Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

I've already shown you, using your own post with the verses, that they do not say that the dietary law was abolished. Would you like to post them again so I can show you again that they do not say it was abolished?

You can't change scripture to say what you want it to say, GT. Either it says the d. law was abolished, or it doesn't.

Jesus fulfilled that purification law. Your mere denials mean nothing concerning the Truth.

popsthebuilder

Says the one trying to change the subject.

Pretty sure the topic is a specific section of the law, and not the entirety of the law. We're talking dietary law here, Pops, not sure if you've been paying attention.

The laws in the Bible concerning slavery are a separate group of laws under the general topic of Biblical Law.

Pops, make up your mind now, would you like to change the topic to slavery? or would you like to continue discussing the dietary law?
The written law of Moses as a whole and how the Christ of GOD came with the Truth of the matter, if that's okay with you.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING, YOU NUMBSKULL!

The dietary law WASN'T REPEALED. GT says it was repealed in the verses she provided. Yet not a single verse that she provided says the dietary law was repealed.

My point is that GT IS WRONG by saying that the dietary law was repealed, that she no longer has to keep the dietary law, yet according to her, Jesus says to keep the whole law, but she doesn't keep the dietary law, therefore according to her own doctrine, she's sinning by eating meats that are unclean (as defined by the dietary law).
Nope; the Christ spoke of what we eat; and nothing that we eat that is food can harm us or move us from salvation or away from GOD.

this pertains to the law of the Spirit just as all the law does.

That you make needless divisions to seemingly escape having to abide by the Word is, well; unfortunate.

popsthebuilder

Thank you,

All things are more or less 'assumed', so this includes all things, whether true or not. I write in the contextual playground of 'creative dialogue' and 'theosophical inquiry', towards the expansion of consciousness.

Our words have the power of life and death(spoken and written), hence the writer has great power in his craft, to hone his gift, perfect his art. It is by our words that we are judged, beyond whatever assumptions we hold, regardless of beliefs.

About your posting the text, are you only accessing the forum here thru a smartphone? Hence the limited interface restrictions? (Cut/paste apps, etc.) I suggest if possible using a desk, laptop or tablet for greater versatility and freedom. I'm usually on my desktop, loving to be at my desk with full control at the terminal, otherwise as in the past few days im out of town, so using my HDX kindle tablet (7") holding it, typing with my thumbs :) - so my commentaries are somewhat more condensed by the limitations of a smaller tablet device.

Please also remember to post the source-text identifying your quotes.

The Bahai writings are wonderful, and most of the principles of this school uphold the highest ideals of humanity, based in love for truth, justice, unity, cooperation, peace, brotherhood, solidarity. These are right in my wheelhouse as a theosophist and unitarian-universalist....liberally and more generically speaking. We've had a few threads on Bahaism in the past.
I am indeed limited to a smart phone, and do not see that changing.

I posted the text early in the morning, and even that separate app doesn't show source material unless I leave from the actual texts.

It was sloppy execution on my part that I will try to work on.

Thank you for clarifying that assumption as you used it was a reference to some level of agnosticism.

peace

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I never used the word 'repeal'.

And, Jesus told the Jews to do what the Pharisees and teachers of the law said BECAUSE THEY SAT IN MOSES' seat. Moses' seat is GONE. The temple is gone. Jesus said it would be gone.

You sound so confused and strange. Get a grip.

Abolish - formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution).
synonyms: put an end to, get rid of, scrap, end, stop, terminate, ax, eradicate, eliminate, exterminate, destroy, annihilate, stamp out, obliterate, wipe out, extinguish, quash, expunge, extirpate; annul, cancel, invalidate, negate, nullify, void, dissolve; rescind, repeal, revoke, overturn; discontinue, remove, excise, drop, jettison;
informal do away with, ditch, junk, scrub, dump;
formal abrogate

You said that the dietary law was abolished. Repeal is a synonym for abolish. It means the same thing. Try again.

I asked for verses that say that the dietary law was repealed/abolished. You provided verses that do not say the dietary law was abolished, but claimed that they do. You're a liar, or at best, deceptive, attempting to twist scripture to fit your beliefs. Stop it.

GT, last time I will ask before I conclude that you are unable to answer the question:

Where in scripture does the Bible say that the dietary law was abolished/repealed/annulled/etc?

If you cannot find any, then if you're not a hypocrite, you need to obey the dietary laws because you teach obedience to everything Jesus taught, and that would include the dietary law.

God's Truth

Abolish - formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution).
synonyms: put an end to, get rid of, scrap, end, stop, terminate, ax, eradicate, eliminate, exterminate, destroy, annihilate, stamp out, obliterate, wipe out, extinguish, quash, expunge, extirpate; annul, cancel, invalidate, negate, nullify, void, dissolve; rescind, repeal, revoke, overturn; discontinue, remove, excise, drop, jettison;
informal do away with, ditch, junk, scrub, dump;
formal abrogate

You said that the dietary law was abolished. Repeal is a synonym for abolish. It means the same thing. Try again.

I asked for verses that say that the dietary law was repealed/abolished. You provided verses that do not say the dietary law was abolished, but claimed that they do. You're a liar, or at best, deceptive, attempting to twist scripture to fit your beliefs. Stop it.

GT, last time I will ask before I conclude that you are unable to answer the question:

Where in scripture does the Bible say that the dietary law was abolished/repealed/annulled/etc?

If you cannot find any, then if you're not a hypocrite, you need to obey the dietary laws because you teach obedience to everything Jesus taught, and that would include the dietary law.

Jesus fulfilled all the purification laws so that I am made clean by faith, not by a special diet.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nope; the Christ spoke of what we eat; and nothing that we eat that is food can harm us or move us from salvation or away from GOD.

54a71871db283f096e5085bb851617ff.gif

None of what you just said means that the dietary law is repealed/abolished. Do you know what abolished means? I gave the definition in my previous post.

this pertains to the law of the Spirit just as all the law does.

That you make needless divisions to seemingly escape having to abide by the Word is, well; unfortunate.

It's called rightly dividing the word of truth, Pops. You are unable to do so, so it confuses you.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I am indeed limited to a smart phone, and do not see that changing.

I posted the text early in the morning, and even that separate app doesn't show source material unless I leave from the actual texts.

It was sloppy execution on my part that I will try to work on.

Thank you for clarifying that assumption as you used it was a reference to some level of agnosticism.

peace

Ok.....maybe you can enjoy the facility of other device formats in future :)

All is point of view, so is assumption on some level no matter what criteria of determination of truth or error is assumed.

As a spiritualist at heart, and a student of all reality, I must be open to consider, explore and research all assumptions. Universal science demands it. I have no fear in studying secular, atheistic or agnostic views.

Only what is absolute is absolute. All else by definition and description is relative.

Anyone claiming Light can be limited to one color in the light spectrum, is promoting a false science and therefore a false theology.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus fulfilled all the purification laws so that I am made clean by faith, not by a special diet.
Fulfilled != Abolished
Fulfilled != Repealed

You teach obey all of what Jesus said, Jesus said to keep the whole law, not just the parts you want to keep. Paul says if you keep one part of the law, you must keep all of it. That includes the dietary law.

You are sinning by not keeping the dietary law, GT. Repent and start keeping the law, or else you won't be saved.

popsthebuilder

Ok.....maybe you can enjoy the facility of other device formats in future :)

All is point of view, so is assumption on some level no matter what criteria of determination of truth or error is assumed.

As a spiritualist at heart, and a student of all reality, I must be open to consider, explore and research all assumptions. Universal science demands it. I have no fear in studying secular, atheistic or agnostic views.

Only what is absolute is absolute. All else by definition and description is relative.

Anyone claiming Light can be limited to one color in the light spectrum, is promoting a false science and therefore a false theology.
We agree wholly here it seems.

I in know way meant to say you had no knowledge or uncertainly.

It is when such turns to and promotes doubt is when it becomes a thing that can potentially steer one astray to some extent.

All is subjective to some level, as we all percieve things individually.

That in no way means, to me, that there is not universal morality, and ultimately a singular, benevolent cause.

What I am trying to say is that there are things that can be known to be wholly and utterly true, regardless of if our capacities afford us a clear and full view or not.

Yes Sir, (I presume)
I think we are in agreement.

(A rare thing indeed, if actually true.)

peace

God's Truth

Fulfilled != Abolished
Fulfilled != Repealed

You teach obey all of what Jesus said, Jesus said to keep the whole law, not just the parts you want to keep. Paul says if you keep one part of the law, you must keep all of it. That includes the dietary law.

You are sinning by not keeping the dietary law, GT. Repent and start keeping the law, or else you won't be saved.

That is not what Jesus said and taught. You are badly mistaken not knowing the Lord or the scriptures.

popsthebuilder

Please don't say I add to what you said.

You did go go church. So don't falsely accuse me of adding. You are a dishonest person.

"I lived with my mom. We didn't go to church much; maybe a handful of times in early childhood."

You also say, "I pleaded to GOD, Christ, Jesus, whatever."

You were born and raised in the USA and was a man in his thirties, you did go to church a little bit, but never heard that JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD?!

You are really blowing smoke now.
Again; you miss the point or mark.

My point is and was that I did not know Jesus or GOD, but called with utter sincerity to whatever was more powerful than me, that I had heard somewhere along the line, was supposed to be there.

I maybe went to church as a young child perhaps 10 times....and that is being generous.

