Jesus is God.

Prizebeatz1

Jesus' repeated claims to divinity cannot be negated.

Yes Jesus was divine but we often are so focused on this that we fail to see our own divinity. The adversary loves this recipe because it blinds us. We cannot see our own infinite value and worth because we are turned around looking for it somewhere else other than where it is which is inside us. We grab and reach and try to replace our self-worth with Jesus' divinity instead. It cannot be done no matter how hard we try because it is not Jesus' worth that will satisfy our desires but our own.

Last edited:

Prizebeatz1

You think you can be a god? :rolleyes: Ge 3:5

Please don't get it twisted. The message is that WE ARE ONE WITH WHAT IS INFINITE AND ETERNAL because of the soul. It's the personality that thinks it can be a god through judging everything around it. It refuses to quit biting the fruit because that is the only way it can avoid being absorbed by that which is infinite and eternal. Watch how viscously it avoids this.

KingdomRose

1 John 5.18 – 19

οιδαμεν οτι πας ο γεγεννημενος εκ του θεου ουχ αμαρτανει αλλ ο γεννηθεις εκ του θεου τηρει αυτον και ο πονηρος ουχ απτεται αυτου οιδαμεν οτι εκ του θεου εσμεν και ο κοσμος ολος εν τω πονηρω κειται

Oidamen hoti pas ho gegennēmenos ek tou Theou ouch hamartanei all' ho gennētheis ek tou Theou tērei auton kai ho ponēros ouch haptetai autou oidamen hoti ek tou Theou esmen kai ho kosmos holos en tō ponērō keitai

We know that everyone being born from God does not sin, but The One having been born from God guards him, and The Evil One does not touch him. We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies in the power of The Evil One.

This passage, in 1 John 5, informs the reader that Satan (the Evil One) cannot do anything to the people of God.

Juxtaposed to this very succinct proclamation of The Devil’s impotence, is the assertion that the entire world is subjected to his ‘power’ (i.e. demons, as proclaimed throughout scripture).

Clearly, Satan is bound….but his demons are not.

Simple Biblical truth.

Satan is not bound YET. He is very busy. He cannot control true believers, but he clearly rules the WORLD. You quoted it yourself.

You didn't make your point AT ALL. What possible reason would there be for you to think Satan is not able to influence the world?

KingdomRose

Jesus would have rebuked the man if his assertion of deity was misplaced....but He did not.

Yes he did. He said that no one is good except God. God is the Father, the one Jesus called "the only true God" (John 17:3) and "my God" (John 20:17).

Elia

Jesus' repeated claims to divinity cannot be negated.

Bs"d

The repeated claims of David Koresh to divinity can also not be negated.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Elia

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Bs"d

"Behold, the days are coming,” says Y-H-W-H,
“That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness;
A King shall reign and prosper,
And execute judgement and righteousness in the earth.
In His days Judah will be saved,
And Israel will dwell safely;
Now this is His name by which He will be called:
Y-H-W-H is our righteousness."

"A king shall reign and prosper".

Was the Christian messiah a king? Did he reign and prosper?

"And execute judgement and righteousness in the earth."

Did the Christian messiah execute judgement and righteousness in the earth?

"In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell safely;"

Were Judah and Israel saved and dwelling safely in the days of the Christian messiah?

"Y-H-W-H is our righteousness."

Was the name of the Christian messiah "Y-H-W-H is our righteousness"?

So what we have here is yet another messianic prophecy, NOT fulfilled by the Christian messiah.

So what we have here is yet another proof that he was not the messiah.

Does the name "Y-H-W-H is our righteousness" indicate that the messiah is God?

No.

A name is only that; a name. A name is not a description of the bearer of that name. An example: Buffalo Bill was not a buffalo. The indian chief Sitting Bull was not a bull.
Many times people in the Bible have in their name the word "God", or the name of God, but that doesn't mean that those people are God. For instance; in Exodus 6:23 is spoken about a man called "Elazar". That means "God is a helper", or "Helping God". But that doesn't mean that that man was God.
Exodus 6:24; "Elkanah", that means "God acquired", or "acquiring God". II Samuel 22:19; "Elchanan"; "God is merciful", or "Merciful God". But these men were not God, just like the the messiah in Jeremiah 23 will not be God.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Elia

God the Father grants powers and authority to his divine creator Sons. As Jesus has a Father, he is the Father of his own creation. Jesus is God to us.

Bs"d

There is only one God who is one, and that is Y-H-W-H.

Having any other god than Y-H-W-H is idolatry, a transgression that carries upon it the death penalty.

"And God spoke all these words, saying, "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME
."

