LGBT History Month

Right Divider

Body part
Dude, you were finally honest when you acknowledged that your orientation was not borne of choice. It took you a torturous amount of time to admit the obvious but at least you eventually did. You know darn well that you had no choice in those times you've been attracted to someone and I've no interest in wasting time with some zealot who has to deflect with dishonesty to fit in with their own dogmatic belief system. You're only lying to yourself ultimately dude and that in itself is sad. You can choose how you act on an attraction sure, not the attraction itself. Trying to project some religious zealotry onto me is a pretty lame tactic and it's actual flat out lying on your part. Crack on with it if ya want but hey, why would you do that?
Everyone is heterosexual by nature. I did admit that.

Arthur Brain

Everyone is heterosexual by nature. I did admit that.

Well, you admitted that you had no choice in your heterosexual nature. Look, give it up dude. It took you 4 years to admit you had no say in your own orientation and if you're straight then you only have attractions to the opposite sex else the terms completely redundant. You wanna bang on about how homosexuality is a "choice" then you just go ahead. Bored...

Grip Docility

Is the modern homosexual the equivalent of John 8:11? I only ask because sin is sin. That is never a point of contention. Did Jesus provide a way for us to respond to sinners with compassion and did Jesus respond to sinners with compassion?

Right Divider

Body part
Well, you admitted that you had no choice in your heterosexual nature.
Nobody has a "choice". Everyone is heterosexual by nature.

Look, give it up dude. It took you 4 years to admit you had no say in your own orientation and if you're straight then you only have attractions to the opposite sex else the terms completely redundant.
4 years? We only started discussing this a couple of weeks ago.

You wanna bang on about how homosexuality is a "choice" then you just go ahead. Bored...
Homosexuality is a choice to oppose the nature that everyone already has. This is why God condemns it as unnatural.

Look, give it up dude.

Arthur Brain

Nobody has a "choice". Everyone is heterosexual by nature.

In which case homosexuality ain't an option then, is it?

4 years? We only started discussing this a couple of weeks ago.

Did we really? Wow, it almost feels like 208 weeks...

:plain:

Homosexuality is a choice to oppose the nature that everyone already has. This is why God condemns it as unnatural.

Look, give it up dude.

Yeh, if you're straight dude ya know fine well which way your 'bread is buttered' and there ain't no choice in it and there's no being attracted to the same sex. If you're finding yourself having attractions to your own gender then you ain't heterosexual and nor are you choosing them either.

Right Divider

Body part
In which case homosexuality ain't an option then, is it?
And yet many people deny their own nature and pursue perversion.

Did we really? Wow, it almost feels like 208 weeks...

:plain:
That probably goes along with your general problems with perception.

Yeh, if you're straight dude ya know fine well which way your 'bread is buttered' and there ain't no choice in it and there's no being attracted to the same sex. If you're finding yourself having attractions to your own gender then you ain't heterosexual and nor are you choosing them either.
Oh... back to your opinion again.

Do you think that God is wrong for condemning people for acting "just the way that they were randomly made"?

Grip Docility

I don’t know if homosexual behavior is a choice, condition or result of life influence. I do know I am a man and I am not physically aroused by other men. I do know that the idea of other men being sexually intimate makes my stomach turn.

If a group of people tried to get me to spend intimate time with a man, because I’m not open minded enough, I would be horrified and seek to find an automatic weapon!

I can only believe that a man that likes men, feels the same way about being forced to be with a woman.

Unless, the people arguing that homosexuality is a choice, and are men would like to explain to us how they see no issue in their biological makeup with pleasuring another man or being pleasured by another man, I have to admit homosexuality is more than waking up one day and saying, “hey buddy, I’ve got an idea”.

Call me homophobic, but the idea that I might throw a hotdog in with my usual pie intake, sort of runs me the wrong way.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Unless one is to assume from the Scripture below that God somehow altered DNA or some other biological element, it seems to me choice is the only possible answer to such perversions:

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God

AMR

Grip Docility

Unless one is to assume from the Scripture below that God somehow altered DNA or some other biological element, it seems to me choice is the only possible answer to such perversions:

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God

AMR

Okay, this is interesting. Your name is Mr. so I think you’ll follow this next question, if Gay is a choice as choice goes, does this mean you see yourself easily sexually responsive to a man in the same way you are responsive to a woman?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay, this is interesting. Your name is Mr. so I think you’ll follow this next question, if Gay is a choice as choice goes, does this mean you see yourself easily sexually responsive to a man in the same way you are responsive to a woman?

The freedom of our wills is implicitly defined in Scripture as choosing according to our greatest inclinations at the moment we so choose. This is not the so-called libertarian free will claimed by not a few. Our inclinations spring forth from our nature. All those in Adam can only sin more or sin less. They cannot not sin. Only those born anew (Eze. 36:26) can sin or not sin. Our nature is restored to something close to the upright nature Adam possessed before his sin.

As a regenerated (born anew) believer, I have choices per my inclinations. Could I choose to pursue homosexuality? No, for it is God who is working within me to will and to do. I am just not inclined to choose the path you speculate about. My born anew inclinations are for the good, the glory of God. Will I stumble in my walk of faith? Of course, but I will never be inclined towards such grievous sin.

AMR

Arthur Brain

The freedom of our wills is implicitly defined in Scripture as choosing according to our greatest inclinations at the moment we so choose. This is not the so-called libertarian free will claimed by not a few. Our inclinations spring forth from our nature. All those in Adam can only sin more or sin less. They cannot not sin. Only those born anew (Eze. 36:26) can sin or not sin. Our nature is restored to something close to the upright nature Adam possessed before his sin.

As a regenerated (born anew) believer, I have choices per my inclinations. Could I choose to pursue homosexuality? No, for it is God who is working within me to will and to do. I am just not inclined to choose the path you speculate about. My born anew inclinations are for the good, the glory of God. Will I stumble in my walk of faith? Of course, but I will never be inclined towards such grievous sin.

AMR

Or, you're just a heterosexual guy who couldn't 'choose' such anyway.

Arthur Brain

And yet many people deny their own nature and pursue perversion.

Nah, if you're straight you're only interested in the opposite sex. You might be open to such outlandish things as sex out of wedlock but you're still only interested or attracted to the opposite sex.

That probably goes along with your general problems with perception.

Half past seven.

Oh... back to your opinion again.

Do you think that God is wrong for condemning people for acting "just the way that they were randomly made"?

Eh, I'm past caring what you 'think' dude. You're the one who has the issues going on here. I know where my attractions lie and they be with the fairer sex.

:e4e:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Insert sexually attracted to children in place of gay.

Then explain how that would be ok, and not a perversion of Gods intent for a man and woman.

If you say one is sick, who are you to judge what people are attracted to?

see how bad that argument is? Attraction doesnt = ok.

One chooses or not to act on their attractions, reigning them in, or going with them, thats a choice one makes.

Grip Docility

Insert sexually attracted to children in place of gay.

Then explain how that would be ok, and not a perversion of Gods intent for a man and woman.

If you say one is sick, who are you to judge what people are attracted to?

see how bad that argument is? Attraction doesnt = ok.

One chooses or not to act on their attractions, reigning them in, or going with them, thats a choice one makes.

How many laws are there in Moses?