LGBT History Month

Arthur Brain

I do get it, and said as much. Why can't you get that?

No, you didn't. You brought 'conscience' into it as if that's even relevant. It isn't. If you're straight then there's no 'morality' about being exclusively attracted to the opposite sex and there's no 'option' to go against some 'ethical code' either. You're simply attracted to the opposite sex. That's it.

glorydaz

No, you didn't. You brought 'conscience' into it as if that's even relevant. It isn't. If you're straight then there's no 'morality' about being exclusively attracted to the opposite sex and there's no 'option' to go against some 'ethical code' either. You're simply attracted to the opposite sex. That's it.

Well, you're just wrong. What else can I say?

When you're straight, there is no need for our conscience to convict you.

When you're going against nature, it will.

MrDante

My evidence is readily available from people that say that they have changed Mr. Cranky.

First, it is a rare thing for anyone to claim that they changed orientation, most so-called 'ex-gay'have been coached into using meaningless phrases such as 'left the lifestyle' or 'struggles with homosexual thoughts'

Second, There are countless people who say that they have been abducted by aliens. Are those claims evidence that UFO's are real?

Perhaps you think that they are lying.
Most are.

Right Divider

Body part
Well, no, I'm heterosexual and that's a fact regardless of what you may happen to "think". I can't prove that I've got perfect pitch either but they're both facts. Given the exchange between myself and Rusha along with basic common sense the evidence that attractions aren't chosen is already there. You just don't want to admit it for some reason.
I enjoy and illogical argument as mush as the next guy. You like to make false comparisons.

Whether you are pitch perfect or not is easily provable. Your other opinion is not.

There's no reason for you to avoid answering such a basic question unless it either:

Undermines your own position because you know fine well that you're not in control of attractions and don't have the honesty to admit it.

Actually, that's pretty much the only reason or else answer the question. I mean, what the hell is so difficult about it?

:AMR:
Once again, I was not the one making claims that I cannot backup with a factual demonstration.

My answer is irrelevant to the fact that YOU have given no evidence to confirm that your opinion is anything but just that.

Right Divider

Body part
First, it is a rare thing for anyone to claim that they changed orientation, most so-called 'ex-gay'have been coached into using meaningless phrases such as 'left the lifestyle' or 'struggles with homosexual thoughts'

Second, There are countless people who say that they have been abducted by aliens. Are those claims evidence that UFO's are real?

Most are.
You're fun and entertaining.

Arthur Brain

Well, you're just wrong. What else can I say?

When you're straight, there is no need for our conscience to convict you.

When you're going against nature, it will.

Well, no, I'm not. There is simply nothing 'moral' about my being straight, it is simply the way things are for me. No 'decision', no 'choice', just wired one way only and that being towards the opposite sex. There is no attraction on a romantic or sexual level to other men, no inclinations to act on or even entertain and again, there's nothing 'ethical' about any of this. It's just reality, just as it is for others whether straight or otherwise. Nobody makes a conscious choice to be attracted to people, just as nobody makes a 'decision' to fall in love.

Arthur Brain

I enjoy and illogical argument as mush as the next guy. You like to make false comparisons.

Well, you're certainly 'good' at them...

:plain:

I, on the other hand don't enjoy illogical arguments and unless I need a pack of huskies to sled me around I ain't gonna be saying the word 'mush' anytime soon...

Whether you are pitch perfect or not is easily provable. Your other opinion is not.

How am I supposed to prove I've got perfect pitch on the net? I've proved it with people when there's a piano about and in the same room...My other "opinion" is just as much fact whether you buy it or not. You can't prove that what I say isn't true so that's just an opinion of your own effectively. Added to which is the fact I've nothing to gain by lying about it and other people are telling you the same, that their attractions aren't chosen and further add in some common sense etc...

Once again, I was not the one making claims that I cannot backup with a factual demonstration.

My answer is irrelevant to the fact that YOU have given no evidence to confirm that your opinion is anything but just that.

No, it wouldn't be irrelevant at all and in fact could progress the conversation on some more if you just had some courage to answer it one way or the other. If you can 'choose' your attractions then I'd be interested to hear just how you go about doing that.

Right Divider

Body part
Well, it's just another "opinion" then isn't it?

:plain:
Nope... your comment is completely irrelevant to the actual, factual discussion.

Pitch perfectness CAN be proven or disproved by testing it (not over the net as you apparently assumed that I meant, which I did not).

Once again, how do you know that a persons sexual preference is inherent in the person at birth?

Arthur Brain

Nope... your comment is completely irrelevant to the actual, factual discussion.

Pitch perfectness CAN be proven or disproved by testing it (not over the net as you apparently assumed that I meant, which I did not).

Once again, how do you know that a persons sexual preference is inherent in the person at birth?

How do you know that a person's orientation isn't fixed? I'm not talking about 'sexual preference' as innate attraction isn't the same thing. I'm not straight because I prefer women but because I'm exclusively attracted to women. How about you prove that my own claims and Rusha's about having no choice in being straight are false? Otherwise it's just your opinion and you still haven't got the guts to say whether you have a choice in your own...