Jesus is God.

Cross Reference

B
ecause a true King of Kings knows that true authority isn't usurped, but instead bestowed out of Love and Respect.

If I could show you using the entire bible, would you care?

And if so, what translation do you trust?

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

In other words, Jesus, though with the promise to become, had not yet be sufficiently "respectable"] of the Father, legaliy speaking] for glorification? More testing would be forthcoming to satisfy all concerned-involved? I never thought of it that way and certainly makes sense considering the battle in the heavenlies.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
In other words, Jesus, though with the promise to become, had not yet be sufficiently "respectable"] of the Father, legaliy speaking] for glorification? More testing would be forthcoming to satisfy all concerned-involved? I never thought of it that way and certainly makes sense considering the battle in the heavenlies.

Fair enough. Do you except Paul as a sincere messenger of God and a particular translation to be trustworthy for defining this matter?

Sent from my iPad using TOL Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

marhig

His mission was the Cross. He came for nothing else. He was so committed to the work of the Cross of Calvary that He could call it done, even though its conclusion was a little later.

He carried out the will of God in all things: He revealed the Father (Matt. 11:27); He was a ransom for many (Matt. 20:28);He served (Matt. 20:28);He saved the world (John 3:17; Luke 19:10);He preached the good news of the kingdom of God (Luke 4:43);He brought division (Luke 12:51);He did the will of the Father (John 6:38);He gave the Father's words (John 17:8);He testified to the truth (John 18:37);He died and destroyed Satan's power (Heb. 2:14);He destroyed the devil's works (1 John 3:8);He fulfilled the Law and the Prophets (Matt. 5:17);He gave life (John 10:10,28);He tasted death for everyone (Heb. 2:9);He became the high priest (Heb. 2:17);He atoned for sin (Heb. 2:17);He proclaimed freedom for believers (Luke 4:18);He proclaimed the year of the Lord's favor (Luke 4:19);He brought judgment (John 9:39);He took away the sin of the world (1 John 3:5);He preached (Mark 1:38);He called sinners (Mark 2:17);He is true (1 John 5:20)

For me, the one who came down the mount was the God-Man Jesus the Christ.

Quote: His mission was the Cross. He came for nothing else.

What??... where does it say that in the Bible? He came for so much more! That's not true. His whole purpose was to come to bare witness to the truth

This is Jesus, talking to Pilate

John 18

Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

And what about preaching the gospel, didn't come to do that? Bringing us the word of God, to heal, to bring us from darkness into you light, from death to life and save those who believe in him. Wasn't he the light to the world? Naturally, when we're in complete darkness we see nothing and stumble and fall, but when were in daylight we see clearly and we are able to get around and see the our way. And Jesus lit up our hearts to show us the true way to God, which is to have faith, love God with all our hearts, then deny ourselves, take up our crosses and follow him. And by the grace of God he will strengthen us and guide us through the spirit.

He didn't tell his desciples to go into the world and preach the cross to every creature, he told them to preach the gospel. The whole gospel!

Jesus reading from the book of Isaiah

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised
To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

He then said, "This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears."

He did so much more than die on the cross!

He came to bring us love, forgiveness, bring life and rescue us from death, to be a light in the darkness to both Jews and gentiles, to bring the truth, to save us from Satan he is the only way and we who are his will repent have faith and we will follow him and obey him, because we hear his voice and love him. And we will walk the walk suffer as he suffered, and be doers of the word and not hearers only, because we love God and Christ will strengthen us because he has overcome the world and he will help us to do the same.

marhig

You, like the ancient Jews of Jesus' day are giving power to Satan and denigrating Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary saying that because of Satan Jesus died. That is blasphemy.

The sad part is that you have been indoctrinated to not see it.

Not if you think that Jesus was subservient to Satan's desire. You're all on your own.

Jesus said, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."

Why did Jesus say that? Because Satan DID NOT want Jesus to go to the Cross of Calvary. Why? Because Jesus the Christ AND His finished work on the Cross of Calvary is the power of God unto salvation. They are one and the same. You cannot separate the two.

What was the concern Jesus was talking about? I, Jesus the Christ, have to go to the Cross of Calvary there paying the debt mankind owe God and mankind cannot pay.

Apart from the CROSS, I could have absolutely NO LIFE. Before I was saved I was dead in sins and trespasses (Eph. 2:1) and I was separated from the life of God (Eph. 4:18).

How can God remain righteous and holy and completely forgive and pardon the guilty sinner? How is this possible? The CROSS made this possible.

