LGBT History Month

Arthur Brain

Teach me. Where did the first living things come from in YOUR perfect and scientific theory of origins?

Well firstly, the origins of life is a separate topic from evolution. For the initial spark of life at the beginning, theories would be more akin to that of abiogenesis. You're capable of reading aren't you? Educate yourself and then you won't make embarrassing misconceptions on a subject you clearly know nothing about.

So we just have to accept you version of the nature of humankind? Got it.

You don't have to accept anything just as I don't have to accept your parameters for belief, no matter how critical they happen to be for you.

Everyone is heterosexual, some just CHOOSE to act otherwise.

Oh, stop being a dipstick. You've finally admitted that you're heterosexual and didn't choose it so you also know there is no "choosing" to find your own sex attractive. If you're gonna start this dopey rubbish as "argument" then it's back to the tired dishonesty on your part. LMOHM wasn't lying when he said he didn't choose to be homosexual and he is far more truthful than you.

You keep telling me "how it is" without any evidence. What else am I supposed to think?

Hey, think what you like dude, although with you there isn't really much thought in your arguments but rather ignorance and dogma.

Teach me.

Teach yourself. Nobody's here to be your science teacher so either get informed or don't.

Right Divider

Body part
Well firstly, the origins of life is a separate topic from evolution. For the initial spark of life at the beginning, theories would be more akin to that of abiogenesis. You're capable of reading aren't you? Educate yourself and then you won't make embarrassing misconceptions on a subject you clearly know nothing about.
Once again, I'm fully aware of these things.

Point being: WHERE DO YOU THINK THAT HUMANS COME FROM?

This has everything to do with the NATURE of humans. You seems to have some strange notion of the NATURE of humans based on who knows what, since you will not make it known what you think.

You don't have to accept anything just as I don't have to accept your parameters for belief, no matter how critical they happen to be for you.
Well there we go. Nobody knows the nature of mankind, but you know somehow.

Oh, stop being a dipstick. You've finally admitted that you're heterosexual and didn't choose it so you also know there is no "choosing" to find your own sex attractive. If you're gonna start this dopey rubbish as "argument" then it's back to the tired dishonesty on your part. LMOHM wasn't lying when he said he didn't choose to be homosexual and he is far more truthful than you.
Once again your evidence is missing and you're just ranting about your vague opinions.

Hey, think what you like dude, although with you there isn't really much thought in your arguments but rather ignorance and dogma.
It's funny that you cannot see that YOU are at least as dogmatic as I am. What a hypocrite!

Teach yourself. Nobody's here to be your science teacher so either get informed or don't.
So you don't know? Thanks for nothing.

Right Divider

Body part
I could recommend any number scholarly books and research articles on the topic...but let's be honest, you would never read any of them.
Oh, so now you're a mind reader?

I'm already quite familiar with the ongoing debate about human origins.

And you lied when you pretended AB said something he did not.
AB was trying his best to CONFUSE the issue by bringing up birth defects when we were discussing the nature of human sexuality. Get over it.

Arthur Brain

Once again, I'm fully aware of these things.

Point being: WHERE DO YOU THINK THAT HUMANS COME FROM?

This has everything to do with the NATURE of humans. You seems to have some strange notion of the NATURE of humans based on who knows what, since you will not make it known what you think.

If you were informed then you wouldn't have said anything so dumb as evolution being 'an organism crawling out of a pile of poop'. I've told you my position and I ain't going further on it. Don't like it, not my problem.

Well there we go. Nobody knows the nature of mankind, but you know somehow.

Nope, didn't say any of that.

Once again your evidence is missing and you're just ranting about your vague opinions.

Nope, the honest know that attractions and feelings aren't chosen. LMOHM qualified on that score. You don't.

It's funny that you cannot see that YOU are at least as dogmatic as I am. What a hypocrite!

Er, nope. I'm not bound by any sort of dogma doofus. Being honest about having no control over attractions isn't some belief, it's fact. What you "think" is irrelevant.

So you don't know? Thanks for nothing.

Once again, didn't say that. Nobody is here to teach you about science. Educate yourself or don't. I'm not bothered.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

AB was trying his best to CONFUSE the issue by bringing up birth defects when we were discussing the nature of human sexuality. Get over it.

Well, no, he wasn't but you carry on with that line if it suits kid.

Right Divider

Body part
If you were informed then you wouldn't have said anything so dumb as evolution being 'an organism crawling out of a pile of poop'. I've told you my position and I ain't going further on it. Don't like it, not my problem.
I don't recall you making any clear statement on that. I guess it would far to difficult to repeat.

Nope, didn't say any of that.
You made the claim that, and I'm paraphrasing, "that's just the way some people are". I see that as your opinion, since you provide no evidence whatsoever.

Nope, the honest know that attractions and feelings aren't chosen. LMOHM qualified on that score. You don't.
Your opinions are very popular with you.

