Jewed

CherubRam

The first place in the KJV that uses the term Jew, the Jews are at war with Israel.

Then Rezin king of Syria and Pekah son of Remaliah king of Israel came up to Jerusalem to war and they besieged Ahaz, but could not overcome him. At that time Rezin king of Syria recovered Elath to Syria and drave the Jews from Elath... (2 Kings 16:5-6 KJV)​

Remaliah was the king of Israel and Ahaz was the king of Judah and they were at war.

Jew is a modern English term for Judean.

chair

Beginning in the late 19th century, the term "Hebrew" was popular, but the government of Israel, replaced "Hebrew" with "Jew."

The facts are that "Hebrew" was originally a Biblical term for the early Israelites. The government of Israel did not replace "Hebrew with Jew". If you think otherwise- bring a source.
A Hebrew is a convert from present day Judaism to Christianity.
No. The term is used in Genesis 14:13, Genesis 39:14, Exodus 1:16 and dozens of times more in the "Old Testament" to refer to people who did not convert to Christianity- such a religion did not exist in their time.
Jews are associated with being sneaky and underhanded, besides being a member of secret society.
Yes, some bigots think that. But that does not make it true.

The Epistle to the Hebrews was probably written for Hebrew Christians.
The first Christians were in fact Jews. Christianity started out as a Jewish cult.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The first Christians were in fact Jews. Christianity started out as a Jewish cult.

Israel's covenant was given on Mt. Sinai on the Day of Pentecost. Jesus' covenant was given on the Day of Pentecost in 30 CE.

In addition to Israel's covenant there were statutes and judgments given as instructions to guide Israel in their day to day lives. For the most part Israel did not stay true to their instructions.

Therefore God gave a better covenant to the Jews concerning the Holy Spirit. It's this new covenant we need to heed.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Israel's covenant was given on Mt. Sinai on the Day of Pentecost. Jesus' covenant was given on the Day of Pentecost in 30 CE.

In addition to Israel's covenant there were statutes and judgments given as instructions to guide Israel in their day to day lives. For the most part Israel did not stay true to their instructions.

Therefore God gave a better covenant to the Jews concerning the Holy Spirit. It's this new covenant we need to heed.

Hebrews 8:2 KJV -

Hebrews 8:5 KJV -

Hebrews 8:6 KJV -

Hebrews 8:7 KJV -

Hebrews 8:8 KJV -

Hebrews 8:9 KJV -

Hebrews 8:10 KJV -

Hebrews 8:11 KJV -

Hebrews 8:12 KJV -

Hebrews 8:13 KJV -

Jews that reject Christ don't like reading that -

CherubRam

The facts are that "Hebrew" was originally a Biblical term for the early Israelites. The government of Israel did not replace "Hebrew with Jew". If you think otherwise- bring a source.

No. The term is used in Genesis 14:13, Genesis 39:14, Exodus 1:16 and dozens of times more in the "Old Testament" to refer to people who did not convert to Christianity- such a religion did not exist in their time.

Yes, some bigots think that. But that does not make it true.

In fulfillment of prophecy the term "Jew" became a curse word.

Isaiah 65:15
You will leave your name to my chosen ones as a curse; the Sovereign LORD will put you to death, but to his servants he will give another name.

The Parable of the Tenants
Luke 20

9. He went on to tell the people this parable: "A man planted a vineyard, rented it to some farmers and went away for a long time. 10. At harvest time he sent a servant to the tenants so they would give him some of the fruit of the vineyard. But the tenants beat him and sent him away empty-handed. 11. He sent another servant, but that one also they beat and treated shamefully and sent away empty-handed. 12. He sent still a third, and they wounded him and threw him out.
13. "Then the owner of the vineyard said, 'What shall I do? I will send my son, whom I love; perhaps they will respect him.' 14. "But when the tenants saw him, they talked the matter over. 'This is the heir,' they said. 'Let's kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.' 15. So they threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. "What then will the owner of the vineyard do to them? 16. He will come and kill those tenants and give the vineyard to others." When the people heard this, they said, "May this never be!" 17. Jesus looked directly at them and asked, "Then what is the meaning of that which is written:

" 'The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone? 18. Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces, and he on whom it falls will be crushed."

19. The teachers of the law and the chief priests looked for a way to arrest him immediately, because they knew he had spoken this parable against them. But they were afraid of the people.

CherubRam

Is a person a Jew if they no longer serve God's will, but their own will? No one tried to fulfill Isaiah 65:15, it just happened.

Revelation 2:9
I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Revelation 3:9
I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

Daniel1611

Or how about we quit judging people by race and ethnicity. Jews are no better or worse than anyone just because they are Jews. The only thing that matters is whether a person believes on Christ or not. That's the difference that matters.

CherubRam

You will leave your name to my chosen ones as a curse;[/B](Jew) the Sovereign LORD will put you to death, but to his servants he will give another name. (Christian)

Acts 11:26
and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

I am not the one who made the word "Jew" a curse word.

Danoh

You will leave your name to my chosen ones as a curse;(Jew) the Sovereign LORD will put you to death, but to his servants he will give another name. (Christian)

Acts 11:26
and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

Nope.

Isaiah has to do with Israel's transgression of the Law - Isaiah 1:

1. The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem [Israel] in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.

Deuteronomy 28:

1. And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2. And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
3. Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4. Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
5. Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
6. Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
7. The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
8. The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou
settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
9. The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.
10. And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.

15. But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
16. Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.
17. Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.
18. Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
19. Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
20. The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.
21. The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.
22. The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.

CherubRam

You are just continuing an ancient tradition of bigotry. How nice and Christian of you.

The word "bi Gott" means "of God." It is used to mean "religiously intolerant." I am only pointing out the fact that the word Jew is used as a curse word, and that it is the fulfillment of prophecy.

