9. lighthouse

8. Crytahvn

7. Smaller

6. wickwoman

5. firechyld

4. Nietzchean

3. Cyrus of Persia

2. beanieboy

1. Who do you think should deserve this spot Poly?

Just my 2 cents, but JUDGING just FROM THIS THREAD, I would NOMINATE smaller. :)

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by beanieboy

Ezekiel 15:48-50

Ezekiel 16
48 As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD , your sister Sodom and her daughters never did what you and your daughters have done.
49 " 'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

<cough>

BINGO :thumb:

I will jump soon into another thread to check out have those gay-molesters already figured out too what the sin of Sodom was. I needed to ask it repeatedly and no reply.

Chileice

May I ask you a question?

Of those of whom you speak, they often quote not calling light darkness, and darkness light, to love what is right, and abhor what is evil.

But it seems that these people who claim this are actually doing that - calling love hatred and weakness, and calling callousness, hatred, death wishes, etc., love.

What do you think?

Read Romans 9. They take one verse... out of context... without reading the whole thing.

Living Sacrifices to God

Christians Should Lead Transformed Lives
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Serve God with Spiritual Gifts
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. 4 For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, 5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 7 or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 8 he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

Behave Like a Christian
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.
20 Therefore

"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Please read the WHOLE passage. I am not defending you, beanie. You are not asking me to. I do not think that homosexual behaviour is God's plan for your life or anyone else's. I think you have sold yourself short of what God intended you to be and for that I am sorry. But my take on this is that I should continue to love you and to interact with you even if you spit in my face (which you haven't).

But they seem to think that calling you names or condemning you to death is going to scare you into the kingdom of God. Let love be without hypocrisy means not that we hate all people who sin because we would have to hate everyone including ourselves. It means we should look in the mirror before God and ask Him to cleanse ME... not the other guy. I can never live your life for you, beanie. I can't live it for Poly or for smaller or anyone.

But as far as it depends on me I can be at peace with God and with all people. They may reject me and my Christainity (many have). But I do not need to seek to be offended. That is masochism. That is unhealthy. Yes, I have suffered as a Christian, but I don't go looking to make people hate me. I try to build bridges to them rather than burn all my bridges behind me. I think that that (in context) is what the Bible teaches. It is very dangerous to just throw around carefully selected proof-texts that support one's point of view. That is why we have all kinds of abherent groups calling themselves Christians like the JWs and others.

I can still hate evil and love the person who does it. Jesus did it with every person he met. He loved Peter and hated his sin, he loved the woman at the well and hated her sin, he loved the woman caught in adultery and hated her sin, he loves me and hates my sin. He loves Poly and hates her sin. He loves you and hates your sin. If Christians can't love sinners, we have to hate every person on the planet and we would be the most despicable people in existence. But to a true Christian hate will never be love.

Well you ask for an answer and got a sermon... but I hope it makes sense.

Blessings.

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by Dread Helm

TOP TEN MEANIES:

10. theo_victus

9. lighthouse

8. Crytahvn

7. Smaller

6. wickwoman

5. firechyld

4. Nietzchean

3. Cyrus of Persia

2. beanieboy

:darwinsm:

I have always noticed that some kids dont like me, and i have used to accept that. What should i do to earn the honorable First place and get the gold medal? :chuckle:

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by theo_victis

am i really a meanie? oh, and if i am, is there any chance i could get higher on the list? hehe just kidding!

Just keep your spot at first, unless you fall out. If you manage to do that, you can make good climbing. :chuckle:

Chileice

Originally posted by Nineveh

Just my 2 cents, but JUDGING just FROM THIS THREAD, I would NOMINATE smaller. :)

I feel offended that I didn't at least get nominated for the top ten according to your definition of "Meany".

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Chileice

I feel offended that I didn't at least get nominated for the top ten according to your definition of "Meany".

If it makes you feel any better, I just added you to my "those I have offended at TOL" list :)

Cyrus of Persia

Cyrus of Persia,
NT=New Testament. Do you consider the NT to cover "our day"?.

In it's message - yes.

In it's socio-cultural clothing - no.

Homosexuality is socio-cultural clothing.

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by Chileice

Nah. I can play "nice" for 1 month and talk in every thread only this what Dread loves to hear. The memory is short enough, so i will soon be gone from this list and you can have a spot ;)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dread Helm

TOP TEN MEANIES:

10. theo_victus

9. lighthouse

8. Crytahvn

7. Smaller

6. wickwoman

5. firechyld

4. Nietzchean

3. Cyrus of Persia

2. beanieboy

Hmmm... well, not that I don't consider most all that you've listed as mean but I consider some of the meanest people of all to be Christians who love hypocritically, are unwilling to abhor evil and refuse to warn unbelievers of their destruction so I'd have to revise the list.
First I'd take out lighthouse. I've seen him be nice enough to truthsmack a homo or 2. I'd probably take out theo_victus, too (for now). I'm holding out to make a decision on him since, after reading a couple of his recent posts I'm wondering if he might not be so mean after all.

So my list would have to be:

10. wickwoman

9. firechyld

8. Nietzchean

7. beanieboy

6. Dave Miller

5. adajos

4. servent101

3. Chileice

2. Cyrus of Persia

1. SMALLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This guys just down right cruel!

Last edited:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Cyrus of Persia

In it's message - yes.

In it's socio-cultural clothing - no.

Homosexuality is socio-cultural clothing.

Paul says, "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

I think it's pretty clear.

One Eyed Jack

22 While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, "Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him."
23 The owner of the house went outside and said to them, "No, my friends, don't be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don't do this disgraceful thing. 24 Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But to this man, don't do such a disgraceful thing."
25 But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. 26 At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight.

They wanted to have sex with the man, and instead, raped the woman.

The same story.

No, this is a different story that took place in a different time, a different city, and happened to different people.

Lot was going to offer his daughters to them men.

He did offer his daughters to them, but they refused because they wanted to have sex with the men. In fact, they were about to gank Lot when the angels struck them blind and pulled Lot back inside.

JoyfulRook

Originally posted by Poly

10. wickwoman

9. firechyld

8. Nietzchean

7. beanieboy

6. Dave Miller

5. adajos

4. servent101

3. Chileice

2. Cyrus of Persia

:chuckle:

Cyrus is moving up the ranks.... :rolleyes:

servent101

Aimiel
In fact, if the death penalty were adopted worldwide for homosexual acts when The Lord spoke it and kept in place to this day, I doubt that there would be any AIDS. We'd certainly have a lot better TV shows to choose from for our kids to be allowed to watch.

You do have a good point here... but the price it comes with - we would not stop at killing people of different sexual orientation, we would kill people of different religious beliefs, political beliefs, people who were pacifists anyone who could not work - and soon the world would just be a place where people would murder anyone who is not the same as them. Hitler tried some of your tactics - and they just snowballed.

It would be better for secular humanists to look after their own - and for Christians to look after their own - to show people the truth by example - granted there are people who are gifted by the Holy Spirit to exhort people to a Holy life - and these people would have a lot more success if the church could shut up it's club in one hand - Bible in other adrenalin addicted junkies who thrive on making conflict and defaming the good Name of the Lord - and you are one of them Aimiel.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by Poly

10. wickwoman

9. firechyld

8. Nietzchean

7. beanieboy

6. Dave Miller

5. adajos

4. servent101

3. Chileice

2. Cyrus of Persia

Wee!! It took only little time and i'm already earning Silver Medal. Well, if i tell you the secret - smaller thinks that homosexuality is sin - can i get the top spot now? :help:

BTW, if i get tired of my top spot one day, how many gays i need to bash before you take me out from the list? I think that bashing other sinners doesnt make it :chuckle:

Cyrus of Persia

Paul says, "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

I think it's pretty clear.

There is not written "homosexual offenders" in Greek. I think i already pointed it out yesterday, but it's lost somewhere in the huge spam :rolleyes: