Jesus is God !

keypurr

Your constant vane repetitions are only proving your have been inculcated into this cultic view keypurr.

The WORD, IS God and the WORD was incarnated as Jesus Christ.

John 1:1, 14 (NIV)

The Bible does NOT say the word is Christ, it say the Word IS God.
Rewording it is your problem and your damnation.

Christ is a god. In Phil 2 he is said to be a FORM of God, not God. You are unable to put 2+2 together to get 4. The content is clear, the logos BECAME FLESH. did God became flesh? NO, HE SENT HIS SON. WHO IS IS SON. Christ, the express image of the Father who God used to create everything.

There is only one true God, the Father. He alone is uncreated. He can not die, the WORD came to die as a man. Think Stan. God sent his son from Heaven to dwell in Jesus, the body he prepared for his Christ, his spiritual son. This was revealed to be just over three years ago. I also thought it a crazy theory, but i can not disprove it and neither can anyone else. Christ had glory with his Father before he laid out the foundation of the Universe.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The JW's use the words "a god", they got it right. (theos, a god)

I admit I am no expert on Greek. But I do not have to be.

Today I ordered an new Arabic New Testament, translated from the language spoken by Jesus. It should be interesting to compare with what is translated from the Greek.

You are right. Leave Greek to those who know Greek, certainly not the JW's. Get a Lexicon and compare side by side. According to Greek word order there is no article.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christ is a god. In Phil 2 he is said to be a FORM of God, not God. You are unable to put 2+2 together to get 4. The content is clear, the logos BECAME FLESH. did God became flesh? NO, HE SENT HIS SON. WHO IS IS SON. Christ, the express image of the Father who God used to create everything.

There is only one true God, the Father. He alone is uncreated. He can not die, the WORD came to die as a man. Think Stan. God sent his son from Heaven to dwell in Jesus, the body he prepared for his Christ, his spiritual son. This was revealed to be just over three years ago. I also thought it a crazy theory, but i can not disprove it and neither can anyone else. Christ had glory with his Father before he laid out the foundation of the Universe.

Friend, you speak more and more like a heretic every day. Jesus is not a god. That is polytheism and blasphemy. You should know better.

StanJ

Christ is a god? :jawdrop:

You really do need to read with BASIC comprehension keypurr and NOT with those eisegetical glasses you do wear.

Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus,
who, though he was in the form of God, (NOT a god)
did not regard equality with God (that would be The Word)
as something to be exploited,
but emptied himself,
taking the form of a slave,
being born in human likeness.
And being found in human form,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to the point of death—
even death on a cross.

Like I said, disturbingly inculcated.

keypurr

Christ is a god? :jawdrop:

You really do need to read with BASIC comprehension keypurr and NOT with those eisegetical glasses you do wear.

Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus,
who, though he was in the form of God, (NOT a god)
did not regard equality with God (that would be The Word)
as something to be exploited,
but emptied himself,
taking the form of a slave,
being born in human likeness.
And being found in human form,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to the point of death—
even death on a cross.

Like I said, disturbingly inculcated.

You just don't get it Stan.

Did not God give power to Christ making him a form of God, or a god of sorts?

That did not make him God for there is only one true God, his creator.

So in reality, Christ is a god, like Moses was. But Christ is much greater. He had the fullness of the Father. He is second only to his Father.

You have no idea what it is all about Stan.

God's Truth

Jesus is not different from God the Father they are the same God. See John 16:13-14; John 5:19; John 8:28; John 12:49; and, John 12:50; John 14:10.

StanJ

You just don't get it Stan.
Did not God give power to Christ making him a form of God, or a god of sorts?
That did not make him God for there is only one true God, his creator.
So in reality, Christ is a god, like Moses was. But Christ is much greater. He had the fullness of the Father. He is second only to his Father.
You have no idea what it is all about Stan.

When it comes from you, you're right...I DON'T get it, because it's incredulous and totally garbage. Jesus is NOT a god, He IS our God and Savior.
No God did not make Him a form of God, He gave the man Jesus ALL authority. Sad you don't know the difference.
The inner workings of your reasoning on display here, are just more evidence that you're deceived and confused.
Moses was NOT a god.
In fact, Phil 2:9 says God made Jesus higher than any other name. That would include God's name.
He had the fullness of God keypurr, NOT the father.
Is Isaiah 9:6 correct or not keypurr? How many names does God have in the Bible you say you know and understand?
It is 900+, and they ALL describe God and His attributes and qualities. That you limit Him to ONE name, only shows you do NOT know Him at all.

Last edited:

daqq

Jesus is not different from God the Father they are the same God.

Once upon a time there was a God who died; however it was only one of his persons and his body that died, for it was not possible that his Supreme Head could die. So they buried the God in a tomb because his body was dead, but not his Head, because only his body was dead. In the third day he came back from the dead; but now there is a question as to whether he was truly ever dead, for his Supreme Head could never have been dead. I am sure glad I do not have this dilemma with my Heavenly Father, The Supreme Head, (1 Cor 11:3). :chuckle:

StanJ

Once upon a time there was a God who died; however it was only one of his persons and his body that died, for it was not possible that his Supreme Head could die. So they buried the God in a tomb because his body was dead, but not his Head, because only his body was dead. In the third day he came back from the dead; but now there is a question as to whether he was truly ever dead, for his Supreme Head could never have been dead. I am sure glad I do not have this dilemma with my Heavenly Father, The Supreme Head, (1 Cor 11:3).

God never died, His ONLY begotten Son did.

