ECT MAD implies both Jesus and Paul are liars.

john w

Hall of Fame
You're a typical Darby Follower.

You can't defend Darby's false teachings with scripture, so you fly off the handle, call people names, insult them, etc.
Please say that again, you unemployed loser, Frank Burns/Clay Aikens look-a-like?? Please, little arms sissy?

john w

Hall of Fame
"Jesus never physically returned, and never will physically return to planet earth after He ascended to Heaven"-Preterist cult member Craigie Tet.

vs.

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-cult member Craigie

"Everyone" that saw Him, according to Craigie, was Josephus, and Wikipedia. Wait....According to Craigie the Clown, he did not return physically, but all of Jerusalem saw him.. And, according to Craigie the Clown, signs are invisible...

Wait...

Vs.

"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD viathe Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread

"Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."-cult member Craigie

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Hebrews 9:28 KJV
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Craigie the cult member Clown: The Roman army was looking for him-that is the "them" above. My infallible AD 70/Pteterist "teachers" taught me,like Hank Hanegraaf, from whom I copy'npaste/spam.

Shazam, Gomer!

Preterist Gomer Tet...from the army of the ignorant.

I know, I know....Darby...Bullinger....You follow the teachings/inventions/theories of fallible men, unlike me, as I, Craigie, follow the teachings of infallible men, or women, or the pope....vision of a teenage girl.....Darby.....Bullinger.....figurative.....hy perbole...fulfilled AD 65, or 66, 0r 70, 0r 666......No one taught dispensationalism, until Darby, and no one taught that the earth was round, until, and no one taught of the concept of "God the Father," until this "Jesus" I reference, in disrespect, flipping the bird at him, came around, and the idea that he will be King on the planet earth, ..........and Pluto was a planet, at one time, as when you discover objective truth, determines if it is, in fact, objective truth, you see, well, uh, urr, and thus, the Lord Jesus Christ was not really the Lord God, until I, Gomer Tet., discovered it, you see.....

Snip....snap...snort....

Embarrassing clown, devil boy, cult member.

And get a job, you wimp.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

google "dispensationalism", and you will find the following at Wikipedia:

"Dispensationalism developed as a system from the teachings of John Nelson Darby (1800–82)"

IOW, you are a follower of John Nelson Darby, and dispensationalism didn't exist before the year 1830.

Danoh

google "dispensationalism", and you will find the following at Wikipedia:

"Dispensationalism developed as a system from the teachings of John Nelson Darby (1800–82)"

IOW, you are a follower of John Nelson Darby, and dispensationalism didn't exist before the year 1830.

Per the illogic of your incompetence, what had always been there all along - certain laws of gravity, and of force, and of time, and space, and mass, etc. - did not exist until men many centuries later began to decode and develop them as a conscious means or system by which to look at such phenomena from.

But you...are an incompetent: and this is an accurate description of your incompetence that obviously existed way before you ever posted on TOL.

You...are an incompetent.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Per the illogic of your incompetence, what had always been there all along - certain laws of gravity, and of force, and of time, and space, and mass, etc. - did not exist until men many centuries later began to decode and develop them as a conscious means or system by which to look at such phenomena from.

LOL...so you finally admit dispensationalism didn't exist until 1830.

One little problem with your "decode and development" theory.

(2 Tim 2:2) And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.

Paul didn't tell Timothy that it would take 1,800 years, until John Nelson Darby "decoded and developed" dispensationalism.

But you...are an incompetent:

You're a Darby Follower.

Danoh

LOL...so you finally admit dispensationalism didn't exist until 1830.

One little problem with your "decode and development" theory.

(2 Tim 2:2) And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.

Paul didn't tell Timothy that it would take 1,800 years, until John Nelson Darby "decoded and developed" dispensationalism.

You're a Darby Follower.

Typical of the Preterist - twist a thing to where it fits his needed self-delusion - you could not but twist my above to where it argues in favor of your delusion.

But you...are an incompetent.

Case in point, o ever incompetent one - Darby had held the "other sheep not of this fold" in John 10 refers to Gentiles.

I have never held that view.

You do.

You are the "Darby follower" there.

But you are an incompetent.

Thus, your ever incompetent "one size fits all" "quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, walks like a duck; must be a duck" - never a beautiful Swan.

You are simply that...incompetent.

Acts 17:11,12.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I wish you fellas would start a thread about this.
I have questions about it too. (Where was it first prophesied, is the valley of dry bones a resurrection, did anything in the law foreshadow resurrection, are tribulation saints resurrected for the millennium, etc.)
I've seen the topic skimmed over like it's being done in this thread, but it would be nice to have it's own study thread.
I would start with the scriptures quoted and referenced in the New Testament, when the author is writing about or the speaker is speaking about the Resurrection. I thought that Genesis-Deuteronomy never mentioned resurrection of any kind, which is why the Sadducees rejected the notion completely, and Pharisees like Paul received it, but maybe not? What does the New Testament say? For a certainty, the Lord Jesus during His earthly ministry taught very plainly about His Resurrection, down to which day He would rise from the dead.

Danoh

I would start with the scriptures quoted and referenced in the New Testament, when the author is writing about or the speaker is speaking about the Resurrection. I thought that Genesis-Deuteronomy never mentioned resurrection of any kind, which is why the Sadducees rejected the notion completely, and Pharisees like Paul received it, but maybe not? What does the New Testament say? For a certainty, the Lord Jesus during His earthly ministry taught very plainly about His Resurrection, down to which day He would rise from the dead.

Consider the following...

Matthew 22:23 The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him, 22:24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. 22:25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: 22:26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. 22:27 And last of all the woman died also. 22:28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. 22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Resurrection is a general principle, basic rule of thumb, or guideline within The Law and the Prophets that is above their content, or what they wrote or did not write of.

A rule of thumb that then allows one to see beyond what content was written about or described, or not.

A principle as a general rule of thumb, or guideline, is also the important thing that differs in that old Chinese proverb "Give a man a fish (give him content: a result); feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish (point him to cause or the principles behind a thing); feed him for a lifetime."

And in the above, in Matthew 22, the Lord's focus is obviously more on a core principle or guiding rule of thumb within the Law and the Prophets, than on their content, or absence thereof; their content or absence thereof being what His foes are obviously, incompetently focused on.

Thus, The Lord's observation there, of a general principle or rule of thumb, obviously running throughout the Law and the Prophets - in God's very Promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob itself: His Promise to them concerning not only A Multiplied Seed, and not only of A Land; but both "for an everlasting possession."

All of which is centered on the overall guiding principle of A Resurrection.

Or as He Himself so eloquently put this principle so central throughout the Law and the Prophets...

Matthew 22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

This is Bible study, when it is absent of one ism, or another...going in.

When general principles are sought out first, from, and within Scripture itself; towards a consciously sound means of guidance in one's own studies of one thing or another from, and within...the Scripture itself, towards Scripture's intended result: that...

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; 4:14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

Prov. 27:17
Acts 17:11, 12

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Consider the following...

Matthew 22:23 The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him, 22:24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. 22:25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: 22:26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. 22:27 And last of all the woman died also. 22:28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. 22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Resurrection is a general principle, basic rule of thumb, or guideline within The Law and the Prophets that is above their content, or what they wrote or did not write of.
Right. But the Lord's own Resurrection is what Paul says to believe, to be saved. So I'm especially interested in Old Testament scriptures that prophesy of that blessed and glorious event. But of course, "if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen" (1Co15:13KJV), so establishing the general principle is not without value, to be sure.
A rule of thumb that then allows one to see beyond what content was written about or described, or not.

A principle as a general rule of thumb, or guideline, is also the important thing that differs in that old Chinese proverb "Give a man a fish (give him content: a result); feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish (point him to cause or the principles behind a thing); feed him for a lifetime."

