Jewed

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Wow. You really are a bigoted donkey.Thanks for making that clear.

(So if the bible is quoted then that is bigotry.)

Why has the Jewish people been nationless?

(I prefer the term jack-, well you know. Sherman doesn't like it when blanks are used so I guess donkey will do for now.)

chair

Pretend you are in Babylon and sing us a song. Maybe we should bring back the musical chairs?

This is an insulting comment. And you know it. And we are not exactly "nationless" today. Perhaps our very existence bothers you.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
It is not bigotry.

Now for your comment

Jesus was carried on the colt of a donkey.

Your comment proves biblical ignorance on your part. As a Christian there can be no higher office then that if a jackass.

daqq

It is not bigotry.

Now for your comment

Your comment proves biblical ignorance on your part. As a Christian there can be no higher office then that if a jackass.

I try not to "butt in" too often but now you are the wounded one because "donkey" wasn't enough? This thread just keeps getting better and better! :rotfl:

Last edited:

chair

It is not bigotry.

Now for your comment

I admit only knowing the Christian "Bible" partially. Would you prefer that I refer to you as a "dog", like Jesus did?

And yes- it is bigotry. Read the verse in context, Mr. Bible Expert. It is the Babylonians laughing at the Jewish exiles.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I admit only knowing the Christian "Bible" partially. Would you prefer that I refer to you as a "dog", like Jesus did?

And yes- it is bigotry. Read the verse in context, Mr. Bible Expert. It is the Babylonians laughing at the Jewish exiles.

I'm not Babylonian. There were no Christians in Babylon at the time. The phrase means something totally different to us.

As to the dog thing. Jesus didn't coin the phrase. It is Tallmaic. A throughly racist lit class.

chair

I'm not Babylonian. There were no Christians in Babylon at the time. The phrase means something totally different to us.

As to the dog thing. Jesus didn't coin the phrase. It is Tallmaic. A throughly racist lit class.

So Jesus quoted the Talmud? Then he apparently agreed with it. There is a slight problem though, since Jesus lived before the Talmud existed.

Zeke

Isaiah 65:15
You will leave your name to my chosen ones as a curse;(Jew) the Sovereign LORD will put you to death, but to his servants he will give another name. (Christian)

Acts 11:26
and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

Paul was in Arabia according to Galatians 1:16-17, Acts 9:18-19, Acts 26:20, Galatians 1:18, Rome needed Paul to be baptized and follow their historic doctrinal road instead of the Galatians road of inner revelation. Acts is a spurious letter that has many stuck in mid stream.

daqq

Paul was in Arabia according to Galatians 1:16-17, Acts 9:18-19, Acts 26:20, Galatians 1:18, Rome needed Paul to be baptized and follow their historic doctrinal road instead of the Galatians road of inner revelation. Acts is a spurious letter that has many stuck in mid stream.

Perhaps rather than Acts being a "spurious letter" it simply is not yet understood according to the Ikonion twin city imagery typology laid out in the first journey. Everytime a city, town, or synagogue becomes divided in the text the "believing half" is given a new name by the writer. It just so happens that this ended up more often being the "Gentile half" regardless of where all of it actually took place in physical geographic terms, (for example Galaad might just become "Galatia" if one is so inclined to name it such in his Ikonion twin city imagery language, but the meanings of the names would therefore all have critical importance if one would truly desire to understand such thinking). Ah yes, the foolish things of God to confound the wisdom of man: They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation! :think:

O foolish Galaadites, who has bewitched you!?! :crackup:

dialm

BANNED
Banned
So Jesus quoted the Talmud? Then he apparently agreed with it. There is a slight problem though, since Jesus lived before the Talmud existed.

Didn't say Jesus quoted it. Said the dog comment was Talmadic. That means the priests and Levite snobs of His day were saying something negative about Gentiles. But don't worry I'm happy to be a dog. Let me tell you what kind of a dog I am.

We Christians are the lap dog of Jesus Christ. And if you get to close then we will certainly bite you as you very well know.

As to you insinuating knowledge of the Old Testament. I have had a few discussions with you in the past. You know very little about the Old Testsment. If you knew anything you would know the old saying-

"You meant it for evil but God meant it for good."

Let me interpret that for you-

When your kind were captives in Babylon the Babylonians meant the song singing for evil. But we Christians mean it for good. You don't want to sing. Fine.

As for your "nation". We Christians are allowing you to have a nation. But if we decide that it represents a false god in the form of a messiah then we will take the nation away. And there is nothing you can do about it.

