Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

Because it is the subject of the thread.

And things can be expounded upon/ reiterated/ verified/ united/ harmonious/ of One accord by seeking for the truth.....feeling after it even; for the sake of all.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Many denominations teach different doctrines, teachings that God does not say, teachings that are added, and contradict God’s word. Our Lord says in Mark 7:7 They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men. We worship God in vain if it comes from the doctrines of men and not from God.

As Peter told the Jewish council in Acts 5:29, “We ought to obey God rather than men”.
Scripture is the ultimate authority. Psalms 138:2 …for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.

Deuteronomy 4:2; 5:32, Proverbs 30:5-6 and Revelation 22:18-19 warn against adding to or detracting from Scripture. Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Deuteronomy 5:32 So be careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. “Every word of God is flawless: he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.
Proverbs 30:5-6 We are exhorted to check out teaching against Scripture (Isaiah 8:20; Acts 17:11.)
The Bereans of Acts 17:11, “examining the Scriptures daily, to see whether these things were so.”
Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to the word, they have no light of dawn.

Jesus says that tradition keeps man from God’s truth: Matthew 15:6-9 Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.’”

Mark 7:8-9, 13 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” And he said to them: “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life. All we need to guide us to eternal life is written down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

We are not to follow tradition or church laws or any human rules as authority(Matthew 15:1-14; Colossians 2:8; Galatians 1:6-9; Proverbs 14:12; 2 John 9-11; Jeremiah 10:23).
The world’s wisdom is foolishness to God (Matthew 11:25; Luke 10:21; 1 Corinthians 1:7, 19-21, 25-27; 2:1, 4-7, 13; 3:18,19; 2 Corinthians 1:2; Ephesians 1:8, 17; Colossians 1:9; 2:3; James 1:5; 2 Peter 3:15). We do not have to read books upon books to understand and explain our beliefs, as do those with false beliefs.

God's Truth

Jesus is the WORD OF GOD. That means Jesus' words are the words from God Himself.

The Holy Bible is the written Word of God.

I want Jesus, the Word of God.

I do not want the Catholic's popes words and the catechism.

I do not want Joseph Smith's extra books with words from those people.

I do not want words from the Qur'an or Muhammad.

I do not want words from Bahá'u'lláh.

I do not want words from Buddha.

I do not want words from Gandhi.

I don't want the words from the prophetess Ellen G. White.

I don't want the words from Augustine, Luther, or John Calvin.

I don't want the words from new age teachers.

I only want the words of Jesus Christ who IS the WORD OF GOD.

God's Truth

Which as of yet, for you, seems to be the denial of GOD the Son.

Strange to me, coming from you, but what do I know.

Again, your name is popsthebuilder, and you have a son, and you build houses for a living. Someone tells me they know popsthebuilder, but he doesn't have a son, only a daughter, and he builds office buildings. Is this the same popsthebuilder?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Why talk about any other book?

Why limit yourself to one book? What is infinite certainly doesn't, neither is it possible.

A universal education is much better than wilfull ignorance ;)

'God' is the universal SUN from which many rays extend.

'God' is the oceanic source from which many rivers flow. All streams flow back to Source.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Ahmad

Ahmad

It was a name that the Messiah mentioned as a later messenger.

We where conflating it with Mohammad but I personally haven't looked into the actual names to see their meanings, and if there is a correlation to any of the writings ascribed to the Baha'i.

I looked through the thread earlier and didn't see it. Time was limited and still is. I can find it later. Not even sure why it came to mind. Just an inquiry I would like to make.

Are you referring to 'Ahmad'? Its a short form of 'muhammad' mentioned by Jesus in the koran as a messenger to come after him. Muhammad is also assumed to be the promised paraclete (holy spirit) thru some slight variable reading of the original word (as 'periklytos')... however...I dont find this particular reference-claim as tenable or convincing.

Muhammad in the koran

oatmeal

Per repeated request in am starting this thread. It will no doubt cause many to turn their backs on me, but that does not matter to me. I have been alone my whole life pretty much, yet never really was.

I believe that all core sacred monotheistic texts are profitable for scripture unless they outright plainly deny the Christ. This even goes for a few writings that are generally seen as polytheistic yet in actuality show themselves to ultimately glorify One merciful Creator of all existence.

These writings include but are not limited to the Bible, Quran, book of Enoch, the Torah, the Zend Avesta, writings ascribed to the Baha'i faith, the Gita, upinishads and other writings.

Let the fun begin.

I will actually be surprised if I get any intelligible coversation from this except for from maybe one person.

Regardless...

peace

Please leave your negativity and name calling at the door.

In order to properly address this issue accurately, all ambiguities would have to be dispelled.

How? by defining your terms.

What do you mean by sacred?

Is your definition of sacred the right one for this discussion?

Is my definition or anyone else's definition of sacred more or less important than yours?

What is God's definition of sacred?

Does God's viewpoint in this matter matter?

popsthebuilder

In order to properly address this issue accurately, all ambiguities would have to be dispelled.

How? by defining your terms.

What do you mean by sacred?

Is your definition of sacred the right one for this discussion?

Is my definition or anyone else's definition of sacred more or less important than yours?

What is God's definition of sacred?

Does God's viewpoint in this matter matter?

Sacred means inspired by GOD and profitable for determining doctrine pleasing to GOD.

Of course the view of GOD matters on all points.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The only idiot is the one who claims a thing to be against the truth from a point of view equal to ignorance.

No one can claim a thing is any sort of way without first finding out for themselves.

So I need to get cancer to find out for myself that it kills people?

popsthebuilder

So I need to get cancer to find out for myself that it kills people?
Hmph...how good an example is this; as tumors are seen in such a light/ shade due to societal norms and the tunnel vision syndrome of the manner of scientific endeavor that is employed.

Not all tumors are negative, but are made by the body for specific beneficial purposes.

The man you are speaking to is both case and point if you would believe it.

Biopsy is linked to later malignincy and movement/ metamorphosis of tumor nature.

Also; tumors are said to not be due to physical trauma; this is wholly asinine in many obvious cases; not excluding my own.

God's Truth

Why limit yourself to one book? What is infinite certainly doesn't, neither is it possible.

A universal education is much better than wilfull ignorance ;)

'God' is the universal SUN from which many rays extend.

'God' is the oceanic source from which many rivers flow. All streams flow back to Source.

I go by the Word of God. If you want universal knowledge of God, then spread around the world the only Truth as written in the Holy Bible.

God's Truth

The only idiot is the one who claims a thing to be against the truth from a point of view equal to ignorance.

No one can claim a thing is any sort of way without first finding out for themselves.

Proverbs says learning from knowledge is wiser then learning from experience.

I believe the Holy Bible.

The Holy Bible says not to mix, add, or subtract; we are not even to lean to the left or to the right.

popsthebuilder

Proverbs says learning from knowledge is wiser then learning from experience.

I believe the Holy Bible.

The Holy Bible says not to mix, add, or subtract; we are not even to lean to the left or to the right.
I so not doubt that to some extent.

However; it just so happens to be the case that I personally have always been that stubborn one who had to know for self for sure to even believe a thing.

To a fault as you say.

popsthebuilder

Have you ever read the Satanic Bible?

So you think just because a book has truth in it should be promoted as you do your choice books?
I have not.

And the truth should always be promoted over false propogations to the itching ears and greedy souls.