Judged By Your Works

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Works is what proves your faith. Without proof of your faith your faith is dead. And you will be judged by your works.

[Rev 20:11-15
[11] Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is [the Book] of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
[13] The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
[14] Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Works is what proves your faith. Without proof of your faith your faith is dead. And you will be judged by your works.

[Rev 20:11-15
[11] Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is [the Book] of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
[13] The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
[14] Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

We are saved by grace through faith that we may do good works.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

We are saved by grace through faith that we may do good works.

I said
lol You are saved by grace. But your only saved so you can work out your salvation. Then you are judged according to them works on whether or not you made it.

[Phl 2:12
[12] Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Aimiel

:deadhorse:

Squeaky can't grasp the fact that he's in error but rather believes that every wild conclusion that his small mind draws from Scripture is Truth. In fact, he can't even think for one second that he's the least bit out-of-touch with spiritual reality. He's pitiful and it's a sad thing, indeed.

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
:deadhorse:

Squeaky can't grasp the fact that he's in error but rather believes that every wild conclusion that his small mind draws from Scripture is Truth. In fact, he can't even think for one second that he's the least bit out-of-touch with spiritual reality. He's pitiful and it's a sad thing, indeed.

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

I said
lol Well one of us is out of touch with spiritual reality.

[Jhn 14:26
[26] "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Aimiel

Yes, one and ONLY one: Squeaky. Please admit to being less than perfect. You are in SEVERE error.

Aimiel

I said
lol I have never claimed to be perfect. And if you can show me the error I will even repent.
Dozens and dozens of TOL'ers have shown you hundreds of places that you misconstrue Scripture and you ignore their words and post spurious Scripture verses (many of which are completely un-related to the topic at hand) and go on about your merry way.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Dozens and dozens of TOL'ers have shown you hundreds of places that you misconstrue Scripture and you ignore their words and post spurious Scripture verses (many of which are completely un-related to the topic at hand) and go on about your merry way.

I said
lol Your going to have to tell me what spurious means. And every verse is related to the topic. Just because you cant see is not evidence that they didnt fit.

Aimiel

You're going to have to learn how to use Google and type: "definition spurious."

Your spurious quoting of verses out-of-context aren't 'revelations' any more than I'm the Easter Bunny.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You're going to have to learn how to use Google and type: "definition spurious."

Your spurious quoting of verses out-of-context aren't 'revelations' any more than I'm the Easter Bunny.

I said
lol You better get your basket out your going to be very busy pretty soon.

Aimiel

Your belief in the Easter Bunny is more credulous than your professed Christianity, since you don't recognize His Word as Truth.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your belief in the Easter Bunny is more credulous than your professed Christianity, since you don't recognize His Word as Truth.

I said
lol That is an oxymoron. I quote His Word as truth. You reject what I quote. You dont make any sense.

[Jhn 17:17-19
[17] "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
[18] "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
[19] "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

Aimiel

Quoting spurious texts out-of-context not only doesn't make you sanctified the way that you do it also doesn't make any sense.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Quoting spurious texts out-of-context not only doesn't make you sanctified the way that you do it also doesn't make any sense.

I said
lol It makes all the sense in the world to a born again Christian. It keeps a born again Christian from getting dragged into a carnal conversation that no body can win. The Spiritual mind is total verses which is sanctified(the washing of water by the Word). The carnal mind is absolutely no verses. The Word or verses are the only Godly truth in the World. When you submit to a verse in your mind you are submitting to the Holy Spirit. All your carnal thoughts are either from your guardian angel or your devil. Now everyone starts out carnally minded. The Spiritual mind comes from giving into the Holy Spirit and verses. The milk understanding is done with the carnal mind. The meat understanding is done with the Holy Spirit. And the deeper one goes into the Spirit the closer they get to the revelations of Jesus Christ. Which is born again.

clefty

I said
lol Now dont go and get all intellectual on me here.

Ha...remember Col 2:8!

Don’t you worry about the MAD ones Squeaky...they just jealous you claim the Holy Spirit too...they expect you to speak in tongues...which sometimes I wonder if you arent...

But seriously you are gonna get persecuted by others that ACTUALLY AGREE with you that Yahushua changed the customs Moses delivered (Which Luke makes clear was jewish FALSE WITNESS) but they just don’t like you going on and on about being given Holy Spirit revelations...they are jealous...

They are MAD that you claim there is works yet to do...but merely changed from the OT...

what the Holy Spirit tells them (in tongues I guess) is that those works were never for them...they are under dispensation of grace...saved once...and now can babel on and on

Yup...inspect the fruits...reveal the roots...

Don’t let anyone judge you (for following the shadows which STILL point to good things still to come)...but the Body of Christ...Col 2:16-17

The irony...as that Body of Christ claims no works for them to do...cuz they be MAD....

yup they MAD bro...lol

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-umadbro-2483669

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Ha...remember Col 2:8!

Don’t you worry about the MAD ones Squeaky...they just jealous you claim the Holy Spirit too...they expect you to speak in tongues...which sometimes I wonder if you arent...

But seriously you are gonna get persecuted by others that ACTUALLY AGREE with you that Yahushua changed the customs Moses delivered (Which Luke makes clear was jewish FALSE WITNESS) but they just don’t like you going on and on about being given Holy Spirit revelations...they are jealous...

They are MAD that you claim there is works yet to do...but merely changed from the OT...

what the Holy Spirit tells them (in tongues I guess) is that those works were never for them...they are under dispensation of grace...saved once...and now can babel on and on

Yup...inspect the fruits...reveal the roots...

Don’t let anyone judge you (for following the shadows which STILL point to good things still to come)...but the Body of Christ...Col 2:16-17

The irony...as that Body of Christ claims no works for them to do...cuz they be MAD....

yup they MAD bro...lol

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-umadbro-2483669

I said
Well there are milk tongues and there are meat tongues. And these revelations are an unknown tongue.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
'Faith without works is a dead faith'
It's not a subject of debate, it's a self evident statement.

'Works without faith is a dead work'
This isn't a subject of debate either, the issue that it's not very evident to a lot of people.

Where James is pretty straightforward in the matter, Paul takes a bit deeper route- a dead work is one that's done in self righteousness. Proverbs makes a distinction between works that seem right to men but ultimately lead nowhere.
This isn't very evident particularly among atheists and secular minded people as it requires the knowledge of God to distinguish.