Jews Dont Even Keep The Law

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lolo That doesn't make any sense. You cant be a Jew and suffer for Christ. Jews live by the old testament law. Jesus changed that law. You cant get an eye for an eye, and turn the other cheek at the same time. The best you can be is a Jew and a hypocrite. But you cant be a Jew and a Christian.

I believe you can be. But you don't need to be.

Some Jews believe in the New Covenant, God's law written on minds and hearts for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Others simply observe old covenant law. There is no problem with this. What we need to understand in God's revelation and that Yeshua is the Messiah.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I believe you can be. But you don't need to be.

Some Jews believe in the New Covenant, God's law written on minds and hearts for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Others simply observe old covenant law. There is no problem with this. What we need to understand in God's revelation and that Yeshua is the Messiah.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
lol You lie so easy. If a Christian becomes a Jew they have fallen from grace. And are subject to the whole entire old testament.

[Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol You lie so easy. If a Christian becomes a Jew they have fallen from grace. And are subject to the whole entire old testament.

[Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
It is Revi'i.

I was already circumcised before I chose to obey Yeshua's (Jesus') instruction to keep (do) and teach the commandments. That is not falling from grace. Paul did have Timothy circumcised.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is Revi'i.

I was already circumcised before I chose to obey Yeshua's (Jesus') instruction to keep (do) and teach the commandments. That is not falling from grace. Paul did have Timothy circumcised.

I said
That is why your blinded to Jesus' truth. That is why in your arrogance and ignorance you say you believe Jesus while at the same time you reject a lot of what Jesus says.

[Jhn 12:40
40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with [their] eyes, Lest they should understand with [their] hearts and turn, So that I should heal them."
[Rom 11:7
7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
[2Co 3:14
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the [veil] is taken away in Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
That is why your blinded to Jesus' truth. That is why in your arrogance and ignorance you say you believe Jesus while at the same time you reject a lot of what Jesus says.

[Jhn 12:40
40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with [their] eyes, Lest they should understand with [their] hearts and turn, So that I should heal them."
[Rom 11:7
7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
[2Co 3:14
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the [veil] is taken away in Christ.

Shalom.

Today is Revi'i, 12-6. It is morning, day.

No. I accepted Jesus' word. All of it.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Revi'i, 12-6. It is morning, day.

No. I accepted Jesus' word. All of it.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Your lying to yourself. Tell me how you accept this saying from Jesus.

[Jhn 10:1, 8
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your lying to yourself. Tell me how you accept this saying from Jesus.

1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

I just do. I read it, accepted it, and was informed by other scriptures such that I can understand it in truth.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I just do. I read it, accepted it, and was informed by other scriptures such that I can understand it in truth.

I said
You lie to yourself so easy. What about this scripture?

[1Jo 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
You lie to yourself so easy. What about this scripture?

[1Jo 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

I accept all scripture.

chair

Nope, you are dead wrong. Jesus did not keep eye for eye law.

Jews don't keep "eye for an eye". The Rabbis interpreted this to mean monetary payment, not actual maiming. Some Christians think Jews ought to keep "eye for an eye". Why they think it is their job to tell Jews how to run their religion is beyond me.

chair

Oh? Then why Israel are at war with so many people?
1. I suggest you read the verses about eye for an eye again. The term does not refer to war- it has to do with legal repercussions when someone injures someone else.
2. If you are suggesting that Israel is at war because of revenge, then you are mistaken. And in what way are we at war now anyhow?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
1. I suggest you read the verses about eye for an eye again. The term does not refer to war- it has to do with legal repercussions when someone injures someone else.
2. If you are suggesting that Israel is at war because of revenge, then you are mistaken. And in what way are we at war now anyhow?

I guess you did not read what Jesus says about it in His sermon on the mount.

I suggest you to read it.

good day,

blessings.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Jews don't keep "eye for an eye". The Rabbis interpreted this to mean monetary payment, not actual maiming. Some Christians think Jews ought to keep "eye for an eye". Why they think it is their job to tell Jews how to run their religion is beyond me.

I do not tell Jews anything about their religion, unless they tell me they are Christian. I take eye-for-an-eye literally.

chair

I guess you did not read what Jesus says about it in His sermon on the mount.

I suggest you to read it.

good day,

blessings.

Being a Jew, I was referring to the "Old" Testament verses. I will read the Sermon on the Mount again, but from what I recall, Jesus was concerned with the behavior of individuals, not that of nations.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Being a Jew, I was referring to the "Old" Testament verses. I will read the Sermon on the Mount again, but from what I recall, Jesus was concerned with the behavior of individuals, not that of nations.

Christianity is about relationship with God and Jesus.

Jesus teaches God's people pursue love and peace.

You are missing my point.

peace and blessings.

Tnkrbl123!

I said
I know where he is coming from. I had that spirit in me when I was younger. I done a lot of what he is doing. Any time any one would accuse me of something I would tell them they were wrong. I can remember one time someone told me I didn't have any comprehension, I got mad and told them. I have comprehension coming out all over me. They wouldn't talk to me anymore so I thought I won the argument. I was the only one who thought so. When the rest heard what I said they knew I didn't have any comprehension so they just started avoiding me. While I walked around in my ignorance thinking I had won an argument. I didn't even find out about the demon. Until years later when I decided the only thing I had never tried was the bible. And I decided to believe everything I read the way it is written in the new testament. When I tried to believe I couldn't I found voices and feelings in me trying to stop me. So I just kept fighting them and saying I believe what is written. After a few years of doing that I got rid of that demon. But I went through a lot of suffering against him to make it. That is a spirit that he will have to fight on his own. no one else can cast it from him.

[Mat 17:21
21 "However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."
[Mar 9:29
29 So He said to them, "This kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting."
Yes, those verses from Matt and Mark are about those who were posessed by a demon/demons and they were about a person who did not have Jesus and the Holy Spirit abiding in him right? I agree with the Bible that men and women can absolutely be possessed by demons because there are many examples. Prayer to God for those chains to be broken and for the evil spirit to leave is often the only way those strong spirits can be made to leave because only the authority of Jesus can banish them. But it is good to know and I am very greatful for -
and this can be a big relief and reassurance - that all who have Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit abiding in them cannot be possessed by ANY spirit other than the Holy Spirit! Praise God! Because what evil spirit can have possession of a man/ woman if the Holy Spirit already dwells inside them!? None! Because this verse reassures us that as long as the Holy Spirit lives within us then no other Spirit may enter because the Holy Spirit is supremely stronger than any strongman/stronghold! No other Spirit can tie up the Holy Spirit and take what belongs to Him! Thank the Lord for that!

"Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. "Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can rob his house. "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters." Matt 12:25-30

And the same idea and story is also repeated in Mark 3:27 :)

daqq

I will read the Sermon on the Mount again, but from what I recall, Jesus was concerned with the behavior of individuals, not that of nations.

When you reread that passage, and you get to the section where he speaks of an eye for an eye, please note carefully what it says if you have not already noticed it before, "You have heard that it was said", (Mat5:38), and you may understand why many have a misunderstanding of that text. He is speaking about incorrect interpretations and misapplications of certain things taught about the Torah by other "houses", (like perhaps Shammai), and ancient ones or elders, (certain "traditions of the elders"), and not teaching against the Torah or attempting to overturn it. Many people read that statement and automatically assume it means that an eye for an eye is now abolished but that is not what is being said. The same or similar statement runs through the discourse, commencing at Mat5:21, ("You have heard that it was said by those of old time"). In the case of Mat5:38 it can easily be understood to be speaking of the teachings of Shammai, (because he does not mention those of old time).

Last edited: