Killing in the Name of...

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I just mentioned you what Jesus says.

You seem to upset.
No, that's not what you quote-unquote just did Meshak. I've asked you to elaborate on what you're saying and you won't. Is it because you can't, or is it because you won't? She who won't, is equal with she who can't.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, that's not what you quote-unquote just did Meshak. I've asked you to elaborate on what you're saying and you won't. Is it because you can't, or is it because you won't? She who won't, is equal with she who can't.

Ok, I bring all verses about "of the world".

stay tuned.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Augustine wrote a lot about the vice of lust.

He teaches that during intercourse, your body is debasing your soul- a person is spiritually dead at the point of climax, and such a desire is a rejection of the fruits of the Spirit.

It's not so difficult a thing to understand as it is harsh- Augustinian theology is largely uncompromising.

He was also concerned about stumbling blocks playing at men, maintaining that Eve is precisely that to Adam, from the very first sin on :plain:
Yeah, he surely had some insights, some even worth quoting in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, which is written primarily for our bishops, incidentally.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Here you go Nihilo:

17.John 14:30
I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me,

not of this world
John 15:19
If you belonged to the
world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the
world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

John 17:9
I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have
given me, for they are yours.

John 17:14
I have given them your word and the world has
hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

John 17:15
My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect
them from the evil one.

.John 17:16
They are not of the world,
even as I am not of it.

.John 18:36
Jesus said, "My
kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my
arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Here you go Nihilo:

17.John 14:30
I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me,
What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?
not of this world
John 15:19
If you belonged to the
world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the
world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
OK, and I'm saying that in the case where we refrain from executing people for pedophilia and whoremongering, how should we deal with pedophiles and whoremongers?
John 17:9
I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have
given me, for they are yours.

John 17:14
I have given them your word and the world has
hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

John 17:15
My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect
them from the evil one.

.John 17:16
They are not of the world,
even as I am not of it.

.John 18:36
Jesus said, "My
kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my
arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Those verses should make you understand what I am talking about.
Also, remember where we already agree that we are in the world and not of the world?

OK thank you.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
then why are you so political. Politics are of the world.
I'm not. This concerns politics, but it's in the Religion forum because it's religion. Is it OK if we talk religion? Particularly, in a world where we don't kill trespassers of any sort, how do we the Church, who are in the world but not of the world, deal with these people? Can you, or will you, contribute to this? This concerns politics, but it is religious.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm not. This concerns politics, but it's in the Religion forum because it's religion. Is it OK if we talk religion? Particularly, in a world where we don't kill trespassers of any sort, how do we the Church, who are in the world but not of the world, deal with these people? Can you, or will you, contribute to this? This concerns politics, but it is religious.

Jesus says let the dead bury their own dead. Why are you so concerned of this world?

It they want war, let them have it.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, he surely had some insights, some even worth quoting in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, which is written primarily for our bishops, incidentally.

John Calvin adopted those institutes, and prosecuted priests in Geneva for ushering in vices.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Jesus says let the dead bury their own dead. Why are you so concerned of this world?

It they want war, let them have it.
You seem to take death very lightly, wouldn't you agree? Is this also because you are not of this world, and politics is of this world and worldly, like the military? If I'm getting off topic I apologize to the OP.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You seem to take death very lightly, wouldn't you agree? Is this also because you are not of this world, and politics is of this world and worldly, like the military? If I'm getting off topic I apologize to the OP.

Nope I don't take death lightly. Jesus is against bloodshed. War is all about bloodshed. And it is of the world. Reread the verses, please.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Should we avoid becoming victims of violence or bloodshed, or is that worldly also? What is your view?

Best regards.

Jesus says if you try to saved your life, you lose it. If you die for the sake of Jesus, you will live.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Nope I don't take death lightly. Jesus is against bloodshed. War is all about bloodshed. And it is of the world. Reread the verses, please.
So where we do not shed blood, in retribution for working to destroy civilization, what should we do instead? Understanding that we are saving people who are working to destroy civilization.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Jesus says if you try to saved your life, you lose it. If you die for the sake of Jesus, you will live.
So, what you're saying, is that in your mind there, your happy ending is the bad guys kill all the good guys. Wow.

We might not be able to communicate Meshak. I'll keep trying but this view of yours is noted.