LGBT History Month

Right Divider

Body part
Or, instead of acting like a completely presumptive tool, you could answer honestly as to how you're apparently in complete control of your own attractions and feelings and how it is that you 'reason' that people suffering from bereavement are "choosing" to feel such pain of loss.

But you won't touch any of that with a barge pole will you?

There's a steaming pile around here alright.

:plain:
Since you will provide no basis for you opinion that everything just "is what it is", there is no way to actually discuss the nature of mankind with you.

So are you an atheist that is just hiding your real beliefs? Or are you some kind of self-made theist?

Without a starting point, there is no point.

Arthur Brain

Since you will provide no basis for you opinion that everything just "is what it is", there is no way to actually discuss the nature of mankind with you.

So are you an atheist that is just hiding your real beliefs? Or are you some kind of self-made theist?

Without a starting point, there is no point.

No, I ain't an atheist and until you answer the points previous then I ain't interested and I explained why. Your call, though how you can possibly say that people who have lost loved ones are "choosing" to feel pain and loss without explanation marks you as the arrogant one here dude, not to mention callous.

Right Divider

Body part
No, I ain't an atheist and until you answer the points previous then I ain't interested and I explained why. Your call, though how you can possibly say that people who have lost loved ones are "choosing" to feel pain and loss without explanation marks you as the arrogant one here dude, not to mention callous.
I was never trying to say what you think that I meant, but it has been entertaining to hear you rant on and on and on and on.... about it.

God gave us emotions that we chose to act on to different levels. I was NOT saying that people are blank slates of choice.

God also designed the woman for the man and the man for the woman. Too bad your disagreement is with God.

Arthur Brain

I was never trying to say what you think that I meant, but it has been entertaining to hear you rant on and on and on and on.... about it.

Man, I don't even think you know what you mean on here and you've gotta strange idea of what a rant resembles. You're the one who said people "choose" to grieve so what, exactly did you apparently mean by that?

:AMR:

God gave us emotions that we chose to act on to different levels. I was NOT saying that people are blank slates of choice.

Right, so there are things out of our control, such as falling in love etc but there is choice involved in how to act on such. See, that's a position I'd have little issue with but it hasn't been yours.

God also designed the woman for the man and the man for the woman. Too bad your disagreement is with God.

Not really, I don't have a hangup with homosexuality is all and just aren't so blinkered by fundamentalism for it to be an issue. Given that it occurs in nature then how did that come about?

Right Divider

Body part
Not really, I don't have a hangup with homosexuality is all and just aren't so blinkered by fundamentalism for it to be an issue. Given that it occurs in nature then how did that come about?
So, ONCE AGAIN, you do not believe that God created the woman for the man and the man for the woman. In other words, you're humanist materialist that denies that God has anything to do with anything. I can see that unorthodox fits you very well. You also, pretty much, agree with atheists. Can you not see why I thought that you were one?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Indeed ... though to admit such would be the same as conceding the FACT thatactual attraction and love cannot be controlled. The only control is the choice to *act* on the feelings.This is what separates we mere mortals from bots.

Right Divider

Body part
Indeed ... though to admit such would be the same as conceding the FACT thatactual attraction and love cannot be controlled. The only control is the choice to *act* on the feelings.This is what separates we mere mortals from bots.
So you think that God gives some people attractions that go against His Word? Figures.

Arthur Brain

So, ONCE AGAIN, you do not believe that God created the woman for the man and the man for the woman. In other words, you're humanist materialist that denies that God has anything to do with anything. I can see that unorthodox fits you very well. You also, pretty much, agree with atheists. Can you not see why I thought that you were one?

I can imagine for you that anyone who doesn't veer to the far far right and has a fundamentalist belief system probably sounds like an "atheist" or "humanist" or whatever. It's a silly leap to make as there's plenty who believe in God who wouldn't go along with what you happen to believe. I'm guessing for you that evolution is a complete no-no as well?

So you think that God gives some people attractions that go against His Word? Figures.

She's simply being honest about that which everyone happens to know if they were to be honest about it, that attractions and feelings aren't chosen but there is choice involved in how to act on them. There was a well respected person on here called LMOHM who had a fundamentalist belief but also struggled with same sex attractions and was honest about it. He made the choice not to act on them but he didn't have a say in those attractions themselves. He showed a lot more honesty around here than you have on this subject and considering that homosexuality occurs in nature then it's hardly a singular phenomenon among humans.

Arthur Brain

Yep.

:thumb:

Right Divider

Body part
I can imagine for you that anyone who doesn't veer to the far far right and has a fundamentalist belief system probably sounds like an "atheist" or "humanist" or whatever. It's a silly leap to make as there's plenty who believe in God who wouldn't go along with what you happen to believe. I'm guessing for you that evolution is a complete no-no as well?
You can ramble on all day long about your opinions about the nature of man, but you clearly oppose God and His Word.

The fact that you need to ask "which translation" shows that you believe that there no such thing as the Word of God and that you are instead going by your own vain opinions.

She's simply being honest about that which everyone happens to know if they were to be honest about it, that attractions and feelings aren't chosen but there is choice involved in how to act on them. There was a well respected person on here called LMOHM who had a fundamentalist belief but also struggled with same sex attractions and was honest about it. He made the choice not to act on them but he didn't have a say in those attractions themselves. He showed a lot more honesty around here than you have on this subject and considering that homosexuality occurs in nature then it's hardly a singular phenomenon among humans.
"Nature" is just your attempted distraction from the fact that God created man and woman in the beginning. I'm not following your "nature" rabbit trail because it is completely irrelevant and just your attempt to skirt the issue.

God's Word says that homosexuality is a perversion of His created order, but you just keeping using your vain "knowledge" to "prove" otherwise. Sorry to tell you that God is the authority and not you.

Arthur Brain

You can ramble on all day long about your opinions about the nature of man, but you clearly oppose God and His Word.

The fact that you need to ask "which translation" shows that you believe that there no such thing as the Word of God and that you are instead going by your own vain opinions.

"Nature" is just your attempted distraction from the fact that God created man and woman in the beginning. I'm not following your "nature" rabbit trail because it is completely irrelevant and just your attempt to skirt the issue.

God's Word says that homosexuality is a perversion of His created order, but you just keeping using your vain "knowledge" to "prove" otherwise. Sorry to tell you that God is the authority and not you.

And you can prattle on all day with your typical fundamentalist rhetoric and predictable deflections. The facts are that attractions and feelings are not chosen and only the dishonest or cranks would deny this, also that homosexuality occurs in nature which is not a big deal as far as I'm concerned but it does pose a problem for your blinkered beliefs.

Right Divider

Body part
And you can prattle on all day with your typical fundamentalist rhetoric and predictable deflections. The facts are that attractions and feelings are not chosen and only the dishonest or cranks would deny this, also that homosexuality occurs in nature which is not a big deal as far as I'm concerned but it does pose a problem for your blinkered beliefs.
Back to "Arthur Brain is god" again. So boring.

Arthur Brain

Back to "Arthur Brain is god" again. So boring.

That you certainly are dude...

For all of our differences I had a lot of respect for LMOHM as he was always honest and considered in his exchanges unlike you. I'd take his word over yours any day of the darned week and he was honest enough to concede he had no choice over his attractions. If you had any integrity about you you'd acknowledge the same.

Right Divider

Body part
That you certainly are dude...

For all of our differences I had a lot of respect for LMOHM as he was always honest and considered in his exchanges unlike you. I'd take his word over yours any day of the darned week and he was honest enough to concede he had no choice over his attractions. If you had any integrity about you you'd acknowledge the same.
Your opinions are based on nothing but your opinions.

Please teach me about God.

Arthur Brain

You're no help. Teach about God.

So you going to stick with the story that God created some people with an attraction that God says is evil?

I'm not aware where the bible says that the attraction itself is evil? Even most fundamentalists here only have an issue where it comes to homosexual acts, not people who have same sex attractions and don't act on them, like LMOHM. Of course he was honest enough to acknowledge that the attraction itself wasn't a choice.

Right Divider

Body part
I'm not aware where the bible says that the attraction itself is evil? Even most fundamentalists here only have an issue where it comes to homosexual acts, not people who have same sex attractions and don't act on them, like LMOHM. Of course he was honest enough to acknowledge that the attraction itself wasn't a choice.
Please show me where God creates people with attractions that are against His will.

I'll wait....

Arthur Brain

Please show me where God creates people with attractions that are against His will.

I'll wait....

The way you've repeatedly dodged and danced around as to whether you've chosen your own or not I suspect you're struggling with some yourself. Else, the bible doesn't say anything about attraction being evil that I'm aware of.

Right Divider

Body part
The way you've repeatedly dodged and danced around as to whether you've chosen your own or not I suspect you're struggling with some yourself. Else, the bible doesn't say anything about attraction being evil that I'm aware of.
The Bible also does not say anything about God giving some people attractions that are opposed to what God says about sexuality.

Do you think that God did not create one man and one woman in the beginning?

Did God decide to test some people and not others in this regard?