God provided a SAVIOR (Luke 2:10-11).
This SAVIOR became my SUBSTITUTE and took my place.
My SUBSTITUTE became a SACRIFICE when He died on the CROSS for me.
Because of the SAVIOR, the SUBSTITUTE, and the SACRIFICE, I can become a saint (a set apart and saved person)!

Now, instead of judging me, God can forgive me because He already judged His Son when Christ DIED on the CROSS for the sin of the world. The CROSS makes it possible for God to judge sin and at the same time justify the sinner.

The Cross makes it possible for God to accept me in Christ Jesus and to make me acceptable (Ephesians 1:6).

"For He (God the Father) hath made Him (Jesus Christ the Savior) to be sin for us (He became the sinner’s Substitute), who knew no sin (Christ had no sin Himself but He died for our sins), that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him (Christ)" (2 Corinthians 5:21).

When a person believes on Christ, the righteousness of God is put to that person's account (Romans 4:5).

Now, you can accept Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary as God's ONLY way to get to His kingdom or you can reject Him and what He did and make Him subservient to Satan and present the works of your hands which have already been rejected.

Of course it's because of Satan that Jesus died, he was in the people that killed Jesus. God foreknew what would happen to him and it was foretold in the old testament, but it wasn't God in the hearts of those who crucified him, only Satan murders, God brings life. Those men didn't have God in their hearts at all, did the men who stoned Stephen have God in their hearts? No they were full of Satan, just like those who were behind the crucifixion of Jesus!

Thou shalt not kill, means just that!

What about this, this is what Jesus said himself about them.

John 8

I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Those who crucified Jesus were murderers, and they did the work of their father the devil! God brings life not death, the only death God wants is death to sin.

Cross Reference

Fair enough. Do you except Paul as a sincere messenger of God and a particular translation to be trustworthy for defining this matter?

I certainly accept Paul, however, the translations would be contingent upon how subjective-objective they come across.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is God.

I certainly accept Paul, however, the translations would be contingent upon how subjective-objective they come across.

Fair.

Go to the Greek interlinear for this one. Just google the book and chapter and add greèk interlinear. (1 Cor 10 Greèk Interlinear)

It will show you the Greek to English.

Read 1 Cor 10 in verses 1-4 only.

Focus on verses 1 - 4 only

Note that it references the cloud?

Note the verbiage "baptism by"

My question for this isn't about the cloud yet, but for the specification of what group of ancestors was under or baptized in the cloud?

If you answer back we will proceed.

Cross Reference

Fair.

Go to the Greek interlinear for this one. Just google the book and chapter and add greèk interlinear. (1 Cor 10 Greèk Interlinear)

It will show you the Greek to English.

Read 1 Cor 10 in verses 1-4 only.

Focus on verses 1 - 4 only

Note that it references the cloud?

Note the verbiage "baptism by"

My question for this isn't about the cloud yet, but for the specification of what group of ancestors was under or baptized in the cloud?

If you answer back we will proceed.

My answer: the children of Israel.

keypurr

Well :duh: then that makes the Son of God, God, doesn't it
Nope, only if you do not know what the word God means.

The son of the President is not the President.

The son of the King is not the King.

The name of the most high is YHWH.

I pray that you can see what I am saying to you. Jesus Christ is the son of the most high. That does not make him God.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope, only if you do not know what the word God means.

The son of the President is not the President.

The son of the King is not the King.

The name of the most high is YHWH.

I pray that you can see what I am saying to you. Jesus Christ is the son of the most high. That does not make him God.

Keypurr, Can you explain the verses? When you have a proper understanding it is easy. It is when you do not understand that it becomes difficult.

John 1:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Word Becomes Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

keypurr

Keypurr, Can you explain the verses? When you have a proper understanding it is easy. It is when you do not understand that it becomes difficult.

John 1:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Word Becomes Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
I have already explained these verses to you BR. The express image is a form of God or "a" god.

Jesus Christ is the Christ of God. The anointed of God.

You do not have the proper understanding BR. Follow the crowd but remember many are called but few are chosen.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have already explained these verses to you BR. The express image is a form of God or "a" god.

Jesus Christ is the Christ of God. The anointed of God.

You do not have the proper understanding BR. Follow the crowd but remember many are called but few are chosen.

What do the verses say? Jesus is the Word. The Word is God. Pretty simple. You have to really twist scripture to see that Jesus is anyone else but God.

keypurr

What do the verses say? Jesus is the Word. The Word is God. Pretty simple. You have to really twist scripture to see that Jesus is anyone else but God.
I Don't see it the way you do. I see the logos as the express image of the Father, a spirit. It is not me that has twisted God's scriptures it was the early church fathers. I have dealt with it, you have not. As I told you friend, follow the crowd and see where it goes, I will follow my Lord to his God.