Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

popsthebuilder

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. - Matthew 5:17-20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew5:17-20&version=KJ21

Jesus taught to keep the whole law, and that the law will not pass away until heaven and earth pass away.

So, GT, you ready to go on a diet?
How do you not understand that it is not the letter of the written law but striving to persevere in GOD'S Law written on the heart and mind of the believer?

Really.

Please answer to the best of uour own ability with as few words as possible.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How do you not understand that it is not the letter of the written law but striving to persevere in GOD'S Law written on the heart and mind of the believer?

Really.

Please answer to the best of uour own ability with as few words as possible.

You do know the context of the verses I quoted, yes? If not, Go read the entire chapter. Which law is being discussed?

Reactions: Lon

God's Truth

And again you go against me for speaking plain simple truth.

Why;

The spirit of contention has overwhelmed you and you are addicted to your own words.

You are the spirit of contention.

You said a slave is not loved.

You speak error and don't like to be corrected.

Now answer the question.

Have you ever heard of a bond servant?

You need to stop being a teacher and judge because you are a false teacher and a false judge.

God's Truth

It seems that Popsthebuilder wants to call me names too now because I care enough and want to speak the truth to him.

He said you cannot love a slave.

I asked if he knew what a bond servant is.

I guess he doesn't think learning the truth is good when it is your "friend"?

Zeke

I'm using the word "cult" to mean exactly what it means, a denial of the deity and gospel of Jesus Christ. That is not bigoted but is clear.

There is a another text/testament hidden in the letter, the letter is like the dead skins that covered the tabernacle in wilderness, the spiritual things were hidden inside its outer coverings that you specialize in, 2 Cor 3:6 is the only divide in the application of these two perception one from the outside the dark sayings/cult that hide the spiritual intent from its literal readers still playing in Caesars world instead of being an ambassador for the spiritual kingdom within man.

Your I AM aint.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Accept facts.......

Accept facts.......

I'm using the word "cult" to mean exactly what it means, a denial of the deity and gospel of Jesus Christ. That is not bigoted but is clear.

I shared facts. Christianity is one religious cult or tradition among others. Below is a basic definition of what a cult is from a neutral and negative perspective.

You only use one more negative definition of the word in a pejorative sense, which makes your statement and belief bigoted. - thats a fact.

My former commentary challenging the exclusive claims of the bible or any one religious cult or tradition as being the only inspired one in existence also still stands, both rationally and philosophically.

You cannot put God in a box, neither necessarily call another tradition, sect or denomination a 'cult' in the negative use of the word, when all organized religions or communities can qualify as being a 'cult' in the generic sense.

Cult:

Generic, nuetral, universal meaning:

noun

a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.

- a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.

- Sociology. a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols

Negative aspect:

- a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.

- Dictionary.com

Last edited:

glorydaz

You aren't forced to be hear or read it or participate.

You call much wrongly.

I am no dog ma'am, or perhaps you would care for me to call you a dog. You are female aren't you?

If i were a dog, then I wouldn't be a yippie little dog with all bark and no bite.

But I would be loyal to my Master, which no man or woman is.

A lap dog is a man pleaser, or in your case, a woman pleaser.
Now, don't go saying I never taught you anything.

Yep, a lap dog, but you nipped her, and now you're left to whine about how mistreated you are. :carryon:

PS You can call me whatever you think you can get away with. :chew:

popsthebuilder

You do know the context of the verses I quoted, yes? If not, Go read the entire chapter. Which law is being discussed?
What? What kinda side step is that?

The law....it's sorta similar to the Gospel friend.....there is one.....kinda like GOD too, I'm that respect, and others.

As if I'm going to argue your terms under the rule of the very terms I argue against.

How asanine is that?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Agape........

Agape........

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. - Matthew 5:17-20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew5:17-20&version=KJ21

Jesus taught to keep the whole law, and that the law will not pass away until heaven and earth pass away.

Do note that Jesus holds exclusively to a true monotheism, upholding the Shema in law and principle. God is one. The 2 greatest commandments are instrinsic in the one supreme.

Eternal laws and principles ever hold. The one fundamental law is love, expressed in synergy between man and Deity. The new covenant of the Spirit enables man to fulfill divine law. God (love) is its own fulfillment. God is the divine law, energy and activity sustaining one's being. There is no sin or its potential where perfect love is.

popsthebuilder

You are the spirit of contention.

You said a slave is not loved.

You speak error and don't like to be corrected.

Now answer the question.

Have you ever heard of a bond servant?

You need to stop being a teacher and judge because you are a false teacher and a false judge.
Of course I have heard of a bond servant dear friend.

One can give themselves wholly to the servitude of or towards another.

