Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah

keypurr

The New Testament was written in greek my friend.

Aramaic even became the common language spoken in Israel in Jesus' time, and it was likely the language He spoke day by day. Some Aramaic words were even used by the Gospel writers in the New Testament. The New Testament, however, was written in Greek.
See post 240

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Some differ with you, I am one of them. Aramaic was the language of the area and time. Earliest ms in the Eastern church are not Greek.

The New Testament, however, was written in Greek. This seems strange, since you might think it would be either Hebrew or Aramaic. However, Greek was the language of scholarship during the years of the composition of the New Testament from 50 to 100 AD. The fact is that many Jews could not even read Hebrew anymore, and this disturbed the Jewish leaders a lot! So, around 300 BC a translation of the Old Testament from Hebrew into Greek was undertaken, and it was completed around 200 BC. Gradually this Greek translation of the Old Testament, called the Septuagint, was widely accepted and was even used in many synagogues. It also became a wonderful missionary tool for the early Christians, for now the Greeks could read God’s Word in their own tongue.​

(http://www.biblica.com/bible/bible-faqs/in-what-language-was-the-bible-first-written/)

keypurr

The New Testament, however, was written in Greek. This seems strange, since you might think it would be either Hebrew or Aramaic. However, Greek was the language of scholarship during the years of the composition of the New Testament from 50 to 100 AD. The fact is that many Jews could not even read Hebrew anymore, and this disturbed the Jewish leaders a lot! So, around 300 BC a translation of the Old Testament from Hebrew into Greek was undertaken, and it was completed around 200 BC. Gradually this Greek translation of the Old Testament, called the Septuagint, was widely accepted and was even used in many synagogues. It also became a wonderful missionary tool for the early Christians, for now the Greeks could read God’s Word in their own tongue.​

(http://www.biblica.com/bible/bible-faqs/in-what-language-was-the-bible-first-written/)
I have not seen the early ms Jamie, I am not quite that old. And I do not just accept what is written because there will most likely be someone to disagree. And there is a disagreement among the scholars on the original ms. The eastern church see things differently than the western church. So who is right? I really do not know, but my mind is open. The oldest ms are Aramaic says the eastern church.

Jerry Shugart

Tell me Jerry, why was Jesus anointed? And what was he anointed with?

I asked you a question and instead of answering me you ask me a question.

If you can actually give evidence from the Scriptures to support your idea then let us hear it.

Now, where in the Scriptures do we find your idea that a spirit son named "Christ" was joined to a man named "Jesus."

Zeke

You have been given that Jerry, but you do not wish to accept it. Your choice to remain in the darkness.

Both side are in a assumption based theory, seeing record shows there is no evidence that Jesus even existed, the message though has been relevant since time began through each cultural belief system, the mystery of Christ within predated the Christian era that Paul declared was a new mystery never before revealed is a lie, the Christian dogma gleaned much of its dogma from pagan and Egyptian beliefs.

David, Solomon, Abraham, Jesus, the twelve, Paul, are believed in by faith not historic fact, these are states on being that exist today not secular history or time that the spiritual kingdom Luke 17:20-21, isn't concerned with..

Jerry Shugart

Both side are in a assumption based theory, seeing record shows there is no evidence that Jesus even existed, the message though has been relevant since time began through each cultural belief system, the mystery of Christ within predated the Christian era that Paul declared was a new mystery never before revealed is a lie, the Christian dogma gleaned much of its dogma from pagan and Egyptian beliefs.

What you fail to understand is that the Christian's faith is not a blind faith but one which assures the believer that what is written in the Bible is true. That is why Christian faith is described as the EVIDENCE of things not seen (Heb.11:1).

It is ridiculous to argue that the God who made us is incapable of giving us a revelation which we can know came from Him.

"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life"
(1 Jn.5:20).​

The Christian is not in doubt because the LORD God has given us an understanding of these things.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What you fail to understand is that the Christian's faith is not a blind faith but one which assures the believer that what is written in the Bible is true. That is why Christian faith is described as the EVIDENCE of things not seen (Heb.11:1).

It is ridiculous to argue that the God who made us is incapable of giving us a revelation which we can know came from Him.

"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life"

The Christian is not in doubt because the LORD God has given us an understanding of these things.
Jerry, what about the billions of people born into Hinduism or Buddhism? The people that don't hear of Jesus Christ, are they simply destined for hell?

Jerry

Zeke

And you fail to understand that the Light that lights all men isn't some new dogma introduced two thousand years ago, the Christ within has always been the message and is the story retold over and over in the scripture that came from many diverse cultures, you have bought the secular/shadow lie of a flesh and blood sacrifice that impunes the Divine nature of our parentage 1Cor 13:1-13, when it all takes place within us, Gen 32:30.

Zeke

It all takes place within you Jerry! No one died literally to save you, you came from the Divine seeing no one ascends who hasn't descended from heaven, you are dead to that Divine part of you until you are reborn, Galatians 4:1, Luke 15:35, etc....

Jerry Shugart

Jerry, what about the billions of people born into Hinduism or Buddhism? The people that don't hear of Jesus Christ, are they simply destined for hell?

This is what Peter told Cornelius:

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him" (Acts 10:34-35).​

And then we read this in the book of Hebrews:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Heb.11:6).​

Jerry Shugart

And you fail to understand that the Light that lights all men isn't some new dogma introduced two thousand years ago, the Christ within has always been the message and is the story retold over and over in the scripture that came from many diverse cultures, you have bought the secular/shadow lie of a flesh and blood sacrifice that impunes the Divine nature of our parentage 1Cor 13:1-13, when it all takes place within us, Gen 32:30.

The Apostle Paul said, "my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God" (1 Cor.2:4-5).

6days

This is what Peter told Cornelius:

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him" (Acts 10:34-35).​

And then we read this in the book of Hebrews:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Heb.11:6).​
Good answer Jerry...although sometimes it seems a good answer to that question is still not good based on our own logic.
I have a Christian uncle, who when is asked 'How are you?'...he replies "Better than I deserve".
I never have asked what he meant but recently I thought...'What is it I deserve?'
I certainly don't deserve to live in luxury compared to people elsewhere on our planet. I don't deserve my next meal more than the thousands of kids dying from starvation. AND....I certainly didn't deserve having the Creator of the universe act as my mediator going to the cross for me.
What I deserve is Hell...But Jesus went to Calvary as my mediator.
Amazing grace...how can it be?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Please explain jamie

Sure. Hebrews 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

Christ is bearing the sins of many, but at this time not for all. He is bearing the sins of the firstborn. In the Exodus account the blood of the lamb was for the firstborn, and so it is today.

Relatively few people in the course of human history have ever heard of Jesus Christ. It's not recorded that Abraham or Isaac or Jacob ever heard that name. We know Moses never heard that name. There is no record that Noah, Daniel or Job ever heard of Jesus Christ.

As for unbelievers their opportunity for salvation will be after they are resurrected and the Book of Life is opened to them.

God has a plan and this is not the only time of salvation. This is the time for the Father's firstborn.