I had indeed heard of the Christ, and GOD, in some form; I attended a Christian based school for part of kindergarten or first grade.

I do not specifically recall anything about the Son of GOD as a child so much as Jesus (however; I must admit that I was somehow drawn to the whole idea, and too threw it out due to the horrible onservable pain we see in life. I guess I couldn't see how if all was paid for and done that there should be pain and death. I also recall not putting too much into what they said due to dinosaur's not being in the Bible. I was very young; and near this point I became some level of agnostic/ atheist, and stayed that way, in some form or another, up until age 30 in 2011.

You saying this has anything to do with the validity of the Quran is a very far stretch to me.

popsthebuilder

Please don't say I add to what you said.

You did go go church. So don't falsely accuse me of adding. You are a dishonest person.

"I lived with my mom. We didn't go to church much; maybe a handful of times in early childhood."

You also say, "I pleaded to GOD, Christ, Jesus, whatever."

You were born and raised in the USA and was a man in his thirties, you did go to church a little bit, but never heard that JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD?!

You are really blowing smoke now.
"You are really blowing smoke now."

Are your little personal opinions about me really needed to promote truth?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christianity is but one religious cult among others. If you're using the word 'cult' in a biased or bigoted manner, your use is arbitrary....since I refer to the term in its nuetral, universal and generic sense.

I've also also provided ample support and reasons to invalidate your claim or belief that God is limited to any one book or cult.

I'm using the word "cult" to mean exactly what it means, a denial of the deity and gospel of Jesus Christ. That is not bigoted but is clear.

God's Truth

Again; you miss the point or mark.

No you are missing the point.

My point is and was that I did not know Jesus or GOD, but called with utter sincerity to whatever was more powerful than me, that I had heard somewhere along the line, was supposed to be there.

You knew enough. You knew his name and you knew he is called the Son of God. You didn't know the Jesus of the Qur'an who is not the Son of God.

I maybe went to church as a young child perhaps 10 times....and that is being generous.

I had indeed heard of the Christ, and GOD, in some form; I attended a Christian based school for part of kindergarten or first grade.

I do not specifically recall anything about the Son of GOD as a child so much as Jesus (however; I must admit that I was somehow drawn to the whole idea, and too threw it out due to the horrible onservable pain we see in life. I guess I couldn't see how if all was paid for and done that there should be pain and death. I also recall not putting too much into what they said due to dinosaur's not being in the Bible. I was very young; and near this point I became some level of agnostic/ atheist, and stayed that way, in some form or another, up until age 30 in 2011.

You saying this has anything to do with the validity of the Quran is a very far stretch to me.

I am trying to show you that it is not a far stretch.

I have been telling you that the Qur'an speaks of another God and another Jesus.

You keep saying you did not know about either. However, I have proven that you knew Jesus is the Son of God as taught in the Holy Bible and not what the Qur'an says.

popsthebuilder

Don't blow smoke if you want to speak truthfully with me.
K

Revelation 2: 7. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. 8. And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; 9. I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. 10. Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. 11. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. 12. And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges; 13. I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth. 14. But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. 15. So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. 16. Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. 17. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. 18. And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19. I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20. Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. 21. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. 24. But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25. But that which ye have already hold fast till I come. 26. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27. And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. 28. And I will give him the morning star. 29. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

I believe this wholly.

Now please do not say that I do not understand what it is to be a son of GOD and after His own heart.

Who am I blowing smoke at?

I told you; this is no have to me.

Don't over think it though; those verses aren't a reference to you per say.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is not what Jesus said and taught. You are badly mistaken not knowing the Lord or the scriptures.

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. - Matthew 5:17-20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew5:17-20&version=KJ21

Jesus taught to keep the whole law, and that the law will not pass away until heaven and earth pass away.

So, GT, you ready to go on a diet?

popsthebuilder

No you are missing the point.

You knew enough. You knew his name and you knew he is called the Son of God. You didn't know the Jesus of the Qur'an who is not the Son of God.

I am trying to show you that it is not a far stretch.

I have been telling you that the Qur'an speaks of another God and another Jesus.

You keep saying you did not know about either. However, I have proven that you knew Jesus is the Son of God as taught in the Holy Bible and not what the Qur'an says.
O did not know or understand anything about God the Son.

I had heard of help, and a higher power, and a savior.

popsthebuilder

54a71871db283f096e5085bb851617ff.gif

None of what you just said means that the dietary law is repealed/abolished. Do you know what abolished means? I gave the definition in my previous post.

It's called rightly dividing the word of truth, Pops. You are unable to do so, so it confuses you.
Why the front?

I expressly said that they weren't abolished or done away with but expounded upon.

Your continuance in what has already been established and discussed shows your own inability to move forward in conversation; not mine sir.