Jesus is God.

lifeisgood

Yes, it was prophesied in the old testament, but he didn't go through that to save you or me but to overcome Satan in his flesh and do what Adam couldn't do.

Satan had/has absolutely NOTHING to do with Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

He overcame the world and showed us the way back to God through his life, we are saved by his life.

If you are saved by his life, then why did He stopped at nothing to finish His mission at the Cross of Calvary.

Had Jesus the Christ said, "I will not finish my mission and will not go to the Cross of Calvary" there is no salvation for anybody.

I must go now, I have family visiting, I'm not being ignorant of I don't answer you.

NP.

marhig

Before I go, I thought of this

This is Stephen just before he was stoned

Acts 7

Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

That law was, thou shalt not kill

Right I'm definitely gone

Cross Reference

In Mark 2:28, Jesus calls himself the “Lord of the Sabbath.” In Matthew 22:41-45, he proves that he is the Lord of the prophet David. In John 8:39-58, Jesus says that he has seen the prophet Abraham. In Matthew 12:6, Jesus claims to be greater than God’s Temple.
Why didn't Jesus go the whole route and call Himself "almighty God" or "Prince of peace" or "Everlasting Father"?

lifeisgood

He certainly did finish it he overcame Satan and won him on his own ground,

You, like the ancient Jews of Jesus' day are giving power to Satan and denigrating Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary saying that because of Satan Jesus died. That is blasphemy.

The sad part is that you have been indoctrinated to not see it.

and now he's helping me to overcome him too

Not if you think that Jesus was subservient to Satan's desire. You're all on your own.

Ps, it would be great if you can show me the scripture where it says that we are saved by having faith in the work that Jesus done on the cross... Thanks

Jesus said, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."

Why did Jesus say that? Because Satan DID NOT want Jesus to go to the Cross of Calvary. Why? Because Jesus the Christ AND His finished work on the Cross of Calvary is the power of God unto salvation. They are one and the same. You cannot separate the two.

What was the concern Jesus was talking about? I, Jesus the Christ, have to go to the Cross of Calvary there paying the debt mankind owe God and mankind cannot pay.

Apart from the CROSS, I could have absolutely NO LIFE. Before I was saved I was dead in sins and trespasses (Eph. 2:1) and I was separated from the life of God (Eph. 4:18).

How can God remain righteous and holy and completely forgive and pardon the guilty sinner? How is this possible? The CROSS made this possible.

God provided a SAVIOR (Luke 2:10-11).
This SAVIOR became my SUBSTITUTE and took my place.
My SUBSTITUTE became a SACRIFICE when He died on the CROSS for me.
Because of the SAVIOR, the SUBSTITUTE, and the SACRIFICE, I can become a saint (a set apart and saved person)!

Now, instead of judging me, God can forgive me because He already judged His Son when Christ DIED on the CROSS for the sin of the world. The CROSS makes it possible for God to judge sin and at the same time justify the sinner.

The Cross makes it possible for God to accept me in Christ Jesus and to make me acceptable (Ephesians 1:6).

"For He (God the Father) hath made Him (Jesus Christ the Savior) to be sin for us (He became the sinner’s Substitute), who knew no sin (Christ had no sin Himself but He died for our sins), that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him (Christ)" (2 Corinthians 5:21).

When a person believes on Christ, the righteousness of God is put to that person's account (Romans 4:5).

Now, you can accept Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary as God's ONLY way to get to His kingdom or you can reject Him and what He did and make Him subservient to Satan and present the works of your hands which have already been rejected.

lifeisgood

Before I go, I thought of this

This is Stephen just before he was stoned

Acts 7

Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

That law was, thou shalt not kill

Right I'm definitely gone

Was Stephen speaking about you or to you?

lifeisgood

I think you need to go back to when men tried to work out who Jesus was around a table 300 or so users after Jesus lived discussing whether he was God, and then deciding he was God and then adding the holy spirit in at a later date. To see who's been bewitched

What's you talking about?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I accept what the Torah teaches me,
And what does the Torah teach you to do when your temple is smashed into a billion pieces and never rebuilt for 2,000 years? Huh? Does it have a section in there for if that happens? Because that happened, and it's still happening, what does the Torah teach you to do? Do you get the sense that maybe Yahweh has abandoned you? Why has He permitted there being no temple all this time?

Meanwhile the Church knows that we are the temple of Yahweh now. We are a living temple, each of us being living stones.
and that is that God is one.
The Holy Trinity, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, is One.
NOWHERE is it written that God is a trinity.
Except where it is written.
It's a lie made up by men.
Nope.
No way I'll ever accept that.
Your loss. And, our loss too.
One is one and three is three. Three is not one, and one is not three.
Relevance being?
1 + 1 + 2, and not 1.
:confused:
So if you have a "God the Father", and a "god the son", then you have TWO (2) gods, and not one.
Nope. You don't understand the Trinity. The Church does, and you do not.
Therefore the Christians are polytheists and idol worshippers.
Nope.
"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19
That happened already. Most Gentile paganisms have become extinct, and it was because of the Church.

lifeisgood

There were no Greek or Hebrew scholars on the New World Translation team.
It was strictly a "copy-and-paste" excerpts from any of the many versions that already existed.
They used the KJV for about 100 years, but it presented too many "problems" for their anti-trinitarian theology.

NWT translators were: Nathan Knorr, Albert Schroeder, George Gangas, Fred Franz, M. Henschel

-"Fred Franz however, was the only one with sufficient knowledge of the Bible languages to attempt translation of this kind. He had studied Greek for two years in the University of Cincinnati but was only self-taught in Hebrew." ["Crisis of Conscience"; by Raymond Franz; Commentary Press, Atlanta; 1983 edition; footnote 15; page 50.]

-Four out of the five men on the committee had no Hebrew or Greek training at all. They had only a high school education. Franz studied Greek for two years at the University of Cincinnati, but dropped out after his sophomore year. When asked in a Scotland courtroom if he could translate Genesis 2:4 into Hebrew, Franz replied that he could not. The truth is that Franz was unable to translate Hebrew or Greek.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

There is only ONE God who IS ONE, and that is Y-H-W-H. Besides Him there is no God.

“This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no god.
Isaiah 44:6
Yahweh is One.

Yahweh is the Most Holy and Most Blessed and Undivided Trinity; the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

beameup

Does someone here believe that Jesus died on a cross so we can carry on sinning? I don't think I've heard anybody claim this.
What specifically do you mean by "carry on sinning"?

The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick [wicked]
Who can understand it? - Jeremiah 17:9

Cross Reference

Because He came for a mission. The mission of the Cross. He came for nothing else.

Oh, but He did and completed the task set before Him:

"I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. . . . . ."
John 17:4-5 (ESV)

Now you need to figure two things: 1. What that work Jesus was given to do and 2. Who it was that came down off the mount to die on the cross as to whether it was God or man.

Dear Life, Think about this much before you give reasoning to support whichever way you lean, OK?

lifeisgood

Oh, but He did and completed the task set before Him:

"I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. . . . . ."
John 17:4-5 (ESV)

Now you need to figure two things: 1. What that work Jesus was given to do and 2. Who it was that came down off the mount to die on the cross as to whether it was God or man.

Dear Life, Think about this much before you give reasoning to support whichever way you lean, OK?

His mission was the Cross. He came for nothing else. He was so committed to the work of the Cross of Calvary that He could call it done, even though its conclusion was a little later.

He carried out the will of God in all things: He revealed the Father (Matt. 11:27); He was a ransom for many (Matt. 20:28);He served (Matt. 20:28);He saved the world (John 3:17; Luke 19:10);He preached the good news of the kingdom of God (Luke 4:43);He brought division (Luke 12:51);He did the will of the Father (John 6:38);He gave the Father's words (John 17:8);He testified to the truth (John 18:37);He died and destroyed Satan's power (Heb. 2:14);He destroyed the devil's works (1 John 3:8);He fulfilled the Law and the Prophets (Matt. 5:17);He gave life (John 10:10,28);He tasted death for everyone (Heb. 2:9);He became the high priest (Heb. 2:17);He atoned for sin (Heb. 2:17);He proclaimed freedom for believers (Luke 4:18);He proclaimed the year of the Lord's favor (Luke 4:19);He brought judgment (John 9:39);He took away the sin of the world (1 John 3:5);He preached (Mark 1:38);He called sinners (Mark 2:17);He is true (1 John 5:20)

For me, the one who came down the mount was the God-Man Jesus the Christ.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bad assumption friend, God can delegate power to any one he wishes to.

Did you forget that the Father was pleased that his son had his fullness?

That means his is Son is a form of his Father, but yet not his Father. His son took the form of man by residing in Jesus, the body PREPARED for him. The true son is a spirit. Jesus is the pure flesh son of God.

Mat_28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Only God creates!

Cross Reference

His mission was the Cross. He came for nothing else. He was so committed to the work of the Cross of Calvary that He could call it done, even though its conclusion was a little later.

He carried out the will of God in all things: He revealed the Father (Matt. 11:27); He was a ransom for many (Matt. 20:28);He served (Matt. 20:28);He saved the world (John 3:17; Luke 19:10);He preached the good news of the kingdom of God (Luke 4:43);He brought division (Luke 12:51);He did the will of the Father (John 6:38);He gave the Father's words (John 17:8);He testified to the truth (John 18:37);He died and destroyed Satan's power (Heb. 2:14);He destroyed the devil's works (1 John 3:8);He fulfilled the Law and the Prophets (Matt. 5:17);He gave life (John 10:10,28);He tasted death for everyone (Heb. 2:9);He became the high priest (Heb. 2:17);He atoned for sin (Heb. 2:17);He proclaimed freedom for believers (Luke 4:18);He proclaimed the year of the Lord's favor (Luke 4:19);He brought judgment (John 9:39);He took away the sin of the world (1 John 3:5);He preached (Mark 1:38);He called sinners (Mark 2:17);He is true (1 John 5:20)

For me, the one who came down the mount was the God-Man Jesus the Christ.

That is conjectured reasoning because when Jesus made the pronouncement He had finished absolutely everything He was given to do this side of Glory or else He could not have crossed over. The cross, for the enablement for man to bear his own cross was no doubt, that which was much discussed with Moses and Elijah that would later prove to be the reason why, when His last night in the garden, prayed as of great drops of blood for the fear of it all manifesting itself from within Him. Jesus feared He would not make it through.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Why didn't Jesus go the whole route and call Himself "almighty God" or "Prince of peace" or "Everlasting Father"?

Because a true King of Kings knows that true authority isn't usurped, but instead bestowed out of Love and Respect.

If I could show you using the entire bible, would you care?

And if so, what translation do you trust?

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary