themselves though, remember they did have sex with Lot in attempt to repopulate the earth. ewe!

Well, they grew up in Sodom, so what do you expect?

Maybe Lot panicked and offered his daughters because he wanted to spare the angels. Wierd logic because as far as i know, angels are stuck on earth and they probably could have "disappeared" if they wanted to.

I don't think Lot knew they were angels until they struck the Sodomites blind and told him what was about to happen next. I also suspect Lot knew the Sodomites wouldn't want his daughters, but he offered them anyway as a token gesture, hoping to get the men off the hook.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Cyrus of Persia

There is not written "homosexual offenders" in Greek. I think i already pointed it out yesterday, but it's lost somewhere in the huge spam :rolleyes:

The NRSV is the most literal word for word translation:

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Now really, do you want to argue all the places in Scripture where it talks about homos? Are you really sure you want to argue for God's blessing on sodomy?

theo_victis

soft? eh?

oh yeah i forgot, i dont want to kill them. sorry that would make one soft on the topic of homos.

and you have a point on the list thing. the thing is i am only 9 or 10 at the most on the list for meanies.... i am lookin to be atleast 5 or 6

geesh!

servent101

Well at least I bash those who bash the people of a different sexual orientaition - and I am glad Poly noticed me and put me on her list - the thread moves along so fast I did not read it all -

For the record though - this verse
Paul says, "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

is also handled in Buddhism - in a more clear way. One cannot face eternity with any hankerings for sense gratification - desires of any kind, reaching Nirvana - and I would suggest looking into exactly what that is - I cannot do the subject justice - is the only way to face eternity successfully - those who do not are neither truly happy while they are in a body, nor out of a body.

There is too much to try to share on the subject - but if one wants to try to seek to understand - to divert their energy from seeking pleasure to seeking God Conscious Matters - there is a God who is willing to meet you where you are at, no matter what you have done, or are doing.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

smaller

BANNED
Banned
It appeared that Cyrus was engaged in civil dialog with me and therefore he earned his SPOT or is that a blemish?

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by Nineveh

The NRSV is the most literal word for word translation:

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Now really, do you want to argue all the places in Scripture where it talks about homos? Are you really sure you want to argue for God's blessing on sodomy?

First, you have not read what the Bible says about the real sodomy (aka the Guilt of Sodom). Look at this thread where Beanieboy gladly gave a passage from OT that deals with the actual meaning of the sin. Homosexuality is NOTHING to do with the sin of Sodom.

Secondly, we can go over the translation tomorrow maybe, but it is not nessessary, as Paul condemns it with OTHER SINS in Romans 1. Look it up and you will soon recognize your sins too what are equal to homosexualism in their degree.

Thirdly, i'm off for tonight. It has only 4.5 hours left for me to sleep and i need to give some lectures tomorrow. So i think it will be BIG SIN for me to continue here. Until tomorrow then.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Cyrus of Persia

First, you have not read what the Bible says about the real sodomy (aka the Guilt of Sodom). Look at this thread where Beanieboy gladly gave a passage from OT that deals with the actual meaning of the sin. Homosexuality is NOTHING to do with the sin of Sodom.

The only argument you have is to try to say sodomy doesn't even pass for sexual immorality or sexual impurity.

Secondly, we can go over the translation tomorrow maybe, but it is not nessessary, as Paul condemns it with OTHER SINS in Romans 1. Look it up and you will soon recognize your sins too what are equal to homosexualism in their degree.

Did you miss where he said, "and such were some of you."? He is calling us away from sin, not to it. Should we continue in sin that grace might abound, Cyrus?

smaller

BANNED
Banned
NINevah was CLEANSED COMPLETELY OF ALL SINS on _____________date and at ______________(a.m./p.m.)

therefore she can CONDEMN anyone to ETERNAL TORTURE that she sees fit...

It is what her god commands her to do in fact.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

JoyfulRook

Originally posted by Nineveh

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
John 3:18 :thumb:

adajos

10. wickwoman

9. firechyld

8. Nietzchean

7. beanieboy

6. Dave Miller

5. adajos

4. servent101

3. Chileice

2. Cyrus of Persia

1. SMALLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guys just down right cruel!

Wow, a spot on the list for me!! Imagine that, and here all I did was seriously engage the subject matter of this thread and avoid calling people foul names---and for this I am mean. Fascinating.

The funny thing is, I think I am by far the most conservative person on the list!!! But then again, it's possible to be conservative without treating people poorly.

Poly, Nineveh, Sibbie et al: Perhaps my last post was lost amidst all the other posts, but I would like some response from your side to my post #108.

adajos

Nineveh:

If Poly is judging wrongly, she will answer to the same God beanieboy will. The difference is, she has the covering of Christ and can stand before the Mighty and Righteous God. Beanieboy has only his works to cover himself with. An unrepentant homosexual covered in his abominations vs a repentant follower of Christ, so tell me folks, which shoes would you rather be in on that day?

I don't know the hearts of either Poly or beanieboy so I can't know whether the particulars of your statement are true or not. I'll assume they are for the sake of argument.

