Judged By Your Works

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Romans 4:4-8 NASB - 4 Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due. 5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness, 6 just as David also speaks of the blessing on the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works: 7 "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS HAVE BEEN COVERED. 8 "BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE SIN THE LORD WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT."

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Romans 4:4-8 NASB - 4 Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due. 5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness, 6 just as David also speaks of the blessing on the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works: 7 "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS HAVE BEEN COVERED. 8 "BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE SIN THE LORD WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT."

I said
[Rom 4:1-7
[1] What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh?
[2] For if Abraham was justified by works, he has [something] to boast about, but not before God.
[3] For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
[4] Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.
[5] But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
[6] just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
[7] "Blessed [are those] whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered;

Abraham believe God and it was accounted to him for righteousness. But then he had to prove he believed it with works.Works is the only way to prove your faith is real.

[Jas 2:17-22, 24, 26
[17] Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
[18] But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
[19] You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble!
[20] But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
[21] Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
[22] Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? ...
[24] You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. ...
[26] For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
[Rom 4:1-7
[1] What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh?
[2] For if Abraham was justified by works, he has [something] to boast about, but not before God.
[3] For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
[4] Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.
[5] But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
[6] just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
[7] "Blessed [are those] whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered;

Abraham believe God and it was accounted to him for righteousness. But then he had to prove he believed it with works.Works is the only way to prove your faith is real.

[Jas 2:17-22, 24, 26
[17] Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
[18] But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
[19] You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble!
[20] But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
[21] Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
[22] Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? ...
[24] You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. ...
[26] For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Shalom. When a person believes, the outcome of their faith is works.

Aimiel

I said
At the white throne judgment that is exactly what your are going to be judged by.

The Great White Throne Judgment

[Rev 20:11-15
[11] Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.
[12] And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is [the Book] of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.
[13] The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
[14] Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
[15] And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Your 'proof' verses are for THE DEAD. The Great White Throne Judgment is NOT for those who are alive in Christ. It is for the dead, who've died in their sin. If Christians were judged by their works, they'd all be sent to hell, since NO ONE EVER got into Heaven on their works. No one is perfect. It is only by God's Grace through faith that we are considered sinless. Christ's Blood cleanses us from our sin so that God can live inside us. God isn't about to send Himself through judgment or to hell or leave us or forsake us. Think about it. :think:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom. When a person believes, the outcome of their faith is works.

I said
That is the problem some only believe parts of the Word. Which leaves them short of salvation. They need all of the new testament for salvation.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your 'proof' verses are for THE DEAD. The Great White Throne Judgment is NOT for those who are alive in Christ. It is for the dead, who've died in their sin. If Christians were judged by their works, they'd all be sent to hell, since NO ONE EVER got into Heaven on their works. No one is perfect. It is only by God's Grace through faith that we are considered sinless. Christ's Blood cleanses us from our sin so that God can live inside us. God isn't about to send Himself through judgment or to hell or leave us or forsake us. Think about it. :think:

I said
Everyone at that point who was alive were believers.

[Rev 20:2-7
[2] He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is [the] Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
[3] and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.
[4] And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then [I saw] the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received [his] mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
[5] But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This [is] the first resurrection.
[6] Blessed and holy [is] he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
[7] Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison

Aimiel

:blabla:

:nono:

Sorry, you're taking verses out-of-context, as usual. You need to go to Sunday School and learn how to study Scripture. Your darkened understanding is GREAT.

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
:blabla:

:nono:

Sorry, you're taking verses out-of-context, as usual. You need to go to Sunday School and learn how to study Scripture. Your darkened understanding is GREAT.

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

I said
lol What you have to worry about is the fact that if it is the true Holy Spirit leading me with the verses. That means your blind to this truth.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
Works are a reflection of your being- Martin Luther describes works as both a sign and an admittance; John Calvin outright describes it as God's sovereignty.