Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

popsthebuilder

Look at this contention you have pops. Interesting isn't it, how you are guilty of what you falsely accuse me of. All I did is say a person can love their slave, because you said they could not. That is NOT you speaking simple truth, it is you speaking big error. I then asked you if you have ever heard of a bond servant.

I am sorry.

These things we can work on together, helping one another if we would have any of it.

I do not know that a person can love a slave in the genuine sense of the word.

One indeed can love a bond servant though.

Thank you.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

We are to speak what is written in God's word. Christ is the Son of God....not the Spirit of God. I have verses. What do you have? You have God's UNtruth's proclamations. which are full of error and just plain blasphemous. If it is not written, don't say it.

Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Matthew 26:63 But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

Mark 1:1The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Luke 4:41 And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.

John 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

John 11:27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.​

"The Christ, the physical manifestation of God..." and "Holy Temple" etc. You've said many things, Pops, but you then go on with your "explanations" of what that means to you. Simply put, you are too inconsistent to be speaking the truth. All one has to do is read a few posts in the Trinity thread to see your complete lack of understanding concerning the DEITY of the Lord Jesus Christ.

No one is "damning you to hell", they are stating that you are headed there unless you get saved.

If you don't like hearing that you are seen as an unbeliever, and a child of the devil, then you'd best examine yourself whether you be in the faith. BUT, you won't even listen. Your PRIDE stands between you and salvation.

Christ is the Son of God the Father.

Jesus is the Christ because he has the Spirit from the Father in him but come as a man.

The Bible says PLAINLY says that Jesus is the Spirit.

popsthebuilder

We are to speak what is written in God's word. Christ is the Son of God....not the Spirit of God. I have verses. What do you have? You have God's UNtruth's proclamations. which are full of error and just plain blasphemous. If it is not written, don't say it.

Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Matthew 26:63 But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

Mark 1:1The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Luke 4:41 And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.

John 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

John 11:27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.​

"The Christ, the physical manifestation of God..." and "Holy Temple" etc. You've said many things, Pops, but you then go on with your "explanations" of what that means to you. Simply put, you are too inconsistent to be speaking the truth. All one has to do is read a few posts in the Trinity thread to see your complete lack of understanding concerning the DEITY of the Lord Jesus Christ.

No one is "damning you to hell", they are stating that you are headed there unless you get saved.

If you don't like hearing that you are seen as an unbeliever, and a child of the devil, then you'd best examine yourself whether you be in the faith. BUT, you won't even listen. Your PRIDE stands between you and salvation.
I am listening ma'am.

Believe it or not I do care to hear, and contemplate your view.

But to me Christ means anointed with the Holy Spirit, plain and simple.

And I have very much scripture to verify that.

Lastly I do not denying the Christ is the Son of GOD, though it may seem that way at times.

Such is the case when one strives to make a point against man equalling GOD almighty.

God's Truth

The your majesty was an unsavoury remark towards you in retaliation to your claim that I refused to answer a question I had yet to even read.

I had not ever done that. That is from your contentious spirit.

It was rather uncalled for in hindsight or retrospect.

It wasn't just wrong for you to try to demean me, you are wrong saying that I said you refused to answer a question.

You are looking through eyes with a contentious spirit.

Reread what you claim I said. I said no such thing.

You said a slave and master could not have love.

I said they could and asked if you heard of a bond servant.

You then came back and said I had a contentious spirit.

Can you see that you are in error, and not just for trying to slander me by calling me her Majesty? I think you would be afraid to speak to me like that in person.

popsthebuilder

Reread what you claim I said. I said no such thing.

You said a slave and master could not have love.

I said they could and asked if you heard of a bond servant.

You then came back and said I had a contentious spirit.

Can you see that you are in error?
I made a remark about the spirit of contention because of late I will be focusing in on a point to someone else and you come along and being up a related but relatively or seemingly contradictory point. This is food and fine, but it seemed to continually be happening when in particular cases when I was on the verge of showing or making a relevant point.

Yes i do see how my accusations are at times the things I too am guilty of.

Let us focus on the issue which was initially that Christ showed the actual truth pertaining to the law of GOD.

Or we can continue speaking about the differences in slavery and servitude, and how one can be applied to genuine love and faithfulness and one can be ascribed to fear and being forced to do a thing which in my opinion is very far from love.

God's Truth

I made a remark about the spirit of contention because of late I will be focusing in on a point to someone else and you come along and being up a related but relatively or seemingly contradictory point. This is food and fine, but it seemed to continually be happening when in particular cases when I was on the verge of showing or making a relevant point.

Yes i do see how my accusations are at times the things I too am guilty of.

Let us focus on the issue which was initially that Christ showed the actual truth pertaining to the law of GOD.

Or we can continue speaking about the differences in slavery and servitude, and how one can be applied to genuine love and faithfulness and one can be ascribed to fear and being forced to do a thing which in my opinion is very far from love.

You can't stop yourself can you? You are the contentious one; not "too", as in I am.

You are the contentious one. I am not.

You falsely judged me of what you are.

Jesus says that will happen.

All these people here who judge me falsely, it is exactly what they are.

popsthebuilder

You can't stop yourself can you? You are the contentious one; not "too", as in I am.
You don't have to admit it.

But I do wonder if you really cannot see that you are quite contentious at times.

It isn't a fault in itself, and I did not mean any negative thing. I am trying very hard to amend our conversation here.

I am accepting responsibility here, but I was hoping you would meet me half way at least.

You won't be though, will you?

It is a genuine question and not an attempted stab.

Till next time....

God's Truth

You don't have to admit it.

But I do wonder if you really cannot see that you are quite contentious at times.

It isn't a fault in itself, and I did not mean any negative thing. I am trying very hard to amend our conversation here.

I am accepting responsibility here, but I was hoping you would meet me half way at least.

You won't be though, will you?

It is a genuine question and not an attempted stab.

Till next time....

I am not a contentious person, not at all.

I just love helping people know God better, and when I see an opportunity to make a comment on an error someone says, then I say something. If you see it in a bad light, then look at yourself, and maybe some Proverbs.

popsthebuilder

(Short and sweet for once aye...)

Truthfulness is the foundation of all the virtues of the world of humanity. Without truthfulness, progress and success in all of the worlds of God are impossible for a soul. When this holy attribute is established in man, all the divine qualities will also become realized.

‘Abdu’l-Bahá - (Tablets of Abdul-Baha Abbas)

popsthebuilder

(Short and sweet for once aye...)

Truthfulness is the foundation of all the virtues of the world of humanity. Without truthfulness, progress and success in all of the worlds of God are impossible for a soul. When this holy attribute is established in man, all the divine qualities will also become realized.

‘Abdu’l-Bahá - (Tablets of Abdul-Baha Abbas)

This brings to mind that name was spoken of in the Quran that was mentioned initially by God's Truth.

What was it again?

popsthebuilder

Could you explain more what you are saying?
It was a name that the Messiah mentioned as a later messenger.

We where conflating it with Mohammad but I personally haven't looked into the actual names to see their meanings, and if there is a correlation to any of the writings ascribed to the Baha'i.

I looked through the thread earlier and didn't see it. Time was limited and still is. I can find it later. Not even sure why it came to mind. Just an inquiry I would like to make.

God's Truth

It was a name that the Messiah mentioned as a later messenger.

We where conflating it with Mohammad but I personally haven't looked into the actual names to see their meanings, and if there is a correlation to any of the writings ascribed to the Baha'i.

I looked through the thread earlier and didn't see it. Time was limited and still is. I can find it later. Not even sure why it came to mind. Just an inquiry I would like to make.

The Bible doesn't say the Messiah mentions another prophet coming. Why would we be told of another prophet when Jesus sent apostles? Jesus sent apostles and the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

Salvation is from the Jews.

Not the nowadays Jews.

Because they have been cut off and bound to the same place as the Gentiles.

Salvation is not from the Muslims, or the Buddhists, or the India people, or the English, or anywhere else.

Salvation is from the Jews.

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Solomon, etc.

From Jesus Christ, who is God born to the virgin Jewess, Mary.

God's Truth

Because it is the subject of the thread.

And things can be expounded upon/ reiterated/ verified/ united/ harmonious/ of One accord by seeking for the truth.....feeling after it even; for the sake of all.

It is the topic of the thread and it is also the topic of the thread about WHY NOT.