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Questions on Jesus death......

Questions on Jesus death......

God never died, His ONLY begotten Son did.

Apparently if you believe the traditional 'story',...the man Jesus died, if we assume he underwent an actual biological death of his physical organism,....and then was somehow supernaturally 'resurrected'. However, the swoon theory is a fun one to explore, it assuming Jesus did not actually die on the cross (only went unconscious for a period of time), but was resuscitated by his disciples (some of whom were perhaps Essene healers) and recovered naturally. - but that's another story ;)

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Omnipresence of Spirit......

The Omnipresence of Spirit......

Jesus is not different from God the Father they are the same God. See John 16:13-14; John 5:19; John 8:28; John 12:49; and, John 12:50; John 14:10.

Sure, we are all spiritually ONE with 'God',....since God is the universal Life-source, the all-pervading Spirit. These passages above still show Jesus distinguishing himself from the Father. Jesus relationship to and with the Father is clearly articulated here,....even if the Father indwells Jesus. Jesus clearly reveals his relational unity with 'God'. Remember, God's Spirit is omnipresent....and apparently omni-versal ;)

pj

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Apparently if you believe the traditional 'story',...the man Jesus died, if we assume he underwent an actual biological death of his physical organism,....and then was somehow supernaturally 'resurrected'. However, the swoon theory is a fun one to explore, it assuming Jesus did not actually die on the cross (only went unconscious for a period of time), but was resuscitated by his disciples (some of whom were perhaps Essene healers) and recovered naturally. - but that's another story ;)

pj
Why not stick with the truth, the fact of the bodily resurrection.

God's Truth

Once upon a time there was a God who died; however it was only one of his persons and his body that died, for it was not possible that his Supreme Head could die.
So they buried the God in a tomb because his body was dead, but not his Head, because only his body was dead. In the third day he came back from the dead; but now there is a question as to whether he was truly ever dead, for his Supreme Head could never have been dead. I am sure glad I do not have this dilemma with my Heavenly Father, The Supreme Head, (1 Cor 11:3). :chuckle:

Jesus died in the flesh not in the Spirit. Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God.

God's Truth

Sure, we are all spiritually ONE with 'God',....since God is the universal Life-source, the all-pervading Spirit. These passages above still show Jesus distinguishing himself from the Father. Jesus relationship to and with the Father is clearly articulated here,....even if the Father indwells Jesus. Jesus clearly reveals his relational unity with 'God'. Remember, God's Spirit is omnipresent....and apparently omni-versal ;)

pj

You are wrong, for when we have God's Spirit living in us that does not make us God. However, Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God.

We have our own spirit that comes alive when we are saved. We become more conscious of our spirit when we obey Jesus.

daqq

Jesus died in the flesh not in the Spirit. Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God.

Hmmm, first you said this:

"Jesus is not different from God the Father they are the same God."

Now you have said this:

"Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God."

But those statements do not comply with these statements:

Isaiah 61:1-2a
1. The Spirit of Adonay YHWH is upon me; because YHWH has anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound:
2. To proclaim the acceptable year of YHWH,

Luke 4:17-21
17. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18. The Spirit of YHWH is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach the good news to the poor; he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised:
19. To preach the acceptable year of YHWH.
20. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened upon him.
21. And he commenced to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears!

Jus' sayin' . . . :)

:sheep:

God's Truth

Hmmm, first you said this:

"Jesus is not different from God the Father they are the same God."

Now you have said this:

"Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God."

But those statements do not comply with these statements:

Isaiah 61:1-2a
1. The Spirit of Adonay YHWH is upon me; because YHWH has anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound:
2. To proclaim the acceptable year of YHWH,

Luke 4:17-21
17. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18. The Spirit of YHWH is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach the good news to the poor; he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised:
19. To preach the acceptable year of YHWH.
20. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened upon him.
21. And he commenced to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears!

Jus' sayin' . . . :)

:sheep:

The Spirit of the Lord is Jesus' Spirit, AND it is upon him with power to do certain things.

Do you understand that?

daqq

The Spirit of the Lord is Jesus' Spirit, AND it is upon him with power to do certain things.

Do you understand that?

What I understand is that you are essentially saying that "Jesus is YHWH" which is something that not even traditional Trinitarians believe. YHWH is clearly shown to be the Father in manifold passages from Tanach, (in Jeremiah 3 He even states that He desires for us to call Him, "my Father"). When you say "The Spirit of the Lord" do you understand that what is actually in the text is "The Spirit of YHWH"?

God's Truth

What I understand is that you are essentially saying that "Jesus is YHWH" which is something that not even traditional Trinitarians believe. YHWH is clearly shown to be the Father in manifold passages from Tanach, (in Jeremiah 3 He even states that He desires for us to call Him, "my Father"). When you say "The Spirit of the Lord" do you understand that what is actually in the text is "The Spirit of YHWH"?

Hi daqq, the trinitarian doctrine is false because it says Jesus is God but not the Father. Jesus is God the Father, because there is only one God and he is the Father.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi daqq, the trinitarian doctrine is false because it says Jesus is God but not the Father. Jesus is God the Father, because there is only one God and he is the Father.

You are in direct denial of scripture. Jesus is NOT the Father. The Father sent the Son.

John 3:16 Modern English Version (MEV)

16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Even Jesus says.

John 5:36-37 Modern English Version (MEV)

36 “I have greater testimony than that of John. The works which the Father has given Me to finish, the very works that I do, bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me. 37 The Father Himself, who has sent Me, has borne witness of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.