Jesus is God !

keypurr

Keypurr, your lack of understanding in the most basic of Biblical concepts is appalling and frightening to say the least. How old did you say you are?
God created the universe. ALL life procreates which is HOW He created them.
God creates something from nothing and man procreates something from something.

John 1:3 (NIV) Col 1:16 (NIV)

Did you happen to read where God created everything THROUGH Christ? Notice I did not say Jesus, I said Christ. Do you understand my words?

Christ was God's first creation, and God was pleased that his son contained his fullness. Christ told you that God gave him all power in heaven and earth. So, it would be reasonable to think that Christ has a God who created him and gave him the power to do God's will. Now since Christ is a creation he can not be God. However being a creation, he can take the form of man and die on the cross. Do you really think that God the Father can die on a cross?

For your information I will be eighty in January. I have had a Bible in my face since I was about eight or nine years old. I have been an agnostic on my early twenties, then I found that scripture did indeed come from a higher source. But I also found how distorted religion has made it. So Stan, it's been many, many years to build my faith and you know, I am still learning about how a sum the God of Jesus Christ is.

StanJ

Did you happen to read where God created everything THROUGH Christ? Notice I did not say Jesus, I said Christ. Do you understand my words?

Do you understand scripture? You ACT like you do but you don't deal with specifics, just equivocal assertions. I know how you like to delineate your POV, the problem is it is NOT delineated that way in scripture. Where does scripture say "God created everything THROUGH Christ"?

Christ was God's first creation, and God was pleased that his son contained his fullness. Christ told you that God gave him all power in heaven and earth. So, it would be reasonable to think that Christ has a God who created him and gave him the power to do God's will. Now since Christ is a creation he can not be God. However being a creation, he can take the form of man and die on the cross. Do you really think that God the Father can die on a cross?

Scriptures please. I am well aware of your assertions.

For your information I will be eighty in January. I have had a Bible in my face since I was about eight or nine years old. I have been an agnostic on my early twenties, then I found that scripture did indeed come from a higher source. But I also found how distorted religion has made it. So Stan, it's been many, many years to build my faith and you know, I am still learning about how a sum the God of Jesus Christ is.

Well that might explain a few things, but bottom line is you have had plenty of time to KNOW the truth, so you have NO excuse.

At this point I can't really tell if it is senility that keeps you from addressing my posts as posted, or just plain orneriness?

keypurr

Do you understand scripture? You ACT like you do but you don't deal with specifics, just equivocal assertions. I know how you like to delineate your POV, the problem is it is NOT delineated that way in scripture. Where does scripture say "God created everything THROUGH Christ"?

Scriptures please. I am well aware of your assertions.

1Co_8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Heb_1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

Well that might explain a few things, but bottom line is you have had plenty of time to KNOW the truth, so you have NO excuse.

At this point I can't really tell if it is senility that keeps you from addressing my posts as posted, or just plain orneriness?

You bring out my good side.

StanJ

1Cor 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
Heb 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

OK, thanks, but I didn't mean JUST scriptures. We all know that the WORD created everything, as found in John 1:3 (NIV), so what is your point here?

and what is your point about Heb 1:2...that is exactly what John 1:3 (NIV) teaches?

Who is David referring to in Psalm 110:1 (NIV) ?

keypurr

OK, thanks, but I didn't mean JUST scriptures. We all know that the WORD created everything, as found in John 1:3 (NIV), so what is your point here?

and what is your point about Heb 1:2...that is exactly what John 1:3 (NIV) teaches?

Who is David referring to in Psalm 110:1 (NIV) ?

It tells you that God is the creator, not Christ. God created all through Christ.

Jesus was not around then Stan. He was yet to be born.

keypurr

Stan in verse 1 of Psalm did you notice that LORD and Lord was used. Do you know why? Do you understand the difference between the two?

StanJ

It tells you that God is the creator, not Christ. God created all through Christ.

Yes those two verses tell you WHO created the universe keypurr.
The WORD did and the WORD became flesh in Jesus.
That's right, Jesus was not yet born, and neither what the Christ (Messiah)
The WORD is Jesus Christ the Messiah. John 1:3 (NIV)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You are so wrong!

Colossians 1:15-20 King James Version (KJV)

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

keypurr

Yes those two verses tell you WHO created the universe keypurr.
The WORD did and the WORD became flesh in Jesus.
That's right, Jesus was not yet born, and neither what the Christ (Messiah)
The WORD is Jesus Christ the Messiah. John 1:3 (NIV)

If all things were made through Christ he had to exist at the creation.

If the WORD became flesh in Jesus then your saying that Jesus is not the WORD. He became the WORD for the WORD was IN him. I agree to that.

StanJ

If all things were made through Christ he had to exist at the creation.
If the WORD became flesh in Jesus then your saying that Jesus is not the WORD. He became the WORD for the WORD was IN him. I agree to that.

Were they?

No I'm saying the WORD became flesh, and that flesh is Jesus. Flesh did not become the WORD.
I fail to see why you constantly and deliberately equivocate about these words when you clearly see what they say?

keypurr

You are so wrong!

Colossians 1:15-20 King James Version (KJV)

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Col is referring to Christ.

Christ got his power from his God, father.

God created through Christ.

Read Genesis 1, The spirit of God, Christ, moved across the face of the waters. Christ is a spirit, a spirit of God. Consider that. Christ told you that he can do nothing without the Father .

StanJ

Col is referring to Christ.

Christ got his power from his God, father.

God created through Christ.

Read Genesis 1, The spirit of God, Christ, moved across the face of the waters. Christ is a spirit, a spirit of God. Consider that. Christ told you that he can do nothing without the Father .

You need to use the words OF scripture keypurr and not the words of your dogma. Your words are not in scripture.

lifeisgood

I would
emoticon-giggling.gif
if it wasn't so sad.

My dear friend, keypurr, you're really twisted yourself.
When every straw you have thrown has been proven wrong, you invent another one.
I had not seen this one from you.

2 Pet 3:9 --- The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Yes, it is true that He is longsuffering, but some day He will get tired though and all opportunities will be no more and it will be too late.

There is not going to be one UNbeliever in Hell.
All will believe, however, it will be too late.

The only hope is the God that was manifest in the flesh and what He did at the cross of Calvary plus absolutely nothing.

He will accept nothing else for nothing else is needed.

keypurr

I would
emoticon-giggling.gif
if it wasn't so sad.

My dear friend, keypurr, you're really twisted yourself.
When every straw you have thrown has been proven wrong, you invent another one.
I had not seen this one from you.

2 Pet 3:9 --- The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Yes, it is true that He is longsuffering, but some day He will get tired though and all opportunities will be no more and it will be too late.

There is not going to be one UNbeliever in Hell.
All will believe, however, it will be too late.

The only hope is the God that was manifest in the flesh and what He did at the cross of Calvary plus absolutely nothing.

He will accept nothing else for nothing else is needed.

You got to admit, I am creative.

And I am no slave to tradition.

keypurr

Yes, you are quite creative, however, creativity WILL NOT be accepted as the seal to get into His home.

I am a slave of Jesus Christ, my God, my Lord, my Savior, my Redeemer, my Justifier, my only hope.

If you get Jesus Christ wrong, it does not matter what else you believe.

You may think that but I don't think your a slave to him, your devoted to a church.