Such being a case out of fear or force is not in any way love.

Thank you for bringing up the difference between the two though, as it wasn't my intent to conflate the two or confuse any.

popsthebuilder

It seems that Popsthebuilder wants to call me names too now because I care enough and want to speak the truth to him.

He said you cannot love a slave.

I asked if he knew what a bond servant is.

I guess he doesn't think learning the truth is good when it is your "friend"?
I'm sorry.

I can't always rush to respond to a forum post that I'm not even aware of when I have other things that are pertinent to my existence and the well being of my family and the keeping up of my responsibilities. Though I love to discuss things; especially all sides of things; I simply cannot jump when her majesty says jump, and o couldn't really care any less how high one expects me to leap. When I have time, if I see a post and find it to potentially be conducive to profitable conversation, then I will surely answer if I am able. Yet even still, that doesn't mean I'll see everything. So do excuse this bond servant of the Lord if I do not answer you instantly, or respond to nonsense or intentional contention at all times.

How is it that everyone jumps to assume a thing against me with out first simply asking without the strife against a fellow believer in Christ?

Perhaps this is a product of my doing to some minor extent. I will attempt to keep it in mind though (my) want is to call everyone on every little thing that could be wrong without first simply inquiring of them. I mean; how great would it be to conclude matters without ever really even contending? We must contend, make no mistake,( though grace alone/Calvinism would have us believe otherwise), but must we bare arms before even knowing what one is fighting about.

The fact of the matter is that if the Spirit of GOD is preached to manifest within the Holy Temple (GOD'S blessed physical creation(man)) then that writing is claiming to be affirming Christ (the Spirit of GOD) and Jesus( the physical manifestation there of). It is for us to make certain that such is true, due to the fact that there are many false Christ's and most don't realize quite how Christ is made manifest and how it pertains to each and every body. So indeed we must test the spirits regardless of if they reside within the pages of texts or the words and deeds of man.

I told you how you were being.

I never called you a name ma'am.

popsthebuilder

A lap dog is a man pleaser, or in your case, a woman pleaser.
Now, don't go saying I never taught you anything.

Yep, a lap dog, but you nipped her, and now you're left to whine about how mistreated you are. :carryon:

PS You can call me whatever you think you can get away with. :chew:
I knew what it was ma'am...thank you though; for making your perception very clear for all. No I'll intent.

I don't really please too many people these days I don't think.

I have a few wannabe and overgrown lap dogs.

The loyalty of a dog was partly due to the connotations of such that you brought forth with your initial statement about me being a little lap dog.

So then Ma'am is okay with you. Good; I am most comfortable with that too given your due respect and my upbringing I suppose.

Good evening

glorydaz

How is it that everyone jumps to assume a thing against me with out first simply asking without the strife against a fellow believer in Christ?

The problem is that you don't sound like a believer in Christ. No one started "jumping" until you started making it clear that you are outside the faith....that you lack the basic knowledge that believers have.

Case in point.

The fact of the matter is that if the Spirit of GOD is preached to manifest within the Holy Temple (GOD'S blessed physical creation(man)) then that writing is claiming to be affirming Christ (the Spirit of GOD) and Jesus( the physical manifestation there of). It is for us to make certain that such is true, due to the fact that there are many false Christ's and most don't realize quite how Christ is made manifest and how it pertains to each and every body. So indeed we must test the spirits regardless of if they reside within the pages of texts or the words and deeds of man.

The Spirit of God is NOT to be preached, but the LORD Jesus Christ is. Christ is NOT the Spirit of God. He is the Son of the Living God. He is the Word (God) come in the flesh. These are simple facts that all true believers know, but YOU don't.

Instead, you focus on what you assume is a "bitterness" you claim to hear from those who are merely speaking the truth. Those who are not saved are children of the devil. That may hurt your feelings, but your feelings need to be hurt. Your eternal life is at stake, and you are refusing to hear the Gospel of Salvation.

You refuse to acknowledge Jesus as Lord and God.

Those who will be blessed.....those who call Jesus Lord and God by faith.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

popsthebuilder

The problem is that you don't sound like a believer in Christ. No one started "jumping" until you started making it clear that you are outside the faith....that you lack the basic knowledge that believers have.

Case in point.

The Spirit of God is NOT to be preached, but the LORD Jesus Christ is. Christ is NOT the Spirit of God. He is the Son of the Living God. He is the Word (God) come in the flesh. These are simple facts that all true believers know, but YOU don't.

Instead, you focus on what you assume is a "bitterness" you claim to hear from those who are merely speaking the truth. Those who are not saved are children of the devil. That may hurt your feelings, but your feelings need to be hurt. Your eternal life is at stake, and you are refusing to hear the Gospel of Salvation.

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

"Christ is NOT the Spirit of God."

This opinion of yours I do not agree with.

I do not see it as you do even within the scripture evidently, though I would be happy to discuss it further and am not against changing my belief upon being shown to be wrong with the plain reading of in context scripture.

"You refuse to acknowledge Jesus as Lord and God."

This particular part of your opinion seems wholly unsubstantiated and based of off some form of bias. I have confessed the Christ/ the physical manifestation of GOD/ to be my Lord, King, and GOD to you personally on more than one occasion, yet you proceed to claim wholly otherwise.

And repeatedly damning one to hell or claiming them to be wholly satan and nothing else over and over and over with nothing to substanciate it other than more of the same, is no sign of the saved or truth whatsoever regardless of if you want a reason to excuse it or not.

God's Truth

I'm sorry.

I can't always rush to respond to a forum post that I'm not even aware of when I have other things that are pertinent to my existence and the well being of my family and the keeping up of my responsibilities. Though I love to discuss things; especially all sides of things; I simply cannot jump when her majesty says jump, and o couldn't really care any less how high one expects me to leap. When I have time, if I see a post and find it to potentially be conducive to profitable conversation, then I will surely answer if I am able. Yet even still, that doesn't mean I'll see everything. So do excuse this bond servant of the Lord if I do not answer you instantly, or respond to nonsense or intentional contention at all times.

Perhaps this is a product of my doing to some minor extent. I will attempt to keep it in mind though (my) want is to call everyone on every little thing that could be wrong without first simply inquiring of them. I mean; how great would it be to conclude matters without ever really even contending? We must contend, make no mistake,( though grace alone/Calvinism would have us believe otherwise), but must we bare arms before even knowing what one is fighting about.

I told you how you were being.

I never called you a name ma'am.

Who is the your Majesty that you were speaking about?

You should not speak of your wife like that.

You told me how I was being?

I don't need you to tell me how I am being.

I tell you to stop being rude.

You are not a good judge.

You are not qualified to judge me.

God's Truth

And again you go against me for speaking plain simple truth.

Why;

The spirit of contention has overwhelmed you and you are addicted to your own words.

Look at this contention you have pops. Interesting isn't it, how you are guilty of what you falsely accuse me of. All I did is say a person can love their slave, because you said they could not. That is NOT you speaking simple truth, it is you speaking big error. I then asked you if you have ever heard of a bond servant.

glorydaz

"Christ is NOT the Spirit of God."

This opinion of yours I do not agree with.

I do not see it as you do even within the scripture evidently, though I would be happy to discuss it further and am not against changing my belief upon being shown to be wrong with the plain reading of in context scripture.

We are to speak what is written in God's word. Christ is the Son of God....not the Spirit of God. I have verses. What do you have? You have God's UNtruth's proclamations. which are full of error and just plain blasphemous. If it is not written, don't say it.

Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Matthew 26:63 But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

Mark 1:1The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Luke 4:41 And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.

John 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

John 11:27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.​

"You refuse to acknowledge Jesus as Lord and God."

This particular part of your opinion seems wholly unsubstantiated and based of off some form of bias. I have confessed the Christ/ the physical manifestation of GOD/ to be my Lord, King, and GOD to you personally on more than one occasion, yet you proceed to claim wholly otherwise.

"The Christ, the physical manifestation of God..." and "Holy Temple" etc. You've said many things, Pops, but you then go on with your "explanations" of what that means to you. Simply put, you are too inconsistent to be speaking the truth. All one has to do is read a few posts in the Trinity thread to see your complete lack of understanding concerning the DEITY of the Lord Jesus Christ.

And repeatedly damning one to hell or claiming them to be wholly satan and nothing else over and over and over with nothing to substanciate it other than more of the same, is no sign of the saved or truth whatsoever regardless of if you want a reason to excuse it or not.

No one is "damning you to hell", they are stating that you are headed there unless you get saved.

If you don't like hearing that you are seen as an unbeliever, and a child of the devil, then you'd best examine yourself whether you be in the faith. BUT, you won't even listen. Your PRIDE stands between you and salvation.

God's Truth

Case in point.

We ARE our spirit. Our body is a flesh tent until we get our immortal tent.

Jesus spirit IS the Spirit of God the Father.

popsthebuilder

Who is the your Majesty that you were speaking about?

You should not speak of your wife like that.

You told me how I was being?

I don't need you to tell me how I am being.

I tell you to stop being rude.

You are not a good judge.

You are not qualified to judge me.
The your majesty was an unsavoury remark towards you in retaliation to your claim that I refused to answer a question I had yet to even read.

It was rather uncalled for in hindsight or retrospect.