Jesus is God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Read Acts 10:38 again. What do you think the POWER is that he received?

What is the power of God? It's what caused Mary to become pregnant. Luke wrote, "And the angel answered and said to her, 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Highest will overshadow you, therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.'" (Luke 1:35)

The Holy Spirit is the power of the Highest. This same power was given to the Twelve. (Acts 1:8)

We abide in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

You claim Jesus was not given the Holy Spirit until he was 30 years old, but Luke says Jesus was born the Son of God. A person without the Holy Spirit is not a son of God. (Romans 8:14)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The son of God is the Son of God, not God.

The son of a human is human. God is a generic term (elohim) and can be singular or plural depending on the context.

Jesus was born of woman and then born again of the Spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do not base your faith on one verse that you fail to realize was written 40 years after the fact. And never trust the KJV or the NKJV to give you all truth.

The son of God is the Son of God, not God.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app
Luke 2:11 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

NASB. Is the verse true or is it a lie

keypurr

Luke 2:11 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

NASB. Is the verse true or is it a lie

Sure is true, but he was not Anointed at his birth. He did not get anointed until he was thirty. So he was not the anointed until he was anointed. The word Christ I believe means anointed.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

The son of a human is human. God is a generic term (elohim) and can be singular or plural depending on the context.

Jesus was born of woman and then born again of the Spirit.
The word God is a position, like a President, Senator.

The son of God is not God, the son of the President is not the President. The true Son of God is spirit like his creator Father.

keypurr

What is the power of God? It's what caused Mary to become pregnant. Luke wrote, "And the angel answered and said to her, 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Highest will overshadow you, therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.'" (Luke 1:35)

The Holy Spirit is the power of the Highest. This same power was given to the Twelve. (Acts 1:8)

We abide in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

You claim Jesus was not given the Holy Spirit until he was 30 years old, but Luke says Jesus was born the Son of God. A person without the Holy Spirit is not a son of God. (Romans 8:14)
Did you not just read that he received the HS at his anointing? Are you questioning Acts 10:38?

If he had the HS before then why did he need it given to him agsin? ??? I see the HS as the power that the Father uses. Jesus was born through the HS. There are many questions yet unanswered my friend.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope, sample this:

The President was born in Boston. Does that mean that he was born as the President?

The President was not born President. Jesus was God come in the flesh. Huge difference!

John 1:14New King James Version (NKJV)

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Study the verse and tell me what you come up with.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The President was not born President. Jesus was God come in the flesh. Huge difference!

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

You are stretching the truth.:think:

keypurr

Wrong again, God sent his son, not himself.

The true Son is the express image in Heb 1:3. This is what became flesh by dwelling in Jesus. This son came with the power of the father. He is a FORM of God, not God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope, God is God and Lord is Lord.

Paul said Christ brought Israel out of Egypt. (1 Corinthians 10:4)

not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt because they did not continue in My covenant and I disregarded them, says the LORD. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts and I will be their God and they shall be My people. (Hebrews 8:9-10)​