Er, nope. I'm not bound by any sort of dogma doofus. Being honest about having no control over attractions isn't some belief, it's fact. What you "think" is irrelevant.
Blind and opinionated. That's a great combination.

Once again, didn't say that. Nobody is here to teach you about science. Educate yourself or don't. I'm not bothered.
I have studied science my whole life and am plenty knowledgeable on the topic. Your opinionated condemnation without facts does not mean a thing.

MrDante

Yet you demonstrate a complete lack of knowledge of evolution

and you put false words in his mouth. You have never retracted your lie nor apologized for what you did.

Right Divider

Body part
Yet you demonstrate a complete lack of knowledge of evolution
The "theory of evolution" morphs minute by minute.

If you'd like to provide what you think is come unequivocal and indisputable evidence for your "version", I'd be glad to take a look at it.

and you put false words in his mouth. You have never retracted your lie nor apologized for what you did.
Please post BOTH of our posts IN CONTEXT and I will review.

Arthur Brain

I don't recall you making any clear statement on that. I guess it would far to difficult to repeat.

Well, best go back and reread then cos I ain't repeating it, nor am I interested in this tired little sidebar of yours.

You made the claim that, and I'm paraphrasing, "that's just the way some people are". I see that as your opinion, since you provide no evidence whatsoever.

Which they are, just like some people are born with both sets of genitalia.

Your opinions are very popular with you.

And shared by all those who are honest and sane. You don't have control over your attractions and feelings dude and you know this as well as the next person. How you act on and deal with them is another thing entirely but then you already know this.

Blind and opinionated. That's a great combination.

No, it isn't so you should stop doing that. Look dude, the only people who are so invested in homosexuality being a choice are religious cranks and zealots. You yourself (finally) admitted that you're heterosexual and that you had no choice in it. Therefore you are exclusively attracted to the opposite sex else the term is redundant.

Now, there'll have been some times in your life where you'll have seen a woman that was physically attractive to you and you'll have been struck by her beauty. You'll have had no choice in that whatsoever, no time to formulate the reasons why or anything. The only choices you'll have had would be whether to act on such or not. If you're honest you'll concede this, if you're not you won't and will once again reduce this to 'opinion', in which case I'm not interested in going any further because you're a liar. People like LMOHM, who admitted his homosexuality are people who I have respect for because of his candid honesty and given his faith he would hardly be likely to choose such feelings that he couldn't act upon. If you want to continue to act like a kid then you knock yourself out but there is no credence to your position at all and what's more, you know it.

I have studied science my whole life and am plenty knowledgeable on the topic. Your opinionated condemnation without facts does not mean a thing.

Er, no you aren't otherwise you'd have never described evolution as an organism crawling out of a pile of poop or made the basic error of conflating evolution with the actual origin of life itself. You need to get some better books...

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

I guess that YOU think that this was something that MD could actually KNOW.

Your Brain is scrambled, Arthur.

I was actually referring to myself as 'he' in regards to your post which I thought was kinda obvious. Sorry it wasn't. Maybe I shoulda put "he" in inverted commas just so you'd be clear...

Right Divider

Body part
Well, best go back and reread then cos I ain't repeating it, nor am I interested in this tired little sidebar of yours.
:dog:
Which they are, just like some people are born with both sets of genitalia.
So you're going to continue to compare genetic birth defects with "sexual orientation"? So you think that "sexual orientation" is genetic?

And shared by all those who are honest and sane.
In YOUR opinion!

You don't have control over your attractions and feelings dude and you know this as well as the next person. How you act on and deal with them is another thing entirely but then you already know this.
It's just a roll of the dice?

No, it isn't so you should stop doing that. Look dude, the only people who are so invested in homosexuality being a choice are religious cranks and zealots. You yourself (finally) admitted that you're heterosexual and that you had no choice in it. Therefore you are exclusively attracted to the opposite sex else the term is redundant.
You don't know where this predetermination comes from and yet you're still going to ram it down our throats. You're the religious crank.

Now, there'll have been some times in your life where you'll have seen a woman that was physically attractive to you and you'll have been struck by her beauty. You'll have had no choice in that whatsoever, no time to formulate the reasons why or anything. The only choices you'll have had would be whether to act on such or not. If you're honest you'll concede this, if you're not you won't and will once again reduce this to 'opinion', in which case I'm not interested in going any further because you're a liar. People like LMOHM, who admitted his homosexuality are people who I have respect for because of his candid honesty and given his faith he would hardly be likely to choose such feelings that he couldn't act upon. If you want to continue to act like a kid then you knock yourself out but there is no credence to your position at all and what's more, you know it.
:juggle:

Er, no you aren't otherwise you'd have never described evolution as an organism crawling out of a pile of poop or made the basic error of conflating evolution with the actual origin of life itself. You need to get some better books...
I was expressing the "prevailing" opinion of the "general evolutionary crowd" when I made that statement with tongue in cheek.
I'm well aware that "evolution" in the SCIENTIFICALLY OBSERVABLE sense is NOT directly related to the actual origin of life itself.

Arthur Brain

:rain:

So you're going to continue to compare genetic birth defects with "sexual orientation"? So you think that "sexual orientation" is genetic?

It sure ain't chosen.

In YOUR opinion!

Well, no, it's obvious to anyone honest that attractions aren't a conscious choice but you've proven yourself not to qualify on that score as it is.

It's just a roll of the dice?

Seems to be the case for who gets to be born healthy and those born with cancers and defects so what's your problem if folk are born with a homosexual orientation? It's okay for people to be born with terminal disease and yet a same sex attraction offends your religious sensibilities?

You don't know where this predetermination comes from and yet you're still going to ram it down our throats. You're the religious crank.

Pfft, nobody's 'ramming anything down your throat' ya silly crank. Carry on believing as you will.

It's no surprise you wouldn't address any of that...that would require honesty on your part.

I was expressing the "prevailing" opinion of the "general evolutionary crowd" when I made that statement with tongue in cheek.
I'm well aware that "evolution" in the SCIENTIFICALLY OBSERVABLE sense is NOT directly related to the actual origin of life itself.

Um, in which case you were only expressing your own uneducated opinion still...

Right Divider

Body part
:rain:

It sure ain't chosen.
So why do you keep bringing it up?

Well, no, it's obvious to anyone honest that attractions aren't a conscious choice but you've proven yourself not to qualify on that score as it is.
More opinions.

Seems to be the case for who gets to be born healthy and those born with cancers and defects so what's your problem if folk are born with a homosexual orientation? It's okay for people to be born with terminal disease and yet a same sex attraction offends your religious sensibilities?
Why do you keep trying to compare things that are different? Never mind, I know.

Pfft, nobody's 'ramming anything down your throat' ya silly crank. Carry on believing as you will.
Thanks, I will.

It's no surprise you wouldn't address any of that...that would require honesty on your part.

Um, in which case you were only expressing your own uneducated opinion still...
:rotfl:

Arthur Brain

So why do you keep bringing it up?

More opinions.

Why do you keep trying to compare things that are different? Never mind, I know.

Thanks, I will.

:rotfl:

Hey, kid, not interested in your bonkers little garbage anymore. You know fine well that your attractions aren't chosen and I ain't interested in bandying back and forth with someone who deliberately lies on the same.

Right Divider

Body part
Hey, kid, not interested in your bonkers little garbage anymore. You know fine well that your attractions aren't chosen and I ain't interested in bandying back and forth with someone who deliberately lies on the same.
Here some things that I know "fine well".
  • You have no actual justification for your pet theory that "various different sexual attractions" are something that people are born with based on some sort of random selection.
  • You keep bringing up genetic birth detects in a vain attempt to justify your pet theory.
  • You consistently dismiss the fact that God created one man and one woman from the beginning of creation.
  • You seem to reject the idea that there in any reason for God creating the one man and one woman.
  • You insist that your opinion must be taken as fact by everyone else.
  • You often use the animal kingdom in some sort of vain attempt to justify perverse human sexuality (apparently believing that there is no difference between humans and the rest of the animal kingdom).
  • You insist that your religious zealotry is somehow the superior form of "knowledge", once again without justification.
  • The list goes on and on.

Arthur Brain

Here some things that I know "fine well".
  • You have no actual justification for your pet theory that "various different sexual attractions" are something that people are born with based on some sort of random selection.
  • You keep bringing up genetic birth detects in a vain attempt to justify your pet theory.
  • You consistently dismiss the fact that God created one man and one woman from the beginning of creation.
  • You seem to reject the idea that there in any reason for God creating the one man and one woman.
  • You insist that your opinion must be taken as fact by everyone else.
  • You often use the animal kingdom in some sort of vain attempt to justify perverse human sexuality (apparently believing that there is no difference between humans and the rest of the animal kingdom).
  • You insist that your religious zealotry is somehow the superior form of "knowledge", once again without justification.
  • The list goes on and on.

Dude, you were finally honest when you acknowledged that your orientation was not borne of choice. It took you a torturous amount of time to admit the obvious but at least you eventually did. You know darn well that you had no choice in those times you've been attracted to someone and I've no interest in wasting time with some zealot who has to deflect with dishonesty to fit in with their own dogmatic belief system. You're only lying to yourself ultimately dude and that in itself is sad. You can choose how you act on an attraction sure, not the attraction itself. Trying to project some religious zealotry onto me is a pretty lame tactic and it's actual flat out lying on your part. Crack on with it if ya want but hey, why would you do that?