LGBT History Month

Arthur Brain

The Bible also does not say anything about God giving some people attractions that are opposed to what God says about sexuality.

Well, people have those unchosen attractions whether they to choose to act on them or not. Even your far right brethren don't have an issue where it comes to homosexuals being celibate for the most part.

Do you think that God did not create one man and one woman in the beginning?

I don't take Genesis literally.

Did God decide to test some people and not others in this regard?

Who knows? That's what some Christians have voiced on here although it's not something I necessarily go along with. The fact remains that those attractions haven't been chosen as LMOHM was honest enough to concede.

Did you choose to have heterosexual attractions?

Right Divider

Body part
Well, people have those unchosen attractions whether they to choose to act on them or not. Even your far right brethren don't have an issue where it comes to homosexuals being celibate for the most part.
I'm not "far right" but thanks for demonstrating your total confusion.

I don't take Genesis literally.
Of course you don't. You don't take any of the Bible literally. That would cramp your style.

How about this?

Mark 10:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:6) But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

Do doubt you don't believe Jesus either.

Who knows? That's what some Christians have voiced on here although it's not something I necessarily go along with. The fact remains that those attractions haven't been chosen as LMOHM was honest enough to concede.

Did you choose to have heterosexual attractions?
I didn't have to choose. God made everyone that way.

Arthur Brain

I'm not "far right" but thanks for demonstrating your total confusion.

There's no need to project onto me. :)

Of course you don't. You don't take any of the Bible literally. That would cramp your style.

Hmm, mind reader are you? There's good reason to see allegory in the creation account. The language, poetic narrative, metaphor etc.

How about this?

Mark 10:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:6) But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

What about it? Most species are male and female.

Do doubt you don't believe Jesus either.

What?

I didn't have to choose. God made everyone that way.

So, people have told you that they're heterosexual, had no choice in it and you banged on about how that was simply opinion and now you're (finally) conceding that you have no choice in your own?! You're priceless dude...

:chuckle:

Now, your last bit, that's an opinion.

:)

Right Divider

Body part
There's no need to project onto me. :)
My apology.

Hmm, mind reader are you? There's good reason to see allegory in the creation account. The language, poetic narrative, metaphor etc.
I'm able to understand those things. There is no "allegory" to the ordering of the days of creation. They just cannot agree with your evolutionary beliefs.

What about it? Most species are male and female.
He was not talking about "most species". He was specifically talking about humans.

Mark 10:5-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:5) And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. (10:6) But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. (10:7) For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; (10:8) And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. (10:9) What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Sorry for the TYPO.

No doubt you don't believe Jesus either.

Arthur Brain

I'm able to understand those things. There is no "allegory" to the ordering of the days of creation. They just cannot agree with your evolutionary beliefs.

For you there isn't and if you're beholden to young earth creationism through a literal reading then obviously you can't accept established science that shows the universe to be a lot older than what you believe it to be. Plenty of Christians have no cognitive dissonance in accepting evolution and an old earth with their theistic beliefs.

He was not talking about "most species". He was specifically talking about humans.

Mark 10:5-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:5) And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. (10:6) But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. (10:7) For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; (10:8) And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. (10:9) What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

And again, for the most part this is true although does anyone choose to be a hermaphrodite? :think:

Oh, and not everybody gets married or are called to. In fact if I recall correctly, Paul didn't seem to be that much in favour of it unless people were burning with passion.

Sorry for the TYPO.

No doubt you don't believe Jesus either.

Thanks for your opinion. :)

Right Divider

Body part
For you there isn't and if you're beholden to young earth creationism through a literal reading then obviously you can't accept established science that shows the universe to be a lot older than what you believe it to be. Plenty of Christians have no cognitive dissonance in accepting evolution and an old earth with their theistic beliefs.
Funny stuff. I don't care how old the earth is. The Bible is from the One that knows what happened. The wild speculation from primarily atheistic "scientists" have fooled some, but I'm not one of them.

And again, for the most part this is true although does anyone choose to be a hermaphrodite? :think:
Once again you resort to CATEGORY changes in an attempt to confuse the issue. Birth defects are an abnormal problem caused by a fallen creation. They are nothing to do with God creating ONE man and ONE woman in the beginning.

Oh, and not everybody gets married or are called to. In fact if I recall correctly, Paul didn't seem to be that much in favour of it unless people were burning with passion.
Oh, now you want to use the Bible (that you do not understand). You're a hoot!

Thanks for your opinion. :)
You're welcome.

