James 1:1 refutes MAD

Jerry Shugart

The houses of God are spiritual under the new covenant aka you have to have the Holy Spirit to be a member.

Let us look at this passage where we see the New Covenant promised to the house of Israel and the house of Judah:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jer.31:31-34).​

The "fathers" of the ones who will receive the New Covenant were the physical descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, the ones who broke the covenant. And since the fathers are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob then that means that the offspring of those fathers will also be the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

So in the future all of the house of Israel and all of the house of Judah which will be made up of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and they will all, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, will have their sins forgiven and be saved.

That has not yet happened but it will happen at sometime in the future!

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Let us look at this passage where we see the New Covenant promised to the house of Israel and the house of Judah:
"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jer.31:31-34).​

The "fathers" of the ones who will receive the New Covenant were the physical descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, the ones who broke the covenant. And since the fathers are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob then that means that the offspring of those fathers will also be the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

So in the future all of the house of Israel and all of the house of Judah which will be made up of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and they will all, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, will have their sins forgiven and be saved.

It's just so crystal clear. Only those that have an agenda from without the scripture can misconstrue the plain meaning of that passage.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is what YOU read into what the MADist is saying.

Rom. 5:8.

No.

The MADist rejects the new covenant inaugurated by Jesus blood, which is why they are not born again into it, as they claim the NC is only for the Jews.

The truth is that all those who are in the NC and thus born again, are THE House of Israel and Judah , no longer two nations.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

This is why MADists reject the following and claim it only applies to the Jews--

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

MADists are unsaved.

LA

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No.

The MADist rejects the new covenant inaugurated by Jesus blood, which is why they are not born again into it, as they claim the NC is only for the Jews.

The truth is that all those who are in the NC and thus born again, are THE House of Israel and Judah , no longer two nations.

Spoiler
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

This is why MADists reject the following and claim it only applies to the Jews--

Spoiler
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

MADists are unsaved.

LA

So, even though I was saved in 5th grade, I lost my salvation when I became a MADist? (I'm 24 now)

I'm pretty sure my faith in Christ, and therefore my salvation by Him, which I had long before becoming MAD, is not up for questioning.

Jerry Shugart

The New Covenant was only promised to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah!

Those promises do not apply to those in the Body of Christ where there is no distinction between the Jews and those of other countries (Gal.3:18).

Danoh

They need to stop taking the Lord's supper immediately. Their partaking of it is a mockery and abomination in the eyes of Christ. Christians who have partaken of the Lord's supper for 2000 years are imposters in the eyes of dispensationals. That's ok because dispensationals are imposters in the eyes of true believing Christians who put no confidence in the flesh.

VERY FEW Dispensationalists - Mid-Acts included - reject the Lord's Supper.

VERY FEW....

Rom. 14:5; 5:7, 8.

Danoh

No, Anderson taught a Mid Acts view!

I know that there is someone in the Mid Acts camp (who is also KJ Only) who is saying that but he has been mis-informed. If you want to read about Anderson click on the following link and there you can read a free preview of my book, "Sir Robert Anderson: The Thinking Man's Guide to the Bible":

https://www.amazon.com/SIR-ROBERT-A...10928258&sr=1-13&keywords=SIR+ROBERT+ANDERSON

It is too bad that someone would make these false accusations against Sir Robert without even reading his books! And you should be ashamed for spreading this false rumor!

No, dear brother.

I have read most of Anderson's great writings.

In fact, years before I ever even heard of Ross.

And Anderson has always striked me as leaning towards the Acts 28 Position.

Heck, his "Pentecostal Dispensation" remarks are the 28er Position.

Do I hate him for his views?

Nope.

I have greatly enjoyed his writings and believe EVERYONE should read them.

Nevertheless, Romans 14:5 towards you, in memory of Romans 5:7, 8.

Or, this here...:)

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Romans 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Danoh

No.

MADists are unsaved.

LA

Nope - that is YOUR take on what the MADist supposedly holds to.

Romans 5:8 towards you.

Danoh

I've heard that, too.

I'd thought you'd had the following in mind also (along with whatever other finding you may have Ben going by), when you posted James is considered the first NT writing...

Per Galatians 1 and 2, by the time of Galatians, James is already prominent.

And who was the trouble because of, in Galatians 2?

Because of "certain which came from James" whom Peter and company had for some reason allowed themselves to need to impress.

And what is the order of Paul's description of those three, there in Galatians 1, where he describes having met with, and brought them up to speed?

The same as the order of their writings - James, Cephas (Peter), and John.

Rom. 14:5; 5:7,8.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

No, dear brother.

I have read most of Anderson's great writings.

In fact, years before I ever even heard of Ross.

And Anderson has always striked me as leaning towards the Acts 28 Position.

Bryan Ross got some bad advice and I told him so. I quoted the following words of Anderson to him where Sir Robert spoke of a new dispensation beginning between the earlier and the later chapter of Acts:

"Who can fail to mark the contrast between the earlier and the later chapters of the Acts of the Apostles? Measured by years the period they embrace is comparatively brief; but morally the latter portion of the narrative seems to belong to a different age. And such is in fact the case. A new dispensation has begun"
(Sir Robert Anderson, The Silence of God [Grand Rapids: Kregel Publications, 1977], 49).​

Anderson is saying that a new dispensation had begun during the latter portion of the book of Acts, not at the end of Acts. The Acts 28 people have no dispensation starting then. Despite these facts Ross still insisted that Anderson taught that the present dispensation began at Acts 28. He cares nothing about the mud he is slinging Anderson's way.

Please explain why Anderson would speak of a dispensation beginning during the Mid-Acts period if he was leaning toward the Acts 28 position.

The Acts 28 teaching is that there are two Bodies. Where did Anderson ever teach that? He didn't. The Acts 28 teaching is that the doctrine found in the Jewish epistles is not for those in the Body of Christ. Where did Anderson ever teach that? He didn't. The Acts 28 teaching says that the Twelve were not in the Body of Christ. Where did Anderson ever teach that? He didn't.

Despite these facts you say that Anderson leaned toward an Acts 28 position! Nothing could be farther from the truth!

Last edited:

Danoh

Ross got some bad advice and I told him so. I quoted the following words of Anderson to him where Sir Robert spoke of a new dispensation between the earlier and the later chapter of Acts:

"Who can fail to mark the contrast between the earlier and the later chapters of the Acts of the Apostles? Measured by years the period they embrace is comparatively brief; but morally the latter portion of the narrative seems to belong to a different age. And such is in fact the case. A new dispensation has begun, and the Book of the Acts covers historically the period of the transition. "the Jew first" is stamped on every page of it"
(Sir Robert Anderson, The Silence of God [Grand Rapids: Kregel Publications, 1977], 49).​

Anderson is saying that a new dispensation had begun between the earlier and the later chapters of Acts! The Acts 28 people have no dispensation starting then. Despite these facts Ross still insisted that Anderson taught that the present dispensation began at Acts 28. He cares nothing about the mud he is slinging Anderson's way.

Please explain why Anderson would speak of a dispensation beginning during the Mid-Acts period if he was leaning toward the Acts 28 position.

Ross came to that on his own. He is not alone on it. But he came to that on his own.

All another might do is point a thing out.

A guy like Ross will often look at a thing from all sides before allowing himself to conclude, and or agree on it with someone else.

And come on, brother, in that second sentence, Anderson identifies what he is talking about in that first sentence.

And didn't Anderson say something about a Pentecostal, or a Jewish Dispensation regarding all that?

Rom. 14:5; 5:7,8.

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So, even though I was saved in 5th grade, I lost my salvation when I became a MADist? (I'm 24 now)

Not everyone stay the same and many don't even know what Christianity is all about.

Self assurance is another root of corruption of many churches, imo.

just saying.

Epoisses

Not according to the covenant made with the Fathers which was a covenant of the flesh or works. The new covenant would be a covenant of the Spirit where God would forgive all sin and cleanse the heart by faith. This covenant was ratified by the death of Christ and became a reality with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost on Jews and later Gentiles. And dispies say it hasn't happened yet. Be gone unbelievers with your false prophets of Hagee and Robertson.

Last edited: