Jesus and Jesus Alone Saves to the Uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

eider

No, he is advocating no such thing. Paul tells us the Law was made for the ungodly. Believers don't need laws to keep them from doing wrong. We have the Spirit residing in us...guiding and conforming us into the image of Christ.

That's anarchy!
If Paul told Christians that did not need to keep the law........ that's incitement to anarchy!

eider

Being rude to those who refuse to listen doesn't mean someone is a false prophet. Jesus was quite "rude" to the pharisees, too, if you care to look.

The fact that Jesus was fairly direct with priests, extremely aggressive during his demonstration in the Temple, and also picketing the Temple Courts two days running, is no reason for Christians to copy, surely?

Also, I would like to see where Jesus told his followers that they could be rude to any folks.

If being a Christian entitles folks to be rude to others, then I am amazed.

eider

What version are you using? because you are using a version that reads "also" and I am unable to find that word in any of the accurate and we'll accepted versions that I and many other biblical scholars use. If you can tell me what you version you are using I can help you understand what the word "also" means in that context. I think you may be misunderstanding the sentance you are reading because the word "also" in that version seems to be only used to connect two sentances together and not to mean there is any other way.
Maybe reading that verse in a few other very well accepted and academic translations will help you to understand that verse better and what it is saying to the reader.
I know that certain versions such as the KJV are written in Elizabethan English and you have to be well versed in old English to get the correct understanding of the verse in the way our modern understanding of English would have you understand it. That language may be English but it is far removed from the way we understand the language today.
Here are some great modern translations that may help you have a better understanding of that verse:

This is NIV
"Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them"

This is ESV
"Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermostthose who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them."

This is NRSV
"Consequently he is able for all time to save those who approach God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them."

You can clearly see that the word "also" is absent from any of these translations. It seems from these examples the word "also" in your translations seems to be another way of saying "consequently" or "therefore"

Hi.....
'Seems!
Two of my bibles show 'also', and this seems to mean:- also! :)

Thre NT of our Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ.
Naval and Military Bible Society 1780.

The KHV Bible.

The trouble with bible translations is that they can be altered by folks who decide what the words really meant! :)

eider

precisely. thank you.
Hi..... :)

Well..... I'm confused.

The New Testament is packed full of entreaties, guidance, rules, laws, warnings and more.... to Christians. And then some Christians play some kind of 'catch 22' card which claims that they are not commanded to keep those laws and that they attain salvation just because they had Faith and trust in Jesus.

I treat such claims with caution because the Stipendiary, Magistrates, Diocesan and Ecclesiastical Courts (where I live) all regarded the clergy priesthood and religiously educated as having special dispensations which placed them either above the laws or where they were convicted of crimes to be treated to special mitigation.

This all rings bells which remind me of such reports..... from those Dickensian days! :)

God's Truth

The fact that Jesus was fairly direct with priests, extremely aggressive during his demonstration in the Temple, and also picketing the Temple Courts two days running, is no reason for Christians to copy, surely?

Also, I would like to see where Jesus told his followers that they could be rude to any folks.

If being a Christian entitles folks to be rude to others, then I am amazed.

Many people here verbally abuse others. They think that they can constantly call people foul names in repeated succession without limit and they use Jesus as an excuse to do it, just because Jesus called the Pharisees a fool once and a viper once. Jesus did not abuse anyone.

God's Truth

All men are sinners, Romans 3:23. If you had the Holy Spirit you would know that.

You would also know that to be saved you have to come to Christ as a repentant sinner and ask him to save you, Romans 10:13.

If you had the Holy Spirit you would know that faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

eider

Many people here verbally abuse others. They think that they can constantly call people foul names in repeated succession without limit and they use Jesus as an excuse to do it, just because Jesus called the Pharisees a fool once and a viper once. Jesus did not abuse anyone.

Anybody who verbally abuses another cannot be a Christian, imo. Impossible.
John the Baptist and Jesus both were perfectly clear about their opinions of the whole priesthood. The prieshood had abandoned the laws which protected the poor, they had abandoned their own standards and become hellenised, copying the cultures and practices of the invaders.... theyv were quislings.

This is clearly shown by the Temple Head-tax coinage, many of which still survive to this day as evidence. These coins had a graven image on their reverse by the inscription of Caesar in Greek abbreviation, and the head on the obverse was not Caesar's..... it was/is the head of melgarth-Heracles, known to the Jews as Baal. They didn't care because the silver purity and weight was consistent. You could not make this up....... amazing.

Jesus and JtB were furious with the wayward carelesss priesthood, and offered Remission of Sins by immersion in the Jordan as a shortcircuit to the disgusting money-go-=round

eider

You and your father are the chief of all liars.
I think that the above is the most disgraceful insult that I have seen on any web site in a very long time.

How can Christians write such dreadful sentences?
Are we allowed to write like that on theologyonline?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Anybody who verbally abuses another cannot be a Christian, imo. Impossible.
John the Baptist and Jesus both were perfectly clear about their opinions of the whole priesthood. The prieshood had abandoned the laws which protected the poor, they had abandoned their own standards and become hellenised, copying the cultures and practices of the invaders.... theyv were quislings.

This is clearly shown by the Temple Head-tax coinage, many of which still survive to this day as evidence. These coins had a graven image on their reverse by the inscription of Caesar in Greek abbreviation, and the head on the obverse was not Caesar's..... it was/is the head of melgarth-Heracles, known to the Jews as Baal. They didn't care because the silver purity and weight was consistent. You could not make this up....... amazing.

Jesus and JtB were furious with the wayward carelesss priesthood, and offered Remission of Sins by immersion in the Jordan as a shortcircuit to the disgusting money-go-=round

Welcome to the jungle.

You are breath of flesh air around here.