Arthur Brain

Funny stuff. I don't care how old the earth is. The Bible is from the One that knows what happened. The wild speculation from primarily atheistic "scientists" have fooled some, but I'm not one of them.

Well, if you don't care then why have what seems to be a hang up with evolution? To call established scientific theory "wild speculation" just shows a complete ignorance as to how the scientific process actually works.
Once again, plenty of Christians have no cognitive dissonance with science and faith, just those limited by their own doctrinal beliefs.

Once again you resort to CATEGORY changes in an attempt to confuse the issue. Birth defects are an abnormal problem caused by a fallen creation. They are nothing to do with God creating ONE man and ONE woman in the beginning.

Ah, I was wondering how long it would be before you brought 'the fall' into this. Hermaphrodites are born with both sets of genitalia so your argument that everyone is created male and female falls flat. Why would people being born with a homosexual orientation be such a no-no but Downs Syndrome, cancer and hermaphrodites etc be an acceptable consequence of this 'fall' for you?

Oh, now you want to use the Bible (that you do not understand). You're a hoot!

And you're very predictable in the deflections. Don't fool yourself kid, you're not a scholar by any stretch.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Well, if you don't care then why have what seems to be a hang up with evolution? To call established scientific theory "wild speculation" just shows a complete ignorance as to how the scientific process actually works.
Once again, plenty of Christians have no cognitive dissonance with science and faith, just those limited by their own doctrinal beliefs.
Because the silly idea that a single organism crawled out of a pile of poop is unscientific and ridiculous. The fact that plenty of Christians fall for this lie is no sign that it has any validity. Go ahead and use this fallacious reasoning, it's typical of an evolutionist.

Ah, I was wondering how long it would be before you brought 'the fall' into this. Hermaphrodites are born with both sets of genitalia so your argument that everyone is created male and female falls flat.
What a silly numb-skull you are. I did NOT says that "everyone is created male and female", I said that God created ONE man and ONE woman in the beginning. What has happened since has definitely been affected by "the fall". You just continue to make it clear that you are NOT a "Christian", but someone that simply (perhaps) poses as one. And since you continue to hide your world view, who knows that gibberish you'll be spouting next?

Why would people being born with a homosexual orientation be such a no-no but Downs Syndrome, cancer and hermaphrodites etc be an acceptable consequence of this 'fall' for you?
Why do you continue attempt to use abnormalities to support your position? Because your position so weak that this is all that you have.

Are you really trying to say that homosexuality is a birth defect? Wow.... you're not going to make any friends in the LGBTQ "community".

And you're very predictable in the deflections. Don't fool yourself kid, you're not a scholar by any stretch.
Clearly far more than you.

Arthur Brain

Because the silly idea that a single organism crawled out of a pile of poop is unscientific and ridiculous. The fact that plenty of Christians fall for this lie is no sign that it has any validity. Go ahead and use this fallacious reasoning, it's typical of an evolutionist.

Oh wow, seriously, you think that's what evolution is about? You have no understanding of the scientific process or evolution at all. Where did you learn any 'scientific teaching' from dude, a 'chick tract' or something? You are clueless...

:AMR:

What a silly numb-skull you are. I did NOT says that "everyone is created male and female", I said that God created ONE man and ONE woman in the beginning. What has happened since has definitely been affected by "the fall". You just continue to make it clear that you are NOT a "Christian", but someone that simply (perhaps) poses as one. And since you continue to hide your world view, who knows that gibberish you'll be spouting next?

Oh, so hermaphrodites are created by who then? Where did these abnormalities come from if not through design? This just backfires on you dude.

Why do you continue attempt to use abnormalities to support your position? Because your position so weak that this is all that you have.

Are you really trying to say that homosexuality is a birth defect? Wow.... you're not going to make any friends in the LGBTQ "community".

Well, ya know, design and all. Where else did these things come from from your perspective? You say 'the fall'. What did a kid do to inherit Downs Syndrome? Or be born with cancer? What, because a literal 'Adam' ate from a tree he shouldn't have? Then it's a lottery as to who gets to be born without disability, disease or genetic defects as fallout?

I ain't saying any such thing as you allude to, but I'm not surprised you're missing the point there really.

Clearly far more than you.

Prove it.

Right Divider

Body part
Oh wow, seriously, you think that's what evolution is about? You have no understanding of the scientific process or evolution at all. Where did you learn any 'scientific teaching' from dude, a 'chick tract' or something? You are clueless...
If you have some "other" theory of evolution, let the class know.

