Jesus is God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That is when he became the Christ and received the power and wisdom of his Father. That is the start of the 69th week in Dan 9.

Jesus' anointing was to fulfill Psalm 110:4. Jesus needed to be 30 years old to be anointed as Priest of the Most High.

keypurr

Paul said Christ brought Israel out of Egypt. (1 Corinthians 10:4)

not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt because they did not continue in My covenant and I disregarded them, says the LORD. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts and I will be their God and they shall be My people. (Hebrews 8:9-10)​

We agree that the rock was Christ, but Christ was not Jesus. Christ is the spiritual Son, the express spirit. Jesus was born to Mary years later. Christ was active in the OT.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We agree that the rock was Christ, but Christ was not Jesus. Christ is the spiritual Son, the express spirit. Jesus was born to Mary years later. Christ was active in the OT.

Do you believe Jesus was baptized for the remission of sin?

keypurr

I agree. Do you believe Jesus had the Holy Spirit from birth?
Again that's questionable because it was given to him at his anointing. But he was special as he taught in the temple as a child. That can not be overlooked. What bothers me is if he had it why did he need it again? Sometimes when we ask questions we end up with more questions.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Again that's questionable because it was given to him at his anointing. But he was special as he taught in the temple as a child. That can not be overlooked. What bothers me is if he had it why did he need it again? Sometimes when we ask questions we end up with more questions.

Like John, Jesus had the Holy Spirit from birth which is why he had the power to resist sin even though he was tempted in all points just as we are. (Hebrews 4:15)

Paul explained that a person without the Holy Spirit is not subject to the law nor can be subject. (Romans 8:6-7)

keypurr

Like John, Jesus had the Holy Spirit from birth which is why he had the power to resist sin even though he was tempted in all points just as we are. (Hebrews 4:15)

Paul explained that a person without the Holy Spirit is not subject to the law nor can be subject. (Romans 8:6-7)
Thanks for the input, I will check the verses when I get a chance. It's an interesting topic to consider.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

There are two anointings.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

LA

keypurr

yep, he was just a sinless man.

If the Law is in our hearts we will not break the Law. We worship in the spirit of the Law, obedience to the God we love for he loved us first. The Law is simple, for us to show Love for all. First to God then to man.

keypurr

There are two anointings.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

LA

I see only one anointing LA. Why would anyone need more that one anointing?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see only one anointing LA. Why would anyone need more that one anointing?

Because Jesus was the word MADE flesh before He was anointed with power.

Same goes for the close disciples of Jesus, who were ministered the Word from Jesus before being anointed with power on the day of Pentecost.

and if you can receive it, the two prophets of Rev.ch 11 are those two anointings, both of which are represented by the two angels in the most Holy Place which are Gabriel (the word) and Michael (the power of creation)

Act 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,

Act 4:30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If the Law is in our hearts we will not break the Law. We worship in the spirit of the Law, obedience to the God we love for he loved us first. The Law is simple, for us to show Love for all. First to God then to man.

And it is the Holy Spirit that causes the law to be in our heart and to overcome our proclivity to sin. No human is a son of God without God's Spirit.

KingdomRose

The Lord Jesus Christ said he was.

He did not. There is no scripture that shows that he claimed to be God. None. I am STILL waiting for someone to explain how the following verses show that Jesus is God.

John 5:19,30

John 6:38

John 8:28,29

John 12:49,50

John 14:24,28

John 17:3

John 20:17

At least explain how they do NOT show that Jesus is subordinate to the Father, God.

:D Thank you.

KingdomRose

There are good cases that "Jesus is God."

"The Word was God" (John 1:1). "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory" (John 1:14).

"Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" (John 20:28).

See the thread "The Anarthrous God of John 1:1," post #7 for a scholarly explanation of John 1:1. The Apostle John DIFFERENTIATED between "the" god and god without the article.

Thomas' words, if taken to mean that he was addressing Jesus directly, contradict dozens of other scriptures. It's sad when you have to take AMBIGUOUS verses to prove your erroneous doctrine....verses that are not clear or that could be interpreted more than one way. Especially since there are MANY verses that clearly show that Jesus never considered himself to be God.

Explain how these verses do not show that Jesus is subordinate to the Father, God:

John 5:19,30

John 6:38

John 8:28,29

John 12:49,50

John 14:24,28

John 17:3

John 20:17

Prizebeatz1

Jesus is God.

yep, he was just a sinless man.

What about love your neighbor as yourself? If we don't love ourselves then how can we love our neighbors? And if we don't know true unconditional love but rather that which depends on the intensity of our beliefs or the quality of our ability to live up to an image of being like Jesus for example, then how can we genuinely honor the commandment?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL