Jessica Simpson's Outrageous Comment

koban

If you kids are done squabbling, could anybody tell me where the "Outrageous" part of this statement lies?

From the OP:
Jessica is fighting back against the accusations that her breasts have been enhanced. In an eyebrow-raising statement, Jessica told Britain's Sky News, "Mine are definitely real. At school, my boobs were bigger than all my friends and I was afraid to show them. Now, I feel they make my outfits look better. They're like an accessory." An accessory?

Is it "They're like an accessory"? This is outrageous? How much did she pay for this free publicity, anyways?

Pepper

Turbo said:
Do we encourage women to submit to their husband's authority and for men to submit to Christ? Absolutely.

What year is this? "Submit to their husband's authority"?!?! Are you kidding me?!

Pepper

Rimi said:
Now he makes distinctions. :dizzy:

Rimi, it's very easy to forget that every single little thing needs to be spelled out for you, I'm sorry that sometimes we give you enough credit that we think you may actually be able to figure something out for yourself.

erinmarie

Pepper said:
What year is this? "Submit to their husband's authority"?!?! Are you kidding me?!

You don't or wouldn't respect your husband's ideas and opinions? You wouldn't let him take the lead in decision making if he was capable?

During this whole entire thread you've simplified and taken out of context the most credible statements, just to fit your over-reactions.

Yes, I respect my husband's authority as the head of our household...and he respects me as his wife. Someone has to be the boss! haha.

Rimi

Pepper said:
Rimi, it's very easy to forget that every single little thing needs to be spelled out for you, I'm sorry that sometimes we give you enough credit that we think you may actually be able to figure something out for yourself.

What are you babbling about? No argument so you attempt to insult -- and do it badly I might add. :loser:

koban

Rimi said:
Crow, how about the part when she's a kid and "afraid to show them"?

Keep your threads straight - we're not talking zucchini here!

Could be if you interpret that to mean "bare them". I didn't read it that way. A lot of self-conscious young girls wish they didn't have them, especially if they develop faster than their friends'.

allsmiles

Poly said:
But by your logic it wouldn't be absolutely wrong for a person raped your sister so who are you to retaliate on something that wasn't necessarily a comletely wrong thing to do? Maybe, in their opinion they see nothing wrong with it.

First person is first, there a few people i need to respond to, so please be patient.

if someone raped my sister it would be wrong from my perspective and wrong from my family's perspective. from the rapist's perspective? no, obviously it isn't wrong from his because he did it willingly. i wouldn't retaliate if someone raped your sister because you're detached from me and it would be none of my business, yes, i'd be horrified and i'd be very sorry for you and your family. but from the rapists' perspective it wasn't wrong, or horrific. things happen, absolutes whether they exist or not makes absolutely no difference, the sister would still be raped and the rapist would still be a psycho.

Rimi

allsmiles said:
First person is first, there a few people i need to respond to, so please be patient.

if someone raped my sister it would be wrong from my perspective and wrong from my family's perspective. from the rapist's perspective? no, obviously it isn't wrong from his because he did it willingly. i wouldn't retaliate if someone raped your sister because you're detached from me and it would be none of my business, yes, i'd be horrified and i'd be very sorry for you and your family. but from the rapists' perspective it wasn't wrong, or horrific. things happen, absolutes whether they exist or not makes absolutely no difference, the sister would still be raped and the rapist would still be a psycho.

You're saying a rapist doesn't know that it's wrong and against the law (for now)? And perhaps a murderer doesn't know murder is wrong and against the law (for now)? Hmmm, wonder why they usually try to cover these deeds up.

allsmiles

GuySmiley said:
Wow, and I thought this thread got boring. I've heard of moral relativism but never met anyone who believes it, or would admit they do. For real? Is there nothing that you would say is absolutely wrong? Is there any scenario that you could come up with that is absolutely wrong?

i can only think of scenarios that would be wrong from my point of view. if someone is brought up to believe that rape is okay then it doesn't really matter what i think of rape to him, now does it? just as i believe christianity is a myth and you do not, our beliefs or values differ but they cancel each other out, my values do not influence yours just as yours do not influence mine, the existence of difference is evidence for moral relativism.

What if a tribe of people took slaves from another tribe, then took the slave babies and after several days of torturing the babies, they fed them to lions? In your mind, thats only wrong to you, but not wrong to the tribe doing it?

it would only be wrong to me. if it is their way of life, if they were brought up practicing it as part of their culture then no, obviously it's not wrong to them, only to someone who differs.