And in the above, in Matthew 22, the Lord's focus is obviously more on a core principle or guiding rule of thumb within the Law and the Prophets, than on their content, or absence thereof; their content or absence thereof being what His foes are obviously, incompetently focused on.
The Lord's quote belies perhaps that what the Sadducees actually did believe, in the absence of believing in resurrection as general principle, was simple "dust to dust," and that's that. Genesis 3:19 (KJV) and cf. Ecclesiastes 3:20 (KJV) also.
Thus, The Lord's observation there, of a general principle or rule of thumb, obviously running throughout the Law and the Prophets - in God's very Promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob itself: His Promise to them concerning not only A Multiplied Seed, and not only of A Land; but both "for an everlasting possession."

All of which is centered on the overall guiding principle of A Resurrection.

Or as He Himself so eloquently put this principle so central throughout the Law and the Prophets...

Matthew 22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

This is Bible study, when it is absent of one ism, or another...going in.

When general principles are sought out first, from, and within Scripture itself; towards a consciously sound means of guidance in one's own studies of one thing or another from, and within...the Scripture itself, towards Scripture's intended result: that...

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; 4:14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

Prov. 27:17
Acts 17:11, 12
:e4e:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Typical of the Preterist - twist a thing to where it fits his needed self-delusion - you could not but twist my above to where it argues in favor of your delusion.

Nah...you got caught admitting dispensationalism didn't exist before 1830.

C'mon Danoh, we all know deep down inside that's what you Darby Followers know is true, even though you guys live in denial about it.

You are a Darby Follower.

Case in point, o ever incompetent one - Darby had held the "other sheep not of this fold" in John 10 refers to Gentiles.

Darby was half-right. Darby didn't know the Gentiles from the "other sheep" consisted of the descendants of the house of Israel.

I have never held that view.

You haven't given your view.

You don't have an answer to whom were the "other sheep"? You avoid the question, as do all the other MADists. To date, I have never seen a MADist explain who the other sheep were.

FYI, years ago, when I was a dispy, I was debating heir about the other sheep. She was a MADist, I was an A2D. It was her failure, and all the other MADists on TOL to explain who the other sheep were, that led me down the path to Preterism.
You are the "Darby follower" there.

Darby wasn't 100% wrong. Just wrong most of the time.
But you are an incompetent.

Thus, your ever incompetent "one size fits all" "quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, walks like a duck; must be a duck" - never a beautiful Swan.

Yes, I put all you Darby Followers in the same boat. You guys have your subtle differences, but you all have the same false teaching foundation.

You are simply that...incompetent.

You are simply....a Darby Follower.

Danoh

Nah...you got caught admitting dispensationalism didn't exist before 1830.

C'mon Danoh, we all know deep down inside that's what you Darby Followers know is true, even though you guys live in denial about it.

Darby was half-right. Darby didn't know the Gentiles from the "other sheep" consisted of the descendants of the house of Israel.

You haven't given your view.

You don't have an answer to whom were the "other sheep"? You avoid the question, as do all the other MADists. To date, I have never seen a MADist explain who the other sheep were.

FYI, years ago, when I was a dispy, I was debating heir about the other sheep. She was a MADist, I was an A2D. It was her failure, and all the other MADists on TOL to explain who the other sheep were, that led me down the path to Preterism.

Darby wasn't 100% wrong. Just wrong most of the time.

Yes, I put all you Darby Followers in the same boat. You guys have your subtle differences, but you all have the same false teaching foundation.

You are simply....a Darby Follower.

Nope.

And I have posted my view on the actual sense of John 10's "other sheep not of this fold."

Acts 17:11,12

john w

Hall of Fame
7 Darbys in one post.

The punk is a loser, cultist-cultists like Theodore Tet., since they are rejected by most of Christianity, and society, try to find "meaning" in their loser lives, by joining so called "elite" cults, like Preterism/AD 70-ism. The punk is obsessed with dispies, having man crushes on each one of us.

john w

Hall of Fame

Vs.

That's not my argument.
I have never said that dispensationalism was "wrong" because of how old it was. I specifically said that no one taught about Christ coming back twice before Darby did.

I never said it was wrong for how old it is.

My argument is that if there is not one single trace of something for 1,800+ years by anyone, then it was invented.

Theodore Craigie Tet.-the habitual two faced liar of TOL, due to his dispy addiction/obsession.

Cultist.