ECT MAD implies both Jesus and Paul are liars.

God's Truth

I spoke the truth. If the truth insults you, then change.
lol
You don't understand the verse, and that's why you continue making this same error over and over and over again. I can't let that error stand. The fact that you keep making these obvious errors proves you have no spiritual understanding.
It is easy to prove you wrong. Read what Paul says about people changing the gospel.

Correcting you is pointless because you are unteachable....refusing to listen and learn.
Tell me what you have learned from me.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I have no idea what your point is.
Every time you modalistic people show me a passage where sameness is indicated, I can produce passages showing distinction. Every time unit-Arians1 produce passages showing distinction, I can show passages that indicate sameness. Sameness, and distinction. The Trinity.

1 - Lon

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
All are Israel.
“You shall not remove your neighbor’s landmark, which the men of old have set, in your inheritance which you will inherit in the land that the Lord your God is giving you to possess. - Deuteronomy 19:14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy19:14&version=NKJV

‘Cursed is the one who moves his neighbor’s landmark.’ “And all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’ - Deuteronomy 27:17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy27:17&version=NKJV

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know. King David? Earlier? You're the one who said that the Prophets prophesied the Resurrection. And we both know that the Lord Jesus taught the Resurrection during His earthly ministry.
And you can't blame me. (Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV ; Ac4:33KJV Ro10:9KJV 1Co15:4KJV 2Ti2:8KJV).
I don't know what that means.

When did they "first begin" prophesying about the resurrection?

Who's resurrection?

You seem to be quite obsessed with the resurrection.

The restoration of the kingdom of Israel with Christ as King is still a GO for the future.

I wish you fellas would start a thread about this.
I have questions about it too. (Where was it first prophesied, is the valley of dry bones a resurrection, did anything in the law foreshadow resurrection, are tribulation saints resurrected for the millennium, etc.)
I've seen the topic skimmed over like it's being done in this thread, but it would be nice to have it's own study thread.

Danoh

The fact that Jerusalem was destroyed in 70AD just like Jesus said it would, really causes problems for your "age of grace" theory beginning with Paul, doesn't it?

The fact that Jerusalem was destroyed in seeming contradiction to Israel's promises of wrath followed by blessing, coupled with the fact of God's grace in the NT; together with the crisis of faith this seeming contradiction resulted in for the Preterist given his obvious incompetence in handling the Scripture aright really causes the Preterist major problems.

The Preterist entire illogic is like that of the child playing hide n' seek, sitting there on the sofa in broad day light, it's hands over it's eyes in it's conclusion that because it cannot see you, you cannot see it.

Time to "put away childish things" Tel.

In your case; long time :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The fact that Jerusalem was destroyed in seeming contradiction to Israel's promises of wrath followed by blessing

LOL...no contradiction, just Darby's false teachings getting in the way for you once again.

The destruction of the temple in 70AD marked the end of the ages, it marked the end of the Old Covenant for good.

There was never a promise of blessing after the destruction. It was the end of the ages.

The Apostle Paul understood it, because the Apostle Paul wasn't a Dispensationalist.

(1 Cor 10:11) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

So did the writer of Hebrews:

(Heb 9:26) Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

So did Peter:

(1 Peter 4:7) The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.

So did John:

(Rev 22:10) Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.

So did James:

(James 5:8) You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.

Ok Dano, go ahead and tell us how all these verses don't really mean what they say.

Danoh

LOL...no contradiction, just Darby's false teachings getting in the way for you once again.

The destruction of the temple in 70AD marked the end of the ages, it marked the end of the Old Covenant for good.

There was never a promise of blessing after the destruction. It was the end of the ages.

The Apostle Paul understood it, because the Apostle Paul wasn't a Dispensationalist.

(1 Cor 10:11) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

So did the writer of Hebrews:

(Heb 9:26) Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

So did Peter:

(1 Peter 4:7) The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.

So did John:

(Rev 22:10) Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.

So did James:

(James 5:8) You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.

Ok Dano, go ahead and tell us how all these verses don't really mean what they say.

Fact is that throughout the Scripture, passages like those are basically the issue of where one's focus is to be, no matter how long God's ever seeming delays...

The attitude of...

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

1 Thessalonians 3:3 That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.

But per your ever endless display of illogic in your equally ever endless incompetence, the so called Dispy had all things worked for him by Darby - whether or not Darby had solved for all things and whether or not anyone who studies a thing on one's own ever read anything by Darby or by anyone supposedly influenced by his writings.

Yours is dodge's exact same incompetence and misrepresentation, but with your version of his same ignorance: your Preterist spin.

From within this illogic of your kind, the Dispy opens the Scripture, sees something Darby may or may not have solved for; a thing he or she may not even be aware of what Darby's solving for may or may not have been, if he had actually solved for that to begin with, but concludes anyway that what they are seeing on their own does not fit Darby's supposed having solved for.

You are that incompetent.

That is why you hold the heresy that the Lord already returned.

Due to this fool illogic of yours: that what you read into another's conclusion had to have come from Darby, or whomever.

But as I have often had to note; addressing you on this incompetence of yours is ever a step down from the logic and reason of maturity, to the sandbox of children and their make believe as "real" sand castles - you're a real character, Tel, you really are - an incompetent one :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Fact is that throughout the Scripture, passages like those are basically the issue of where one's focus is to be, no matter how long God's ever seeming delays...

God made it clear to Daniel to seal his scroll until the time of the end.

God then made it clear to John NOT to seal his scroll because the time of the end was near.

Do the math Dano.

God's Truth

“You shall not remove your neighbor’s landmark, which the men of old have set, in your inheritance which you will inherit in the land that the Lord your God is giving you to possess. - Deuteronomy 19:14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy19:14&version=NKJV

‘Cursed is the one who moves his neighbor’s landmark.’ “And all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’ - Deuteronomy 27:17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy27:17&version=NKJV

You use scripture as the devil did in the desert.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You mean do your Preterist "math."

No, just do math.

Daniel was written circa 590BC.

John was written in the first century.

In 590BC, God said to seal up the scroll until the time of the end.

In the first century, God said not to seal up the scroll because the end was near.

Is was about 600 years from when Daniel was told to seal, and John was told not to seal.

It has been 1,900+ years since John was told not to seal.

So, according to your Dispensationalism, 1,900+ years is less than 600 years.

Dispensationalism is a mess !!!!

Danoh

No, just do math.

Daniel was written circa 590BC.

John was written in the first century.

In 590BC, God said to seal up the scroll until the time of the end.

In the first century, God said not to seal up the scroll because the end was near.

Is was about 600 years from when Daniel was told to seal, and John was told not to seal.

It has been 1,900+ years since John was told not to seal.

So, according to your Dispensationalism, 1,900+ years is less than 600 years.

Dispensationalism is a mess !!!!

Like I said; your Preterist math.

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. 12:5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river. 12:6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders? 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished. 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12:12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. 12:13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

So where's Daniel?

Still a speck of dust to this very day.

Matthew 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Acts 1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Yep, it was not for them (including John) to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

But said regeneration and restoration is...Daniel's end of days...