So what gives Poly the right, in the above scernario, to revile beanieboy? What gives her the right to rub the truth in his face and to exalt herself by suggesting that she can't wait till he's eternally damned?

What does beanieboy want? To be left alone in his sin at best, to shut up the Gospel at worst. What does Poly want? To see beanieboy look to Christ for his righteousness.

I believe that mere lip service is paid to wanting beanieboy to look to Christ. Why do I say that? Because of Poly's earlier comment to the likes of beanieboy:

And those that continue to spit in the face of God until the day of judgment, we get to rejoice over when they get what's coming to them.

After reading that, does it sound as if she sincerely wants him to look to Christ or would she rather "rejoice" over his eternal demise?

Righteousness:
1. acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin

Poly fits that definition, she has chosen Christ, who is the Only One who can impart righteousness to sinners and cleans them by His blood.

If righteousness encompasses reviling anonymous strangers on the internet, does it also involve calling homosexuals "queers", "homos" and "disgusting masses of vomit" to their faces?

This is where those who are still steeped in sin fall into the definition. They are often found twisting the Righteous Ways of God to fit their world view and "justify" their own sin by their own "moral standard".

So in reality, those who defy the Word of God in favor of their own justification for sin are the self righteous among us, while those who seek Jesus Christ are justified by Him alone.

I don't disagree with your above assessment of self-righteousness. But it's not complete. Self-righteousness would also describe people who exalt themselves over others for any reason. The Pharisees would be the classic example of this---their lives were typically more moral than those of the sinners whom Jesus helped. And yet they were self-righteous.

Don't be so quick to excuse yourselves from the possibility of self-righteousness. Each and every one of us is susceptible to it.

There are only two options:
1. The Law convicts and shows a need for repentance.
2. The Law is twisted to avoid being convicted and negating the need to repent.

If you decide on option 2, you have chosen to live under the law you are breaking and will be judged by, you have chosen your own self righteousness. Nice? No, I can't see anything nice about it, but that is the reality.

I choose #1. I disagree with the "Enyartians" on how people typically ought to be approached when they are in sin.

adajos

Poly:

I've always maintained that it is those who mock God, blatently continue to proudly live in their sin and think they have no need of Christ, that should be the ones who are dealt with harshly. We don't find this with Zacheus and "the woman". The ones we do find being self-righteous, Jesus never hesitated to rebuke or offend.

Jesus did sometimes rebuke harshly the unrepentant. I would not deny that because clearly it's Biblical.

But what about other cases? How about the account of Christ's interaction with the woman at the well in John 4? You'll notice that she had not yet repented and was sinning in heterosexual promiscuity. Christ stated the facts of what she was doing that were obviously sin---but he didn't call her a harlot, a wh$#(, or a slut. He didn't suggest her execution. He didn't say how eager He was for her to burn in hell.

Taking such a simplistic, partial, and slanted view of Christ's actions and basing your ideas only on that has led to some bad and harmful conclusions for Enyart and his people. Do you see how your views are only based on a small part of what Christ did?

Let me ask you something, adajos. So many insist that Christ had fellowship with those living in sin. I've heard many times "He hung out with prostitutes", not meaning ex-prostitutes but ones who were still commiting vile acts. The pharisees were also "sinners". So if it didn't bother Christ to "hang out" with other sinners, why wouldn't he be willing to do the same with them? Why would He mock them? Didn't He know that if he would just be nice and accept them, it would be far more effective?

I have these points in answer to your question:

1. Christ did associate with the Pharisees---they would come and listen to His teachings and often question him, deliberately trying to trap them. Some, who were more sincere than others he associated with more--Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus for instance.

2. Christ could see what was in people's hearts in a way that you and I cannot.

3. The Pharisees appeared righteous and went through the motions of doing all the right things and condemning all the wrong things. But they were filled with self-righteousness and more interested in seeming holy to others than in loving and helping people. As such, they represented God poorly and did more harm than good.

Answer me this---who is "most similar" to the Pharisees in this conversation---yourself or beanieboy? Please give your grounds for your answer as well.

BTW Poly, where did your post that I am responding to in this post go? Either it was deleted, or I responded to this post in the wrong thread. Which is it?

firechyld

Why am I on the lists?

Sorry, doll, but I don't fit your definition.

There are some really mean people on this board. They don't care enough about unbelievers to warn them of the destruction that awaits them. They lie to them and lead them down the wrong path saying such things as "God loves everybody".

I've never claimed to know what "God" wants.

theo_victis

is that the definement for people on the list?

They don't care enough about unbelievers to warn them of the destruction that awaits them. They lie to them and lead them down the wrong path saying such things as "God loves everybody".

telling them God loves them.... huh? who woulda thunk that Jesus was wrong all those times.

Ya know, you would think that since, well, Jesus is God he would know what he is talking about and you know, when the bible says God is love you would think that God loves others....

huh, I guess i am wrong though (and a meanie).

btw, Cyrus do you defend the idea that homosexuality is not a sin?

because there is where we major differ....

theo_victis

oh, well i dont think thats the defination that was made for us on the top 10 mean people list. Poly was #1 on one of the lists so....