You will leave your name to my chosen ones as a curse;(Jew)

CherubRam

What world famous men have said about the Jews

CICERO (Marcus Tullius Cicero). First century B.C. Roman stateman, writer.
"Softly! Softly! I want none but the judges to hear me. The Jews have already gotten me into a fine mess, as they have many other gentleman. I have no desire to furnish further grist for their mills." (Oration in Defense of Flaccus)
Cicero was serving as defense counsel at the trial of Flaccus, a Roman official who interfered with Jewish gold shipments to their international headquarters (then, as now) in Jerusalem. Cicero himself certainly was not a nobody, and for one of this stature to have to "speak softly" shows that he was in the presence of a dangerously powerful sphere of influence.
And on another occasion Cicero wrote:
"The Jews belong to a dark and repulsive force. One knows how numerous this clique is, how they stick together and what power they exercise through their unions. They are a nation of rascals and deceivers."

SENECA (Lucius Annaeus Seneca). First century Roman philosopher.
"The customs of that most criminal nation have gained such strength that they have now been received in all lands. The conquered have giveN laws to the conquerors." (De Superstitione)

DIO CASSIUS. Second century Roman historian. Describing the savage Jewish uprising against the Roman empire that has been acknowledged as the turning point downward in the course of that great state-form:
"The Jews were destroying both Greeks and Romans. They ate the flesh of their victims, made belts for themselves out of their entrails, and daubed themselves with their blood... In all, 220,000 men perished in Cyrene and 240,000 in Cyprus, and for this reason no Jew may set foot in Cyprus today." (Roman History)

DIODORUS SICULUS. First century Greek historian.Observed that Jews treated other people as enemies and inferiors.
"Usury" is the practice of lending money at excessive interest rates. This has for centuries caused great misery and poverty for Gentiles. It has brought strong condemnation of the Jews!

BERNARDINO OF FELTRO. 15th century Italian priest. A mild man who extolled patience and charity in normal circumstances, he described himself as a "barking dog" when dealing with Jews:
"Jewish usurers bleed the poor to death and grow fat on their substance, and I who live on alms, who feed on the bread of the poor, shall I then be mute before outraged charity? Dogs bark to protect those who feed them, and I, who am feed by the poor, shall I see them robbed of what belongs to them and keep silent?" (E. Flornoy, Le Bienbeureux Bernardin the Feltre)

AQUINAS, THOMAS, Saint. 13th century scholastic philosopher. In his "On the Governance of the Jews," he wrote:
"The Jews should not be allowed to keep what they have obtained from others by usury; it were best that they were compelled to worked so that they could earn their living instead of doing nothing but becoming avaricious."

CherubRam

HILAIRE BELLOC, in the book THE JEWS, page 9
"There is already something like a Jewish monopoly in high finance ... There is the same element of Jewish monopoly in the silver trade, and in the control of various other metals, notably lead, nickel, quicksilver. What is most disquieting of all, this tendency to monopoly is spreading like a disease."

H. H. BEAMISH, in New York Speech, October 30, 1937
"The Boer War occurred 37 years ago. Boer means farmer. Many criticized a great power like Britain for trying to wipe out the Boers. Upon making inquiry, I found all the gold and diamond mines of South Africa were owned by Jews; that Rothschild controlled gold; Samuels controlled silver, Baum controlled other mining, and Moses controlled base metals. Anything these people touch they inevitably pollute."

W. HUGHES, Premier of Australia, Saturday Evening Post, June 19, 1919
"The Montefiores have taken Australia for their own, and there is not a gold field or a sheep run from Tasmania to New South Wales that does not pay them a heavy tribute. They are the real owners of the antipodean continent. What is the good of our being a wealthy nation, if the wealth is all in the hands of German Jews?"

POPE CLEMENT VIII
"All the world suffers from the usury of the Jews, their monopolies and deceit. They have brought many unfortunate people into a state of poverty, especially the farmers, working class people and the very poor.
Then as now Jews have to be reminded intermittently anew that they were enjoying rights in any country since they left Palestine and the Arabian desert, and subsequently their ethical and moral doctrines as well as their deeds rightly deserve to be exposed to criticism in whatever country they happen to live."

NESTA WEBSTER, In World Revolution, The Plot against Civilazation, page 163
"Since the earliest times it is as the exploiter that the Jew has been known amongst his fellow men of all races and creeds. Moreover, he has persistently shown himself ungrateful... The Jews have always formed a rebellious element in every state."

FRANZ LISZT, famed composer quoted in Col. E. N. Sanctuary's Are These Things So?, page 278
"The day will come when all nations amidst which the Jews are dwelling will have to raise the question of their wholesale expulsion, a question which will be one of life or death, good health or chronic disease, peaceful existence or perpetual social fever."

JESUS CHRIST, speaking to the Jews in the Gospel of St. John, VIII:44
"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lust of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is not truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar and the father of it. - then answered the Jews - "
(It's clear that Christ was addressing the Jews.)

MARTIN LUTHER, Table Talk of Martin Luther, translated by William Hazlet, page 43
"But the Jews are so hardened that they listen to nothing; though overcome by testimonies they yield not an inch. It is a pernicious race, oppressing all men by their usury and rapine. If they give a prince or magistrate a thousand florins, they extort twenty thousand from the subjects in payment. We must ever keep on guard against them."

Interplanner

And yet the final position of the Bible is that no background or ethnos is wholesale or automatically in or out. So the Gospel is still to be preached to all so that they can decide whether to be in Christ.

CherubRam

And yet the final position of the Bible is that no background or ethnos is wholesale or automatically in or out. So the Gospel is still to be preached to all so that they can decide whether to be in Christ.

Correct, the message is for all peoples of the world.