Zeke

Perhaps rather than Acts being a "spurious letter" it simply is not yet understood according to the Ikonion twin city imagery typology laid out in the first journey. Everytime a city, town, or synagogue becomes divided in the text the "believing half" is given a new name by the writer. It just so happens that this ended up more often being the "Gentile half" regardless of where all of it actually took place in physical geographic terms, (for example Galaad might just become "Galatia" if one is so inclined to name it such in his Ikonion twin city imagery language, but the meanings of the names would therefore all have critical importance if one would truly desire to understand such thinking). Ah yes, the foolish things of God to confound the wisdom of man: They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation! :think:

O foolish Galaadites, who has bewitched you!?! :crackup:

I don't believe the Eternal, who I would presume is in a perfect state gets jealous, or surprised by the children in tombed in flesh, while they are exposed to those emotional tricksters as they journey through the mind's stumbling blocks to overcome the mental illusions inflicted by good and evil.

CherubRam

As for your "nation". We Christians are allowing you to have a nation. But if we decide that it represents a false god in the form of a messiah then we will take the nation away. And there is nothing you can do about it.

I have never given that any thought, but that is historically correct.

CherubRam

So you add what you want from your vain imagination into the passage and that is now what it means because the voice in your head told you it was so? Tisk, tisk. :nono: :shut:

God is speaking to the Jews through Isaiah, and so what are the people called? What name do they have that is used in curses? If you know the answer, then tell us? And also, what new name came about after the New Covenant for the people of God?

You will leave your name to my chosen ones as a curse;(Jew) the Sovereign LORD will put you to death, but to his servants he will give another name. (Christian)

CherubRam

The word “Jew” has become a negative connotation, which has led most people to conclude that it should not be utilized in polite conversation.
However, it is very interesting to note that it is the fulfillment of Isaiah 65:15, and even more interesting is the fact that no one is trying to fulfill that verse.

You will leave your name to my chosen ones as a curse; the Sovereign LORD will put you to death, but to his servants he will give another name.

You will leave your name for my chosen ones to use in their curses; the Sovereign LORD will put you to death, but to his servants he will give another name.

Negative connotations for the word “Jew.”
Jew.
Noun:

1. Someone of the Jewish persuasion.
2. A derogatory term for someone who is dishonest, miserly or generally regarded as not being a gentleman.

Verb:
1. To cheat, defraud, dishonest, demanding, liar, thief, sneaky.
2. To expend an excessive amount of time and effort to negotiate the lowest price for something when an ordinary person would be ashamed to do so.
3. An association with those who killed the Messiah. yehu'di or yehu'diy for Jew was used during the life of Jeremiah.

The word "Jew" (in Hebrew, "Yehudi") is derived from the name Judah, which was the name of one of Jacob's twelve sons.

For about two thousand years the word Jew has been used in a negative way.

daqq

God is speaking to the Jews through Isaiah, and so what are the people called? What name do they have that is used in curses? If you know the answer, then tell us? And also, what new name came about after the New Covenant for the people of God?

This is WHEAT -vs- TARES language, (not "Jews -vs- Gentiles"). When you arrive to this place, as the days of the heavens upon the earth, you will not need to ask me what you do now:

Isaiah 16:15-25 KJV
15. And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord God shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:
16. That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.
17. For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
20. There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
21. And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
22. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23. They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.
24. And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
25. The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

CherubRam

This is WHEAT -vs- TARES language, (not "Jews -vs- Gentiles"). When you arrive to this place, as the days of the heavens upon the earth, you will not need to ask me what you do now:

Isaiah 16:15-25 KJV
15. And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord God shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:
16. That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.
17. For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
20. There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
21. And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
22. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23. They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.
24. And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
25. The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

"call his servants by another name"

What people served God during the days of Isaiah? It was the Jews. After the Jews, what are people who serve God called?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
From the standpoint of a Calvinist it is impossible for a Christian to be 'Jewed'. This is a bad term. The Lord has promised to make everything right for the Elect.

What about Judeizer? It is impossible for the true church to be Judeized. So why did Paul sound out the warning? The warning is for those who would attempt to do it.

The poor Jewish people have been beaten down. To deny this is total ignorance. They are like us. They don't need a representation of God. They need God. A nation no matter how noble it may be can never replace God. Not even a messiah can replace God. We need God.

If God chooses to visit us as Messiah then so be it. We need Him in our visitation.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Another bigot. Know where to go.

Bigot- a person with a perspective or conviction that is contrary to politically correct bias

Yeah, you can spam that word all day. It has about as much an effect on me as a soybean in China.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Bigot- a person with a perspective or conviction that is contrary to politically correct bias

Yeah, you can spam that word all day. It has about as much an effect on me as a soybean in China.

Good point. When they can't win an argument they turn to name calling.