Pepper

erinmarie said:
You don't or wouldn't respect your husband's ideas and opinions? You wouldn't let him take the lead in decision making if he was capable?

I would very much respect my husband's ideas and opinions, but that it a completely different thing than submitting to his authority. Submitting suggests rolling over and putting my own ideas and opinions aside if they differ from his.

During this whole entire thread you've simplified and taken out of context the most credible statements, just to fit your over-reactions.

LOL......I love being accused of over-reacting in a place such as this..... :crackup:

Yes, I respect my husband's authority as the head of our household...and he respects me as his wife. Someone has to be the boss! haha.

Good, respect away. Respect is completely different than submission. I'm just sorry that you feel that one of you needs to be in charge and the other needs to be below the other. I think it's sad that he needs to "be the boss" and you can't have an equal partnership.

Pepper

Rimi said:
What are you babbling about? No argument so you attempt to insult -- and do it badly I might add. :loser:

No attempt to insult, just statement of fact. Sorry I had to walk you through that one too...I should've thought ahead.

allsmiles

Rimi said:
You're saying a rapist doesn't know that it's wrong and against the law (for now)? And perhaps a murderer doesn't know murder is wrong and against the law (for now)? Hmmm, wonder why they usually try to cover these deeds up.

remember what i said about the distinction between morality and legality? a rapist obviously doesn't care about the law and lives by his own code of morality.

taoist

A lot of self-conscious young girls wish they didn't have them, especially if they develop faster than their friends'.
And back in the 50s, right here in this country, nobody gave a second thought to a girl too young to have developed anything enjoying the beach without bothering with a top. Frankly, making little kids cover up is kind of silly. But when the culture changes, we all have to change with it, or risk being called perverse.

allsmiles

Pepper said:
I would very much respect my husband's ideas and opinions, but that it a completely different thing than submitting to his authority. Submitting suggests rolling over and putting my own ideas and opinions aside if they differ from his.

LOL......I love being accused of over-reacting in a place such as this..... :crackup:

Good, respect away. Respect is completely different than submission. I'm just sorry that you feel that one of you needs to be in charge and the other needs to be below the other. I think it's sad that he needs to "be the boss" and you can't have an equal partnership.

:BRAVO:

Pepper, if you and i were married, just as an example of course;) it would be a 50/50 partnership, both of us would share an equal responsibility for steering the "unit" and making decisions. if you were better at balancing the check book than i, then you would take the lead, if i were a better cook than you, i would take the lead.

it's give and take, the working aspect of the relationship should be based on practicality and economics and skill, not an out-dated authoritarian model of female repression and subjegation.

Rimi

Pepper said:
No attempt to insult, just statement of fact. Sorry I had to walk you through that one too...I should've thought ahead.

No argument, poor attempt at insult . . . and then you lie about it. Perfect. :dunce:

Rimi

allsmiles said:
remember what i said about the distinction between morality and legality? a rapist obviously doesn't care about the law and lives by his own code of morality.

But he knows it's wrong or he wouldn't leave the scene of the crime, or kill the rape victim so she can't ID him.

Rimi

allsmiles said:
:BRAVO:

Pepper, if you and i were married, just as an example of course;) it would be a 50/50 partnership, both of us would share an equal responsibility for steering the "unit" and making decisions. if you were better at balancing the check book than i, then you would take the lead, if i were a better cook than you, i would take the lead.

it's give and take, the working aspect of the relationship should be based on practicality and economics and skill, not an out-dated authoritarian model of female repression and subjegation.

But remember Pepper, if you got raped he might not think it's a bad thing. He might change his mind from what he thinks of rape happening to those near and dear to him.

taoist

Pepper said:
... you feel that one of you needs to be in charge and the other needs to be below the other. I think it's sad that he needs to "be the boss" and you can't have an equal partnership.
Somebody needs to "be the boss" when it comes to finances, when it comes to kid-schooling, when it comes to vehicle maintenance, domestic chores, yadayada ...

Of course there's no reason all of those have to be headed by just one partner. Heaven forbid my brother had to pay attention to screwing things down in the house or balancing the checkbook. But that doesn't seem to affect Nancy's belief in submitting to her husband for some reason. And she's not faking it, she nearly vetoed his last preaching job because she thought the women's role in that congregation was too evident.

Go figure.

I think it's more like the ten commandments, christians use it cause they're supposed to without paying much attention to what it means.