Jesus is God !

StanJ

Granville Sharp is a good cop out for you to use Stan.
Many of your Trinity brothers use it. I think it is misused.

Well as he refutes your personal assertion of the English, I guess it is you who are copping out by refusing to acknowledge his credentials.

StanJ

John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Heb 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.
Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
notice first BORN, creature not God
Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

So if you admit that He, THE Word, created all things, then what does Gen 1:1 say?
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
So God is the WORD and the WORD became flesh, was incarnated into Jesus Christ. How can you not see this? The order establishes WHO Jesus is, and from there on, defaults to that position. John 1 establishes the precedent of WHO Jesus is.

Now read tihis Stan:
Php 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
Php 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross!
Php 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
Php 2:10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Php 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
See Stan, Jesus Christ has a God that exalted him to Lord of all creation. Jesus is Lord, not God.
Time to wake up and reason with his words.

So as you quote Phil 2:6 and 8, do you now agree that Jesus is God, or do you still not see it?
Where else would God incarnate stand if not in the highest place?
Yes Jesus the Messiah has a God, it is the WORD incarnated in Him, which is also the Father. Do you not accept Is 9:6 (NIV)? You will note that in that verse He IS all these things, including Everlasting Father, Mighty GOD, Prince of Peace? Do you not see that a son/prince is ALSO a Father/God?

Now as you accept John 1:3, what about John 1:18?

daqq

images

Am I where you are Stan? Obviously not. And yet those in Messiah are made to dwell in heavenly places, (Ephesians 2:6). So I suppose if you smell a troll it is the stench of your own slimy pits. My suggestion to you would be to lower your hands away from the keyboard and go wash yourself in the water of the Word, (Ephesians 5:26). But unfortunately for you there may be perhaps four generations of the age of the troll:

Proverbs 30:11-14 KJV
11. There is a generation [1] that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.
12. There is a generation [2]
that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
13. There is a generation, [3] O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.
14. There is a generation, [4] whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, [Daniel 7:7] to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.

Not sure which generation troll you are at this point but it is a scary thought noting that you do actually fit the description of all four beasts. Have you never read the nursery rhyme Three Billy Goats Gruff? It is the troll who lives under bridge and tries to steal away baby goats, sheep, (and the children of God) so as to devour them when they pass by overhead. Sounds just like the Herodian Dragon in my previous post, eh king Stan, the mighty man? Oh how the mighty have fallen from the heavens! :crackup:

:sheep:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Well as he refutes your personal assertion of the English, I guess it is you who are copping out by refusing to acknowledge his credentials.

I have noticed over time that those opposed to Jesus as a God incarnate use secondary accounts about Jesus rather than what Jesus said about himself.

Keypurr does not belive what Jesus said about himself.

daqq

I have noticed over time that those opposed to Jesus as a God incarnate use secondary accounts about Jesus rather than what Jesus said about himself.

Please show us all where Yeshua ever says "I am God incarnate" or even a simpler account where he simply declares "I am God". Can you do either? No you cannot without adding to it and therefore it is you and yours who use secondary accounts and, in addition, it is you and yours who must add and inject yourselves into what is written so as to make your dogma become reality for your own supposed spiritual benefit. It is word sorcery pure and simple. Even Paul disputes what you claim because he says that Yeshua did not exalt himself to be equal with God, (which would have been an attempt at robbery and plunder because Yeshua himself states that his Father is greater than he).

keypurr

Jesus is God !

So if you admit that He, THE Word, created all things, then what does Gen 1:1 say?
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
So God is the WORD and the WORD became flesh, was incarnated into Jesus Christ. How can you not see this? The order establishes WHO Jesus is, and from there on, defaults to that position. John 1 establishes the precedent of WHO Jesus is.

So as you quote Phil 2:6 and 8, do you now agree that Jesus is God, or do you still not see it?
Where else would God incarnate stand if not in the highest place?
Yes Jesus the Messiah has a God, it is the WORD incarnated in Him, which is also the Father. Do you not accept Is 9:6 (NIV)? You will note that in that verse He IS all these things, including Everlasting Father, Mighty GOD, Prince of Peace? Do you not see that a son/prince is ALSO a Father/God?

Now as you accept John 1:3, what about John 1:18?

Oh how you twist the truth.

The WORD is not God, the WORD in the express image of God. The WORD is a spiritual being for it is exactly like his creator. All his power came from his God. His God elevated him to Lord. You are so busy trying to protect your misunderstand of scripture your not being able to read the verses in my post.

You deny what is written Stan. God created his exact image and gave it power. God used that image to create everything. God sent that spiritual son to became flesh by dwelling in Jesus. Jesus was born into the world which God created through Christ. Read Genesis again, the spirit of God (Christ) moved across the face of the waters. God created all through this spirit being.

Open your mind Stan to what might be. Our available tools today allow us to go deeper into scripture than ever before. But we must keep in mind that our translation were copied by men, bias men, who in places put their own words in. So everything must be proven.

Last edited:

keypurr

Caino show me the scripture where Jesus says he is God. If you can I will redo my thinking.

Show me what Jesus said about himself.

God was not dwelling in Jesus, Christ was. God could not die to be the sacrifice for sin, but his created son could and did.

Show me the verse please, if I am wrong I want to know for my time is running short.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
http://youtu.be/Z_YLnhmVrhc

There are two others if you are actually serious about learning about if Jesus is God.
Jesus was declared God by the Roman Empire in 325 AD. Jesus himself never characterized himself as divine (unless you take the metaphoric language in John's gospel literally).

Of course, I myself have found that scriptural evidence for my claim fails to even register with traditional believers. They are not taught such things from today's pulpits. A pastor can preach part of his Sunday sermon on the Lord's Prayer and another part of it on Jesus as the only sacrifice for sin.

Both the pastor and the congregation are unaware of the flat contradiction in such utterances.

daqq

The WORD in not God, the WORD in the express image of God. The WORD is a spiritual being for it is exactly like his creator. All his power came from his God. His God elevated him to Lord. You are so busy trying to protect your misunderstand of scripture your not being able to read the verses in my post.

You deny what is written Stan. God created his exact image and gave it power. God used that image to create everything. God sent that spiritual son to became flesh by dwelling in Jesus. Jesus was born into the world which God created through Christ. Read Genesis again, the spirit of God (Christ) moved across the face of the waters. God created all through this spirit being.

Open your mind Stan to what might be. Our available tools today allow us to go deeper into scripture than ever before. But we must keep in mind that our translation were copied by men, bias men, who in places put their own words in. So everything must be proven.

:thumb:

And you know Keypurr we do not see many threads around here dealing with mediatorship and this is probably why. Your comments which I highlighted make it possible for Messiah to be the final Mediator between God and man. It is just as if Yeshua the Messiah is "Moses II" and now lives forevermore, as High Priest after the order of Melki-Tzedek, to make intercession on behalf of the faithful, (between God and man). So when they make him into the Almighty himself they crucify the Father, who cannot be crucified, and by default they essentially eliminate the true mediatorial role of the office of the High Priest because if the High Priest is God Almighty then, for one, he cannot have died; and for two, he is no more a "stand in the gap middle man" or mediator. When it comes to God Almighty He absolutely cannot die or the doctrine is obviously foul, convoluted, and polluted, no matter how many "persons", or "ousias", or "hypostasises" one may conjure up in the machinations of his vain imagination. :crackup:

keypurr

:thumb:

And you know Keypurr we do not see many threads around here dealing with mediatorship and this is probably why. Your comments which I highlighted make it possible for Messiah to be the final Mediator between God and man. It is just as if Yeshua the Messiah is "Moses II" and now lives forevermore, as High Priest after the order of Melki-Tzedek, to make intercession on behalf of the faithful, (between God and man). So when they make him into the Almighty himself they crucify the Father, who cannot be crucified, and by default they essentially eliminate the true mediatorial role of the office of the High Priest because if the High Priest is God Almighty then, for one, he cannot have died; and for two, he is no more a "stand in the gap middle man" or mediator. When it comes to God Almighty He absolutely cannot die or the doctrine is obviously foul, convoluted, and polluted, no matter how many "persons", or "ousias", or "hypostasises" one may conjure up in the machinations of his vain imagination. :crackup:

Some do not wish to rock their boat to see truth friend. It disturbs their comfort zone. They enjoy their darkness. There is no way to be a mediator between God and man if you are either. I see Christ as very special. God's first and greatest creation.

StanJ

The WORD is not God, the WORD in the express image of God. The WORD is a spiritual being for it is exactly like his creator. All his power came from his God. His God elevated him to Lord. You are so busy trying to protect your misunderstand of scripture your not being able to read the verses in my post.

Well that is NOT what John 1:1 states, that is an invented assertion you made up.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

StanJ

Caino show me the scripture where Jesus says he is God. If you can I will redo my thinking.
Show me what Jesus said about himself.
God was not dwelling in Jesus, Christ was. God could not die to be the sacrifice for sin, but his created son could and did.
Show me the verse please, if I am wrong I want to know for my time is running short.

You HAVE been shown many times and lying to him to seduce him into playing your game is just plain dishonest. You will NEVER change.

keypurr

Well that is NOT what John 1:1 states, that is an invented assertion you made up.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

You do not see what this verse tells you.

You do not seem to see what any verse is telling you.

The WORD in not the most high God and the WORD is not Jesus.

The WORD is Christ, the spiritual don of God, the e press image of the Father.

If you understood that the verse would make better sense to you.

The logos is a spiritual being, second in command in Heaven and Earth.

StanJ

Your constant vane repetitions are only proving your have been inculcated into this cultic view keypurr.

The WORD, IS God and the WORD was incarnated as Jesus Christ.

John 1:1, 14 (NIV)

The Bible does NOT say the word is Christ, it say the Word IS God.
Rewording it is your problem and your damnation.

keypurr

The JW's use the words "a god", they got it right. (theos, a god)

I admit I am no expert on Greek. But I do not have to be.

Today I ordered an new Arabic New Testament, translated from the language spoken by Jesus. It should be interesting to compare with what is translated from the Greek.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You need to understand what the learned are saying.

Genesis 1:1 starts with the moment of creation and moves forward to the creation of humanity. John 1:1 starts with the creation and contemplates eternity past. The fact that "the word was with God" , suggests a face to face relationship. In the ancient world, it was important that persons of equal station be on the same level, or face to face , when sitting across from one another. Thus the word with indicates a personal relationship, and also implies equal status. The Word, Jesus Christ himself, is an active person in communication with the Father. Moreover the Word was God. The word order in Greek shows that the word was God, not a god. This is a straightforward declaration of Christ's deity, since john uses Word to refer to Jesus. The Word was of the very quality of God, while still retaining His personal distinction from the Father. (Note John 1:1 NKJV Study Bible, Second Edition)