Laura Ingraham apologizes too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexlunae

I'd call it balancing one one-sided view with another (and opposite) one-sided view. If you don't get both sides, how can you make an informed decision?

In court, we listen to both the plaintiff and the defendant. Leaving either one of their testimonies out hides the full story. The same is true of news. You must balance your coverage. Otherwise you're simply being fed one-sided propaganda

Of all the news anchors, I'd say Shep Smith is the most neutral

That's all fair and balanced, and I listen to Fox from time to time to hear what they're saying. But it's become mostly propaganda on Fox. There are things to criticize on CNN and MSNBC, but nothing even remotely like that.

Shep is pretty awesome, though.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Rex appears to have merely a miniscule amount of knowledge regarding the Conservative way of looking at things. He's been so brainwashed and deluded by CNN and their ilk, he's incapable of discerning truth from lies.

rexlunae

Rex appears to have merely a miniscule amount of knowledge regarding the Conservative way of looking at things.

"War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength"

Look, you can say that, but no "way of thinking" can make a lie the truth. There are at least two lawsuits related to Hannity's fake Seth Rich story. I have never seen any mainstream news outlet try to fabricate a story like that.

He's been so brainwashed and deluded by CNN and their ilk, he's incapable of discerning truth from lies.

About the worst you can say about CNN is that they feed on conflict, and so they tend to fall into a false balance trap at times. For the most part, I don't watch them for that reason. That presents a pretty distorted view at times, but they aren't going to try to pass off a deliberate lie as the truth. MSNBC, for all its liberal cred, is actually a lot better at fairly and accurately reporting the news in a way that's representative, at least of the stories they're covering. But if you really want to know what's going on in the world, you have to go for something non-commercial, like BBC or al-Jazeera, which manage to fit in the actual news at various points in the day.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
"War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength"

Look, you can say that, but no "way of thinking" can make a lie the truth. There are at least two lawsuits related to Hannity's fake Seth Rich story. I have never seen any mainstream news outlet try to fabricate a story like that.

About the worst you can say about CNN is that they feed on conflict, and so they tend to fall into a false balance trap at times. For the most part, I don't watch them for that reason. That presents a pretty distorted view at times, but they aren't going to try to pass off a deliberate lie as the truth. MSNBC, for all its liberal cred, is actually a lot better at fairly and accurately reporting the news in a way that's representative, at least of the stories they're covering. But if you really want to know what's going on in the world, you have to go for something non-commercial, like BBC or al-Jazeera, which manage to fit in the actual news at various points in the day.

I see you're a fan of Orwell.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes. Take a gander. And I'd suggest a more thorough review of one's posts before throwing out accusations next time, GM

I think one can make an assumption out of the post I read. You were quite clear about what you were saying. Perhaps you need to articulate better in each and every post you create? If one has to read ALL of your posts in order to get a clear view of what you're trying to say overall, you may be expecting too much out of TOL posters?

Greg Jennings

I think one can make an assumption out of the post I read. You were quite clear about what you were saying. Perhaps you need to articulate better in each and every post you create? If one has to read ALL of your posts in order to get a clear view of what you're trying to say overall, you may be expecting too much out of TOL posters?

It's on the same page, buddy. I stated that I liked Carlson because of his fairness and willingness to take on anybody who will come on his show. THEN I said he had an epic dumb face, because he does. Look up a pic. That has nothing to do with his acumen

Open those eyes. And don't make assumptions off of a singular post.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's on the same page, buddy. I stated that I liked Carlson because of his fairness and willingness to take on anybody who will come on his show. THEN I said he had an epic dumb face, because he does. Look up a pic. That has nothing to do with his acumen

Open those eyes

That's just YOUR opinion. You really shouldn't assume everyone has to agree with YOUR opinion. And, you ought not expect everyone to peruse each and everyone of your posts in order to get the total meaning of what you're trying to say. In other words, one post equals, one comment.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Gregg, do you really have a deep-seated urge to keep arguing with 'Old GM?' I'll be more than willing to argue about anything you want to, as long as you create your own thread.

Lon

Particularly when it's an adult, trying to ridicule a kid. People don't like that, and Ingraham is notorious for trying to verbally bully people. The point is, this kid was smart enough to realize that he wasn't defenseless, and taught her a lesson.

In this case, it was kind of dumb. She had a media outlet for her spite, and thought he didn't. He taught her a lesson. Might be a really expensive lesson for her.

He beat her at her own game. That's pretty good.

Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not serving tomato sundaes.

She merely tried to taunt him over it. And she paid a rather high price.

She's now apologetic and trying to make nice with him. I'd say he handled that well. Remember, she's got a right to be a jerk; she doesn't have a right to demand that companies sponsor her.

"It ain't over until..." The whole thing about intelligence is not, imho, who can mess up the other person the best or worst. A lot of despots aren't that intelligent, they are just meaner. I'd have thought you more contemplative with such assessments. How about "might doesn't make right?" None of these ring a bell? I STILL would have to call your credentials when comparing a high schooler to a lawyer. These two, on the very face of things, are not equal. One IS more involved by a long shot, than the other. I've never had a student get the better of me in the one-up game, but 'if' it did ever happen, it wouldn't make the kid all the sudden 'more brilliant' than I. I'd suggest politics has clouded judgement.

Another example: Trump vs Dr. King. Both not faithful to their wives. One you admire, one you do not. I guarantee the difference is nothing more than politics. Guaranteed. If you can't see beyond your blue or red, imho, you are just another cog in the polarization movement.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
"It ain't over until..." The whole thing about intelligence is not, imho, who can mess up the other person the best or worst. A lot of despots aren't that intelligent, they are just meaner. I'd have thought you more contemplative with such assessments. How about "might doesn't make right?" None of these ring a bell? I STILL would have to call your credentials when comparing a high schooler to a lawyer. These two, on the very face of things, are not equal. One IS more involved by a long shot, than the other. I've never had a student get the better of me in the one-up game, but 'if' it did ever happen, it wouldn't make the kid all the sudden 'more brilliant' than I. I'd suggest politics has clouded judgement.

Another example: Trump vs Dr. King. Both not faithful to their wives. One you admire, one you do not. I guarantee the difference is nothing more than politics. Guaranteed. If you can't see beyond your blue or red, imho, you are just another cog in the polarization movement.

Excellent, Lon.

drbrumley

Laura's goof was not in messing up format. It was matching wits with someone much smarter than she is.

It's important to know the difference between the two. Her formatting may have been excellent. Her judgement was sadly lacking. And so she gets schooled by a high school senior.

Even though she's a lawyer and a commentator and very impressed with herself. Or maybe because.

His gift is a populist message right now, ruled by emotion. Which is understandable since your friends were killed. And it supports an agenda.

Brillant? No. A genius? No....A populist? Yes. Who now has an agenda? Yes.

Greg Jennings

That's just YOUR opinion. You really shouldn't assume everyone has to agree with YOUR opinion. And, you ought not expect everyone to peruse each and everyone of your posts in order to get the total meaning of what you're trying to say. In other words, one post equals, one comment.
I didn't! When did I say that? Do not project your insecurities onto me, GM

I think it's reasonable to request of you to, if you are going to attack me, to first make sure you're doing it accurately. I guess you don't care much for accuracy. Many fundamentalists don't

Here is his said "dumb face":
tucker-carlson.jpg

rexlunae

I see you're a fan of Orwell.

Speaking of Orwell:

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/how-americas-largest-local-tv-owner-turned-its-news-anc-1824233490

They got at least one thing right: this is extremely dangerous to our democracy.

Sorta striking to see all those purportedly independent trusted local news anchors chanting along in unison against the free press, isn't it? Of course, it was never meant to be run like that. You are supposed to trust your local news people.

Conservative media has become state TV, or at least party TV. It's not independent, it's captive, it serves the Party, and when the party is in power, it serves the state. Hosts like Ingraham make a product, hordes of angry outraged viewers, with inflammatory commentary, for the use of her paymasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.