Oh, so hermaphrodites are created by who then? Where did these abnormalities come from if not through design? This just backfires on you dude.
You have a very hard time understanding simple things. God create ONE man and ONE woman, all other humans are descended from them. Since "the fall" (which you apparently despise) there has been a curse put on the creation by God. Serious mutations and defects occur, which are easily observable, especially to someone as "observant" as you.

Backfire snuffed.

Well, ya know, design and all.
Well, ya know, smoke and mirrors and all.

Where else did these things come from from your perspective? You say 'the fall'. What did a kid do to inherit Downs Syndrome? Or be born with cancer? What, because a literal 'Adam' ate from a tree he shouldn't have? Then it's a lottery as to who gets to be born without disability, disease or genetic defects as fallout?
Are you going to try to blame God? Good luck with that.

I ain't saying any such thing as you allude to, but I'm not surprised you're missing the point there really.
You can't have it both ways.

Prove it.

I already have.

Right Divider

Body part
Even hermaphrodites?

Don't get me wrong, it was good to hear you finally admit you had no choice in your own orientation after 231 posts but how does it work for people with both sets of genitalia and characteristics exactly?
Idiots always try to use the special cases to disprove the normal one.

Arthur Brain

If you have some "other" theory of evolution, let the class know.

"Class" is where you should be at because your understanding of evolution would embarrass a third grader. This outlandish rubbish about it coming from primarily secular scientists trying to dupe the world or something betrays yet more embarrassing ignorance. For a theory to pass muster in science it has to undergo stringent testing, peer review processes across the board etc. Faith or lack thereof simply doesn't enter into it. Just because established science doesn't fit in with your belief system or sensibilities is frankly, irrelevant.

You have a very hard time understanding simple things. God create ONE man and ONE woman, all other humans are descended from them. Since "the fall" (which you apparently despise) there has been a curse put on the creation by God. Serious mutations and defects occur, which are easily observable, especially to someone as "observant" as you.

Backfire snuffed.

Hardly, all you've managed to do is underline that such defects and mutations were "designed" and in your belief, by God.

Well, ya know, smoke and mirrors and all.

Eh, as above.

Are you going to try to blame God? Good luck with that.

According to you these defects etc have come about through Divine design aka a curse...

You can't have it both ways.

That's...ironic.

I already have.

Well no, but you keep on deluding yourself.

Idiots always try to use the special cases to disprove the normal one.

Eh, fundamentalists have no business calling anyone idiots when they're incapable of thinking outside of their doctrinal little box.

Right Divider

Body part
"Class" is where you should be at because your understanding of evolution would embarrass a third grader. This outlandish rubbish about it coming from primarily secular scientists trying to dupe the world or something betrays yet more embarrassing ignorance. For a theory to pass muster in science it has to undergo stringent testing, peer review processes across the board etc. Faith or lack thereof simply doesn't enter into it. Just because established science doesn't fit in with your belief system or sensibilities is frankly, irrelevant.
Perhaps if you would divulge your secret world view, I would not have to assume that you agree with the typical "theory of evolution" that dominates the secular world and that "many Christians" agree with.

Hardly, all you've managed to do is underline that such defects and mutations were "designed" and in your belief, by God.
Interesting.... where do YOU think that defects and mutations come from?

According to you these defects etc have come about through Divine design aka a curse...
Feel free to educate, Mr. SecretWorldView.

Eh, fundamentalists have no business calling anyone idiots when they're incapable of thinking outside of their doctrinal little box.
Your "doctrinal little box" does not hold water.

Arthur Brain

Perhaps if you would divulge your secret world view, I would not have to assume that you agree with the typical "theory of evolution" that dominates the secular world and that "many Christians" agree with.

Your fascination with what I believe notwithstanding you're still not getting the point. Scientific theories do not come about via some sort of agenda. For example, gravity doesn't care if you're a fundamentalist or an atheist. If a theory is faulty then it's falsified when further data comes to light or modified depending. The fact that the theory of evolution is accepted across the board in science should tell you something if you weren't so hung up on some sort of conspiracy theory. Science itself is neutral. If an erroneous theory is pushed then it's not long before such crumbles through evidence and falsification. You'd have to be a crackpot to think that evolution is being pushed as a secular means of proselytizing an atheist position or something...

As for my beliefs I've told you already. Non atheist with no affiliation to any 'organized religion'.

Interesting.... where do YOU think that defects and mutations come from?

Also interesting that you're not denying it. As for me I'll be honest enough to say I don't know. Maybe it has all been designed this way for reasons that I don't understand on this level. Things such as children been born with cancers and all manner of other ailments are things I struggle to equate with a loving God. See, I don't pretend to know all the answers dude.

Feel free to educate, Mr. SecretWorldView.

It's not 'secret' as I've pointed out above and prior.

Your "doctrinal little box" does not hold water.

Except I'm not constrained by one.

Right Divider

Body part
Your fascination with what I believe notwithstanding you're still not getting the point. Scientific theories do not come about via some sort of agenda. For example, gravity doesn't care if you're a fundamentalist or an atheist. If a theory is faulty then it's falsified when further data comes to light or modified depending. The fact that the theory of evolution is accepted across the board in science should tell you something if you weren't so hung up on some sort of conspiracy theory. Science itself is neutral. If an erroneous theory is pushed then it's not long before such crumbles through evidence and falsification. You'd have to be a crackpot to think that evolution is being pushed as a secular means of proselytizing an atheist position or something...
I'm well aware of those things. Do you have some other non-standard "theory of evolution" that you'd like to make known, are you going to keep that a little secret as well?

As for my beliefs I've told you already. Non atheist with no affiliation to any 'organized religion'.
But you don't seem to want to divulge a critical piece of information. Did God create ONE man and ONE woman and if not, where did we come from?

The fact that you keep your understanding of this a SECRET means that you think that you can just keep spouting your vain opinions about the nature of humankind.

Put up or shut up.

Also interesting that you're not denying it. As for me I'll be honest enough to say I don't know. Maybe it has all been designed this way for reasons that I don't understand on this level. Things such as children been born with cancers and all manner of other ailments are things I struggle to equate with a loving God. See, I don't pretend to know all the answers dude.
I don't know all the answers either, but I'm willing to believe the ONE that does.

It's not 'secret' as I've pointed out above and prior.
Sure you have. Your "non atheist" is cute, but the "god" that you believe in is the one that you invented in your head.

Except I'm not constrained by one.
Neither am I. You have a wonder double-standard.

Arthur Brain

I'm well aware of those things. Do you have some other non-standard "theory of evolution" that you'd like to make known, are you going to keep that a little secret as well?

What the hell are you talking about? I've no issues with established science as it is. You, on the other hand have shown yourself to be clueless about the theory of evolution as it is..."an organism crawling out of a pile of poop"?! For sanity's sake educate yourself a bit on the subject will ya?

:freak:

But you don't seem to want to divulge a critical piece of information. Did God create ONE man and ONE woman and if not, where did we come from?

The fact that you keep your understanding of this a SECRET means that you think that you can just keep spouting your vain opinions about the nature of humankind.

Put up or shut up.

Eh, it may be critical to you, it isn't to me doofus.

Take your own advice kid.

I don't know all the answers either, but I'm willing to believe the ONE that does.

Except where it gets uncomfortable. You're okay with people born with both sexes but homosexual attractions are a no-no, they have to be "chosen". As you finally admitted that you're heterosexual and had no choice in it then you also know you can't choose to be gay.

Sure you have. Your "non atheist" is cute, but the "god" that you believe in is the one that you invented in your head.

Oh dear, you're not very old are you?

Neither am I. You have a wonder double-standard.

Sure you are. Your hangups with evolution (not that you understand it) are evidence of that alone.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
What the hell are you talking about? I've no issues with established science as it is. You, on the other hand have shown yourself to be clueless about the theory of evolution as it is..."an organism crawling out of a pile of poop"?! For sanity's sake educate yourself a bit on the subject will ya?
Teach me. Where did the first living things come from in YOUR perfect and scientific theory of origins?

Eh, it may be critical to you, it isn't to me doofus.
So we just have to accept you version of the nature of humankind? Got it.

Except where it gets uncomfortable. You're okay with people born with both sexes but homosexual attractions are a no-no, they have to be "chosen". As you finally admitted that you're heterosexual and had no choice in it then you also know you can't choose to be gay.
Everyone is heterosexual, some just CHOOSE to act otherwise.

Oh dear, you're not very old are you?
You keep telling me "how it is" without any evidence. What else am I supposed to think?

Sure you are. Your hangups with evolution (not that you understand it) are evidence of that alone.
Teach me.

MrDante

You obviously don't know much at all about evolution.

He is saying nothing of the sort and you know it. Is your position so weak that you have to lie about what AB posts?