Ex 20:1+2

Elia

Bs'd

“This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no god.
Isaiah 44:6

There is no God exept for Y-H-W-H.

beameup

We cannot see our own infinite value and worth because we are turned around looking for it somewhere else other than where it is which is inside us.

What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin [sin is passed on through Adam]; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one. There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Romans 3:9-12
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. YHWH looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Psalm 14:1-3 This includes all descendants of Adam

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

There is only one God who is one, and that is Y-H-W-H.

Having any other god than Y-H-W-H is idolatry, a transgression that carries upon it the death penalty.

"And God spoke all these words, saying, "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME
."

Ex 20:1+2

God has divine children. Yahweh was the name of God the Israelites settled on, there were other names before that. In fact there is an indication that the early Bible characters believed other Gods existed, they just believed theirs to be superior.

And Elia, the scriptures were written by holy men. Later generations claimed it was God in order to control people. A false sense of sacredness of the scripture have prevented people from using just a little common sense.

SonOfCaleb

Yahweh was the name of God the Israelites settled on, there were other names before that.

No it wasn't. And no there wasn't. Adam was aware of Gods name when he and Eve were in Eden, the creators name being revealed in chapter 2 of Genesis. Gods personal name is Jehovah or Yahweh using the Hebrew version of the name. He has no other names and goes by no other name outside of titles or appellations used to describe his majesty.

In fact there is an indication that the early Bible characters believed other Gods existed, they just believed theirs to be superior.

None of the faithful early Hebrews such as Abraham, Issac or Jacob, nor even pre-flood Noah, Shem, or Enoch 'believed' in other gods. I'm afraid that's nonsense. They were all aware of the one 'True' God and were rewarded for their faith. ALL other Gods outside of Jehovah are fraudulent and this was well known by those faithful men.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No it wasn't. And no there wasn't. Adam was aware of Gods name when he and Eve were in Eden, the creators name being revealed in chapter 2 of Genesis. Gods personal name is Jehovah or Yahweh using the Hebrew version of the name. He has no other names and goes by no other name outside of titles or appellations used to describe his majesty.

None of the faithful early Hebrews such as Abraham, Issac or Jacob, nor even pre-flood Noah, Shem, or Enoch 'believed' in other gods. I'm afraid that's nonsense. They were all aware of the one 'True' God and were rewarded for their faith. ALL other Gods outside of Jehovah are fraudulent and this was well known by those faithful men.

The term Yahwah appears after Exodus, It was one of many nature Gods of the nomadic tribes in the region. Jehovah appeared in the 15th century after Christ. I believe the entire old Testiment was rewritten in Babylon by the same kind of proud people who killed Jesus. I take it with a grain of salt.

SonOfCaleb

The term Yahwah appears after Exodus, It was one of many nature Gods of the nomadic tribes in the region. Jehovah appeared in the 15th century after Christ. I believe the entire old Testiment was rewritten in Babylon by the same kind of proud people who killed Jesus. I take it with a grain of salt.

Ok you're talking about two different things here whose variance are explained by transliteration. Firstly the name for God as i already explained first occurred in Genesis chapter 2. All Hebrew descendants were familiar with the name. In fact even Job who was described in the Bible as the 'Greatest of all the Orientals [or Easterners] was familiar with the name of God. And Job predated Moses. Thus as i said from the earliest times in mans history mankind was familiar with Gods name. In fact pre-flood Gods name was actually used erroneously for idol worship. Genesis 4:26 "At that time people began calling on the name of Jehovah".

Now as i explained earlier Yahweh or YHWH is the Hebrew rendition of the name. The name Jehovah is the anglicized version of the name which has been commonly used for close to a millennia with the first instances of it in European literature appearing around the 12th Century. Both names mean the same thing. They're just translated differently because of linguistic variances. Hebrew didn't have vowels hence the tetragrammaton (Greek) YHWH. Similar to Arabic the sounds are added into the word by the speaker hence YHWH becomes Yahweh with the a and e added to aid pronunciation in English which uses vowels.

More importantly Jehovah/Yahweh was NOT a nature God. He was worshiped by nomadic tribes as evidenced by Job who was an Arab or 'tent dweller'. But the specific name for God was never ever used in nature worship. Many other Gods existed for that, some under the generic Canaanite name El which simply means god.

The entire OT or Hebrew scriptures wasn't rewritten in Babylon, as many of the books towards the end of the OT such as those by the so called 'Minor Prophets' were written in Judah or Jerusalem after the Jews had returned from captivity in Babylon. The only books written in Babylon in the OT were Daniel and Ezekiel.