Mean TOL members

beanieboy

Originally posted by adajos

beanieboy:

Great scenario!! I love Chipotle! Just had one last night.....YUM.

The Poly version:

JC: Beanie, I would like you to worship me.
Beanie: Hm, well, I have some problems with the Bible, dude, like God mauling kids with bears. And I don't see a lot of your followers even listening to you. They always seem haughty, or angry.
JC: Fine! Screw you, you puke! I'm not even going to SIT with you! You make me sick!
Beanie: Dude, you may want to go caffeine free.
JC: Yeah? Well, when I throw you into hell, I'm going to laugh!
Beanie: Um, ok. Have a nice lunch!
JC: GO TO HELL!
Beanie: Apparently, already on my way.

Chileice

Originally posted by beanieboy

How do you think that Christ would deal with me.

I'm at Chipotle, eating a burito. Jesus asks if he can sit at my table, I say sure.

Then what?

Far be it from me to KNOW what Jesus would say exactly. I'm sure He would surprise all of us. But I expect he would ask how you are doing, look at you with warm eyes that would make you squirm. Not from a sexual feeling, but a sudden feeling of not being worthy of such love from a person. He would probably make you think of every wrong thing you ever did and then he would probably put his arm around you and say he died for all that worthless stuff. And he would probably invite you to leave it behind and follow Him. And then you would be left with a decision like Matthew or Zaccheus or the rich young ruler. You could walk away sad or you could buy him a burrito and say that even though you don't quite understand all it means to follow him, your going to do it anyway.

I expect that burrito would be the best you ever had in your life and then would begin the lifelong challenge of trying to live in the way your new master desired. You would learn to laugh and enjoy life.. even the simple things. You would struggle against those temptations you used to just give into because it was easier. You would suffer abuse from people who think you are either too soft or too exclusive. You would have the power to love them anyway, even though it was tough sometimes. You would also have the opportunity to buy a lot more burritos.

You could buy one for every person you tried to introduce to the Jesus who met you over a burrito. And you'ld be glad to spend that money... even on the guys who got up from the table and walked away... because you would know how very much the love of Christ was worth it.

That's a guess, anyway. I don't think it would be too awful far from what might happen.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So yeah, actually Christ might say that. I don't remember Christ saying "linger around and insult people who are unreceptive to what you say".
You say not to do this yet you are doing it. You're hypocricy is annoying.

Can you explain how you then interpret this to mean that one should offend everyone by any means necessary?
You are now so desperate to make a case that you are resorting to lies and the twisting of words. Please show where I have said "one should offend everyone by any means necessary."

How do you think that Christ would deal with me.

I'm at Chipotle, eating a burito. Jesus asks if he can sit at my table, I say sure.

Then what?
Why should I answer this? You, and so many others, will continue to pretend later that this was never answered. It's getting soooooo old but hey, what's one more time for good measure?
He'd sit down with you and explain to you who He was, maybe through a parable. Once He found out that you felt you had no need of Him and that you rejected Him, He might have hung around long enough to call you a few names, but he'd let you know what your destination would now be since you've chosen to reject Him. He would then have nothing more to do with you unless you repented, except maybe warn you a few more times of your doom on the chance that He might run into you again in the streets.

So for the last time, beanieboy, you are not repentant. You feel you have no need of Christ. THIS is why you are now rejected by Him. You may be a lot of things but you are not that dumb. I know you are getting this. But you, along with adajos and others want to continue to make it look as if I'm saying that Christ would reject you no matter what, even if you repented, because it helps your case.
And adajos wants to call me dishonest.

adajos

Poly:

So yeah, actually Christ might say that. I don't remember Christ saying "linger around and insult people who are unreceptive to what you say".

You say not to do this yet you are doing it. You're hypocricy is annoying.

How am I being a hypocrite again? You're going to have to be more clear than that.

But you, along with adajos and others want to continue to make it look as if I'm saying that Christ would reject you no matter what, even if you repented, because it helps your case.
And adajos wants to call me dishonest.

Where have I claimed that you believe Christ rejects repentant sinners? That's a strawman.

the Sibbie

Luke 10: 10 But when you enter a town and are not welcomed, go into its streets and say, 11 Even the dust of your town that sticks to our feet we wipe off against you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God is near.' 12 I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.

Not welcomed.
It doesn't say, "If they don't convert on the spot..."
It doesn't say, "If they don't agree with what you say..."
It says, "If you enter a town and ARE NOT WELCOMED.

I have done nothing to not welcome you.
That's why we roll up our selves and dig into the dirt to try and help you straighten your beliefs out. :)

beanieboy

Originally posted by theo_victis
Beanieboy, what are your intentions in searching out scriptures? Do you love God? Do you love Jesus? Have you asked for forgiveness and repented?

I look for truth, but the Divine Truth, not your truth, or Poly's truth, etc. THE truth.

So many people build Churches and then but God in it.

I was reading about a man who went to Nepal, and studied with a lama. He said that when he would take his walk with the master, that he noticed how he would bless even the smallest of insects.

How can I reject that?

He said the master was very humble, and the same has been said of the Dali Lama.

How can I reject that?

Today, I was reading one of the Buddhist truths: Life is difficult. Once you accept this, it becomes easier.

This is the way that Dr. Peck, a Christian, starts off The Road Less Traveled.

When you read Man's Search for Meaning, a jewish man says that one's meaning is usually truly tied with what you can do for others.

God doesn't live in a cage that you build for him.

He is where he wants to be.
He can reveal himself in any book, any religion. He is not limited to the Bible.

And I believe that all are created in the image of God. All of us have, deep down, a soul that is like a reflection of God. Buddhists call it the Buddha within.
Once you understand this, guilt replaces hope.
Sadness is replaced with calm confidence.

But you also stop looking at people as digusting puke, and instead, see them as potential spiritually awaken people as well.
You start to see them as part of one team, part of one family, instead of the other, the enemy, the threat.

That's my intention.
I can't really help it. I'm called to do search out whatever it is.

But as I've already said, I found these Buddhists words very true:
Trust seekers of truth.
Do not trust those who claim they have found it.

I see some people here on a journey, here to learn.
I see others demanding that people listen to them and the words they teach, but refusing to be the student, claiming to be the wise one, the holder of all truth.

And I remember the Buddhist words. I think God was whispering in my ear.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

I don't know the hearts of either Poly or beanieboy so I can't know whether the particulars of your statement are true or not. I'll assume they are for the sake of argument.

I suppose beanieboy could be lying, but why? I suppose Poly could be lying, but why? The actions of these two people here at TOL is all we have to go by, I'd rather be on Poly's side.

So what gives Poly the right, in the above scernario, to revile beanieboy? What gives her the right to rub the truth in his face and to exalt herself by suggesting that she can't wait till he's eternally damned?

Exalt herself? I'm sorry, you and I have a different take on what's going on on this thread. Anyway, what makes Poly "right"? Poly? Nope. Christ. If Poly deviates from God, she deviates from being "right". So far, I haven't seen her do anything but offer the Gospel to beanieboy's deaf ears.

Believe it or not, on Judgement day the unrepentant will go to hell. The evil they do will be gone. To me, that is a reason to rejoice. No more murderers or child rapers, no more fear of theft or rape. It will be a sad day when we see those we know who have rejected Christ be sent away, but how long can we cry for those who chose to be apart from God? Jesus will wipe away every tear. I won't miss sin.

I believe that mere lip service is paid to wanting beanieboy to look to Christ. Why do I say that? Because of Poly's earlier comment to the likes of beanieboy:

I guess that's a diffence that dwells in colliding world views.

After reading that, does it sound as if she sincerely wants him to look to Christ or would she rather "rejoice" over his eternal demise?

You could see it that way - or-
You could see it this way:
beanieboy chooses to reject Christ (spit in God's face). He will see hell unless he repents. What do you suppose Poly's attitude toward beanieboy would be if he repented?

If righteousness encompasses reviling anonymous strangers on the internet, does it also involve calling homosexuals "queers", "homos" and "disgusting masses of vomit" to their faces?

If that is what is called for. But, seriously, most of the derogatory names like "queer" and "fag" have been adopted in the deathstyle as almost "terms of endearment". If the names that describe their lives disgust them enough, they have the option to change.

I don't disagree with your above assessment of self-righteousness. But it's not complete. Self-righteousness would also describe people who exalt themselves over others for any reason. The Pharisees would be the classic example of this---their lives were typically more moral than those of the sinners whom Jesus helped. And yet they were self-righteous.

The Pharisees were as godless as beanieboy, yet they both like to quote the Bible to justify themselves :think: So I guess you reinforce the idea beanieboy is going to be judged according to his own righteousness. Another thing the Pharisees have in common with beanieboy is rejecting Christ.

Don't be so quick to excuse yourselves from the possibility of self-righteousness. Each and every one of us is susceptible to it.

I'm human, but I don't see how trying to get my neighbor out of a deathstyle that has already claimed 420,000 and counting, leads to disease, and shortens his life expectancy self serving.

I consider offering him justification to continue in his deathstyle so one may have the feeling of "defending the down trodden" or "championing the underdog" to be far more self serving than offering him the Gospel.

I choose #1. I disagree with the "Enyartians" on how people typically ought to be approached when they are in sin.

Those options have nothing to do with witnessing. Those options are the options every person faces:
1. The Law convicts and shows a need for repentance.
2. The Law is twisted to avoid being convicted and negating the need to repent.
But, I'm glad you are among those who were convicted and repented instead of option two, twisted the Law to justify yourself in sin :)

theo_victis

Now we are getting somewhere. I too hold a great passion to search for THE TRUTH in all things. I dont care about anything but the truth (sometimes i lie hehe).

So beanieboy, do you hold the opinion that all religions lead to God? What i am really asking is do you think if you are sincere in other religions (other than christianity) that God will admit you into heaven?

thanks, and you forgot to answer my other couple of questions could you please answer them.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

I look for truth, but the Divine Truth, not your truth, or Poly's truth, etc. THE truth.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

beanieboy

Originally posted by Chileice

Far be it from me to KNOW what Jesus would say exactly. I'm sure He would surprise all of us. But I expect he would ask how you are doing, look at you with warm eyes that would make you squirm.

Actually, there was a time when I sat and meditated. And there was this really warm feeling, and one thought, saying, "Thank you for finally joining us at the table." I must have cried for 10 minutes, and couldn't raise my head. But it wasn't from guilt. It was from finding myself simply worthy of God. I was crying tears of disbelief and joy.

There is a great monologue from MySoCalledLife.
"Sometimes, it's like we are all in prison, and our crime is how much we hate ourselves. But if you look closely, people are so complicated that they are actually.... beautiful. Maybe even me."

Jane Sibery sings, "If you press people, you will find out that they think they are unworthy of love."

So, what do you see the effects of showing hostility to someone? Of namecalling? Of telling them they are puke?
If anything, it will probably push them further into feeling unworthy of love. Christ taught forgiveness more than guilt, taught love, not hostility.

the Sibbie

Actually, there was a time when I sat and meditated. And there was this really warm feeling, and one thought, saying, "Thank you for finally joining us at the table." I must have cried for 10 minutes, and couldn't raise my head. But it wasn't from guilt. It was from finding myself simply worthy of God. I was crying tears of disbelief and joy.

There is a great monologue from MySoCalledLife.
"Sometimes, it's like we are all in prison, and our crime is how much we hate ourselves. But if you look closely, people are so complicated that they are actually.... beautiful. Maybe even me."

Jane Sibery sings, "If you press people, you will find out that they think they are unworthy of love."

So, what do you see the effects of showing hostility to someone? Of namecalling? Of telling them they are puke?
If anything, it will probably push them further into feeling unworthy of love. Christ taught forgiveness more than guilt, taught love, not hostility.
But beanie you are forgetting a very important thing. We are unworthy of His love. The reason we want to accept Him as our Savior is because of the guilt and shame that we come to recognize in our lives and that our works aren't enough to pay the price. Once we have humbled ourselves, admitted our guilt, repented and accepted His sacrifice we are given a sense of worth by the Holy Blood of the Lamb.

And those of us who have already accepted Christ have that sense of worth, but you accuse us of self-righteousness. We've already been broken down by our guilt and made new.

beanieboy

Originally posted by Poly
You are now so desperate to make a case that you are resorting to lies and the twisting of words. Please show where I have said "one should offend everyone by any means necessary."

Your actions.

One Eyed Jack

The one I quoted was the story in Judges, actually.

Yeah, but that's a whole different story, involving different people, a different town, and a different time. Lot's name isn't even mentioned in the book of Judges.

Chileice

Not worthy, but accepted.

Hebrews 4
16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

We didn't earn it. We are worthy because we are His and as adopted children we have all the rights and priveledges the Father gives his only begotten son, Jesus.

Hebrews 2:
10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 saying:

"I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You."

13And again:
"I will put My trust in Him."

And again:
"Here am I and the children whom God has given Me."

14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham. 17 T herefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

He lived it and is not sfraid to help us live it whether we really deserve it or not. That is love. Don't see much hate in these passages. hmmmm.

beanieboy

Originally posted by theo_victis

Now we are getting somewhere. I too hold a great passion to search for THE TRUTH in all things. I dont care about anything but the truth (sometimes i lie hehe).

So beanieboy, do you hold the opinion that all religions lead to God? What i am really asking is do you think if you are sincere in other religions (other than christianity) that God will admit you into heaven?

thanks, and you forgot to answer my other couple of questions could you please answer them.

Am I sincere in my religions that God will admit me into heaven?
It doesn't matter. What matters is how I live here. If I simply say, "I believe in Jesus," then snub the person begging for change, I have gained nothing.

I want to put myself out there. I want to offer myself and help where I can. I want to read as much as I can, and pray, and meditate, and tell God that I am searching for truth and be asked to be led.

And if the end of it, it leads to hell, then so be it.
But I would rather be a kind searcher of truth that ends up in hell, than a bible beater who would just as soon spit in your face that lives in heaven.

Who would want to live eternity with haughty people that love namecalling, that call hate love? Not me.

Yep. Going to burn with Ghandi.

theo_victis

Beanie-->

The three remaining chapters of Judges contain a very sad history of the wickedness of the men of Gibeah, in Benjamin. Not of Sodom and Gomorrah.

look at the first verse in this chapter:

Jdg 19:1 In those days Israel had no king.

it mentions israel. Israel didnt exsist when abraham was alive. this is a different story.

Sorry i didnt point this out before. But i think OEJ did a couple of times, I forgot though.