Jewed

Interplanner

We all need to remember that modern racism is a subdivision of determinism. Our universities school our kids in determinism; racism drips from that. That is why the universities are also so censorious and authoritarian. If you don't follow the uniformitarian and egalitarian orthodoxy you will be shamed and defeated. If you don't continue the hatred of the free market and minimal state government, then likewise. So they have a number of totalist positions about things, like about Jews and about climate change.

It is totally unrenewed for Christians to act the same way.

"There are only two races in the world: the kind and the unkind." V. Frankl, survivor of Dachau.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jew is a bad word.​

Stay away from Jews, and find some good Hebrew people instead.

Like this one?

Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Or maybe this one?

Act 21:39 But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus

dialm

BANNED
Banned
It is true that Jews did and still do reject Jesus. I also accept that it was God who ejected them from the land of Israel under the Romans.

But it was not primarily the rejection of Jesus that brought this about. It was the long history of rebellion that was only ever patchily overcome, of which the rejection of the Christ was just the culmination.

However, none of that is grounds for prejudice. Rather such matters should strike awe in us. As Paul says, if God rejected the original olive tree and instead grafted in the wild olive branches, then he can just as easily cut the wild ones off and reinstate the original ones. Which he will do if we get to be arrogant in the way the Israelites obviously were.
The judgement fell under the Romans and what happened after that down through the centuries happened because the Jews were without a proper home, defenceless and without status, not because God is still judging them. The Bible says that God still loves the Jews because of the fathers.
Our reaction as Christians should by no means be to join in with cursing but to show love and offer them salvation in Christ. This is the only true way they can ever come back to fellowship with God. This is the way that every Israelite will be saved and there is no other way. Supporting the nation that they now call their own is a way of showing this practical love but without Christ, their fellowship with God will remain purely historical.

You simply have to be kidding.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
It is exactly the kind of thing the author of this thread is complaining about. You want Calvinism for the Jews but you deny Calvanism to the Christians. And it only took 11 posting before you tried it.

Fat chance. Are you a choirboy or do you want to deny trying to do this?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Desert theology

totally ridiculous
unbelievably ignorant
lucky to make it up to the level of third grade
ignoble
jumpy

Very easy to figure out why. Desert theology says Israel has to be for all time because of their daddys.

Christians only have Jesus. That ain't good 'nough.

Did I spell that right? Let's c-

t
u
l
I
j

No. Guess not. Here give me have a 'nother chance

r
u
really
x
pecting
some
one
bi
dat?
desert t-Olody

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Don't feel bad. Here have my invitation to the camp fire sing along. Do you know the old desert anti Calvin song

Liar liar pants on fire?

I know. It ain't brilliant. But you don't have to be brilliant to be a desert choir boy.

daqq

Isaiah 65:15
You will leave your name to my chosen ones as a curse;(Jew) the Sovereign LORD will put you to death, but to his servants he will give another name. (Christian)

Acts 11:26
and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

It is difficult to be friends with Hebrews when you keep getting Jewed. :(

So you add what you want from your vain imagination into the passage and that is now what it means because the voice in your head told you it was so? Tisk, tisk. :nono: :shut:

daqq

Isaiah 65:1-5 KJV
1. I Am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.
2. I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;
3. A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick;
4. Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;
5. Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.

If one does not personalize it, individualize it, and then apply it to himself/herself, then how can the same ever expect to become a "member" of the whole House?

Once upon a thread, in the machinations of the vain imagination of his head, there was a covering cherub whose name was Bel-Ram. If and when the man ever does overcome he will receive from the Master a white stone of approval with a new name having been written therein. No doubt the name of the "old man" Bel-Ram will be left for a curse because that one is surely destined for the fire. :chuckle:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You are just continuing an ancient tradition of bigotry. How nice and Christian of you.

Not to be antisemitic, but people not liking Jews simply because they are Jews is pretty much a mythical claim. They have a way of fanning flames, which is largely overlooked in this era.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
“Yea, it hath been their good pleasure; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, they owe it to them also to minister unto them in carnal things.”
**Romans‬ *15:27‬ *ASV‬‬
http://bible.com/12/rom.15.27.asv