ECT MAD implies both Jesus and Paul are liars.

northwye

"Wow, wrong. "The remnant which accepted Christ Jesus were those from the house of Judah." The remnant is about Israel."

In Acts those of the physical bloodline are sometimes called Jews and sometimes called Israel.

Acts 2: "And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
5. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven..........10. Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,"

Acts 2: "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23. Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain..........Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ."

Look in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance for verses in which Jews are used and for verses in which Israel is used in Acts. You will find a large number of verses using Jews and a large number using Israel.

On the other hand, Judah appears a huge number of times in the Old Testament. Strong's shows only one use of Judah in the New Testament, and that is a quote of Jeremiah 31: 31-34.

Before arguing about whether the remnant of Israel or the remnant of Judah first accepted Christ, find out if the New Testament continues the separation of Judah from Israel.

And see if a remnant of Judah appears in the New Testament.

Isaiah 37:31 does say "And the remnant that is escaped of the house of Judah shall again take root downward, and bear fruit upward:"

I see no evidence, though, that the distinction between Israel and Judah is continued in the New Testament, except to quote Jeremiah 31 on the New Covenant being with Israel and Judah.

If Christian Zionism maintains the distinction between Israel and Judah, added to their distinction between Israel and the Church, and holds to a system of interpretation which is strictly of the letter, then believers in Christ who are not of the bloodline are not part of the New Covenant, for Christian Zionists.

God's Truth

"Wow, wrong. "The remnant which accepted Christ Jesus were those from the house of Judah." The remnant is about Israel."

In Acts those of the physical bloodline are sometimes called Jews and sometimes called Israel.

Acts 2: "And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
5. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven..........10. Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,"

Acts 2: "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23. Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain..........Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ."

Look in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance for verses in which Jews are used and for verses in which Israel is used in Acts. You will find a large number of verses using Jews and a large number using Israel.

On the other hand, Judah appears a huge number of times in the Old Testament. Strong's shows only one use of Judah in the New Testament, and that is a quote of Jeremiah 31: 31-34.

Before arguing about whether the remnant of Israel or the remnant of Judah first accepted Christ, find out if the New Testament continues the separation of Judah from Israel.

Isaiah 37:31 does say "And the remnant that is escaped of the house of Judah shall again take root downward, and bear fruit upward:"

I see no evidence, though, that the distinction between Israel and Judah is continued in the New Testament, except to quote Jeremiah 31 on the New Covenant being with Israel and Judah.

If Christian Zionism maintains the distinction between Israel and Judah, added to their distinction between Israel and the Church, and holds to a system of interpretation which is strictly of the letter, then believers in Christ who are not of the bloodline are not part of the New Covenant, for Christian Zionists.

I see no distinct either.

I must mention though, Mr. Strong is not a writer of the Bible and his opinions and false beliefs may be found in his books.

Danoh

Agreed.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I showed Nihilo that Jesus is the Holy Spirit. You should care to speak about that instead of insult.
What have I said. Sameness. Distinction. All throughout the Scripture, and particularly in the New Testament.

Matthew 3:16 (KJV)
Mark 1:10 (KJV)
Luke 3:22 (KJV)
John 1:32 (KJV)

Danoh

I see no distinct either.

I must mention though, Mr. Strong is not a writer of the Bible and his opinions and false beliefs may be found in his books.

northwye was not quoting anything Strong may or may not have said about that.

The "Concordance" part of Strong's Exhaustive Concordance is merely a listing of passages from Scripture wherein words that agree or concord with one another, are found...in Scripture.

All northwye asserted regarding that was "Look in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance for verses in which Jews are used and for verses in which Israel is used in Acts. You will find a large number of verses using Jews and a large number using Israel."

Of course, feel free to take how you will, one's having to point this out to you :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wow, wrong. "The remnant which accepted Christ Jesus were those from the house of Judah." The remnant is about Israel.

There were two remnants. One from each house.

Elijah was part of the remnant from the Northern Nation (the house of Israel), way back around 780BC.

In the first century, the believing Jews were part of a remnant from the house of Judah.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The distinction was until the cross.

The two houses were joined together by the shed blood of Christ Jesus on the cross, which implemented the New Covenant.

Jer 31 is quoted by NT writers. The reason being is that NT writers quoted OT prophecies to show that those OT prophecies had been fulfilled, or were in the process of being fulfilled.

glorydaz

I showed Nihilo that Jesus is the Holy Spirit. You should care to speak about that instead of insult.

I spoke the truth. If the truth insults you, then change.

You don't understand the verse, and that's why you continue making this same error over and over and over again. I can't let that error stand. The fact that you keep making these obvious errors proves you have no spiritual understanding.

Correcting you is pointless because you are unteachable....refusing to listen and learn.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
. . . was there at any point from the Prophets onward, some other plan that didn't involve the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus from the dead . . . ?

So you're clear now that Israelite's are not the only descendants of Abraham?

OK. I'm also clear that there is more than one Gospel in Sacred Scripture, besides the Good News that He is risen (Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV ; Ac4:33KJV Ro10:9KJV 1Co15:4KJV 2Ti2:8KJV).
I remain unclear as to whether there was any plan, from when the Prophets first began prophesying about the Resurrection onward, that did not involve the Resurrection.

Acts 1:6 (KJV) indicates that some people had some other plan in mind. Did this plan involve the Resurrection? How was this plan a valid plan, if it did not involve the Resurrection, since the Resurrection was prophesied of by the Prophets, and taught about by the Lord Jesus during His earthly ministry?

Right Divider

Body part
I remain unclear as to whether there was any plan, from when the Prophets first began prophesying about the Resurrection onward, that did not involve the Resurrection.
When did they "first begin" prophesying about the resurrection?

Who's resurrection?

Acts 1:6 (KJV) indicates that some people had some other plan in mind. Did this plan involve the Resurrection? How was this plan a valid plan, if it did not involve the Resurrection, since the Resurrection was prophesied of by the Prophets, and taught about by the Lord Jesus during His earthly ministry?
You seem to be quite obsessed with the resurrection.

The restoration of the kingdom of Israel with Christ as King is still a GO for the future.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Who's resurrection?

The restoration of the kingdom of Israel with Christ as King is still a GO for the future.

1 Cor. 15:17 is a little wink towards Nihilo

Ezekiel 37 is a wink to Right Divider and Nihilo

Our God is the only true God and indeed the God of all resurrection.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I don't know. King David? Earlier? You're the one who said that the Prophets prophesied the Resurrection. And we both know that the Lord Jesus taught the Resurrection during His earthly ministry.
Who's resurrection?

And you can't blame me. (Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV ; Ac4:33KJV Ro10:9KJV 1Co15:4KJV 2Ti2:8KJV).
I don't know what that means.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The distinction was until the cross.

The two houses were joined together by the shed blood of Christ Jesus on the cross, which implemented the New Covenant.

Jer 31 is quoted by NT writers. The reason being is that NT writers quoted OT prophecies to show that those OT prophecies had been fulfilled, or were in the process of being fulfilled.

Zechariah 14? Fulfilled?

I saw this and thought of you Tt

caution-tin-foil-hat-area-19232277.png

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I don't know. King David? Earlier? You're the one who said that the Prophets prophesied the Resurrection. And we both know that the Lord Jesus taught the Resurrection during His earthly ministry.
And you can't blame me. (Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV ; Ac4:33KJV Ro10:9KJV 1Co15:4KJV 2Ti2:8KJV).
I don't know what that means.

Zechariah 14:1, 2, 3, 4 and also 2 Sam. 7:10 are solid... as in Zechariah shows a 2nd coming of Christ that He Himself foretold and 2 Samuel shows that God will keep His promise to restore Jacobs people to Israel and grant them eternal peace from oppression. This hasn't happened yet. Ezekiel 37 is tremendous.

Acts 1:6, 7 is absolutely telling.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zechariah 14? Fulfilled?

Of course.

All of Zechariah was fulfilled by Christ Jesus.

Example:

(Zech 6:12-13) Tell him this is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Here is the man whose name is the Branch, and he will branch out from his place and build the temple of the Lord. 13 It is he who will build the temple of the Lord, and he will be clothed with majesty and will sit and rule on his throne. And he will be a priest on his throne. And there will be harmony between the two.’

The fulfillment:

(Eph 2:20-22) built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

Notice...."And he will be a priest on his throne"

Christ Jesus is both a priest and a king. That combo was not possible under the law of Moses. Only those from the tribe of Levi could be a priest, and only those from the tribe of Judah could be a king.

Zechariah 6 FULFILLED in Christ Jesus !!!!