LGBT History Month

Arthur Brain

I just use CAPS for emphasis. It's not shouting.

Don't you know that some people CHANGE their preferred attraction during their lifetime?

Then answer the question, when did you choose your attractions? What have you got to hide from answering this? If attractions change for some people it's not through choice and I suspect the reason you're so reticent to answer the above question is because you don't want to lie. Otherwise, why the big deal over the question?

The floor is yours.

Right Divider

Body part
Then answer the question, when did you choose your attractions? What have you got to hide from answering this? If attractions change for some people it's not through choice and I suspect the reason you're so reticent to answer the above question is because you don't want to lie. Otherwise, why the big deal over the question?

The floor is yours.
  • You made a claim without evidence other than your own opinion. Why do you continue to try to avoid that issue?
  • Don't you know that some people CHANGE their preferred attraction during their lifetime? Was that also predetermined?

Arthur Brain

• You made a claim without evidence other than your own opinion. Why do you continue to try to avoid that issue?
  • Don't you know that some people CHANGE their preferred attraction during their lifetime? Was that also predetermined?

It wasn't opinion, it was fact. I didn't "choose" to be attracted to the opposite sex. Anybody honest will tell you the same thing. Attractions aren't borne out of some conscious decision making process the same as when people fall in love. If you've ever had that experience you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. If not, then you've got it to come. There are plenty of things in life that can involve a decision making process and there are also plenty of things that aren't, that's life.

Now just be honest. Have you ever chosen to be attracted to someone?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's a lack of clarity over it because the proponents of homosexuality being a "choice" can't back it up with anything concrete whatsoever.

Yep ...

Have you ever met anyone who claimed they made a choice over their romantic/sexual attractions? I haven't.

Me neither.

Heck, I saw girls differently to boys back when I was five...

Same here ... and still do. My first memory of the perfect man. Keith Partridge.

Right Divider

Body part
It wasn't opinion, it was fact. I didn't "choose" to be attracted to the opposite sex. Anybody honest will tell you the same thing. Attractions aren't borne out of some conscious decision making process the same as when people fall in love. If you've ever had that experience you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. If not, then you've got it to come. There are plenty of things in life that can involve a decision making process and there are also plenty of things that aren't, that's life.
If it was a fact, you could provide some evidence beside your own opinion.

Now just be honest. Have you ever chosen to be attracted to someone?
Regarding honesty, if you can't support your statement, then just say so.

Arthur Brain

If it was a fact, you could provide some evidence beside your own opinion.

See my exchange with Rusha. This is the 'norm' for people. There's no choice in attraction, just as there isn't when people fall in love.

Regarding honesty, if you can't support your statement, then just say so.

You don't even have the honesty to answer as to whether you've ever chosen your own attractions dude. Such a simple question and yet one you constantly shy away from. Why is that?

Right Divider

Body part
See my exchange with Rusha. This is the 'norm' for people. There's no choice in attraction, just as there isn't when people fall in love.
You sure have a lot of opinions that you claim to be facts.

You don't even have the honesty to answer as to whether you've ever chosen your own attractions dude. Such a simple question and yet one you constantly shy away from. Why is that?
I have no obligation to answer your question until you provide some evidence to support your claim.

You have provided nothing but your own opinion.

Arthur Brain

You sure have a lot of opinions that you claim to be facts.

Well, no, I'm heterosexual and that's a fact regardless of what you may happen to "think". I can't prove that I've got perfect pitch either but they're both facts. Given the exchange between myself and Rusha along with basic common sense the evidence that attractions aren't chosen is already there. You just don't want to admit it for some reason.

I have no obligation to answer your question until you provide some evidence to support your claim.

You have provided nothing but your own opinion.

There's no reason for you to avoid answering such a basic question unless it either:

Undermines your own position because you know fine well that you're not in control of attractions and don't have the honesty to admit it.

Actually, that's pretty much the only reason or else answer the question. I mean, what the hell is so difficult about it?

:AMR:

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

You didn't have to choose to be attracted to the opposite sex....you were created that way.

What you do have choose....is to go against nature, and you have to battle your conscience to do so.

Well, considering I've stated that I'm solely attracted to the opposite sex and had no say in it then there's no "choosing" same sex attraction GD. There's no choice in being exclusively attracted to women here. I could no more "choose" to find blokes attractive than I could will myself to be a film soundtrack.

:freak:

glorydaz

Well, considering I've stated that I'm solely attracted to the opposite sex and had no say in it then there's no "choosing" same sex attraction GD. There's no choice in being exclusively attracted to women here. I could no more "choose" to find blokes attractive than I could will myself to be a film soundtrack.

:freak:

What you state about your non-problem doesn't matter. It doesn't equate.

The point being, you are not the example. What you experience is NOT the experience of those who develop an unnatural attraction for the same sex. They develop that attraction when they choose to turn against their own conscience.

As I said, what comes natural to a man just comes....he doesn't have to think about it. He was created that way. On the other hand, when one chooses to ignore his conscience (which tells him it's wrong), and then he goes ahead and does it, he has to hide it (closet comes to mind). But, with so many saying it's normal for some, it allows some to flaunt it.

Arthur Brain

What you state about your non-problem doesn't matter. It doesn't equate.

The point being, you are not the example. What you experience is NOT the experience of those who develop an unnatural attraction for the same sex. They develop that attraction when they choose to turn against their own conscience.

As I said, what comes natural to a man just comes....he doesn't have to think about it. He was created that way. On the other hand, when one chooses to ignore his conscience (which tells him it's wrong), and then he goes ahead and does it, he has to hide it (closet comes to mind). But, with so many saying it's normal for some, it allows some to flaunt it.

Oh please. I'm a straight bloke. It is simply out of the equation for me to entertain any sort of romantic or sexual intimacy with another man. There's no 'conscience' involved or morality and ethics. It's just a complete no-no. Why can't you get that?

glorydaz

Oh please. I'm a straight bloke. It is simply out of the equation for me to entertain any sort of romantic or sexual intimacy with another man. There's no 'conscience' involved or morality and ethics. It's just a complete no-no. Why can't you get that?

I do get it, and said as much. Why can't you get that?