Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

God's Truth

Why limit yourself to one book? What is infinite certainly doesn't, neither is it possible.

A universal education is much better than wilfull ignorance ;)

'God' is the universal SUN from which many rays extend.

'God' is the oceanic source from which many rivers flow. All streams flow back to Source.

What you said reminds me of a video where a man speaks of how he used to believe like that. It is an Islamic teaching.

God's Truth

And yet some can access Christ through other means than a particular book.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Salvation is through Jesus Christ.

Salvation is from the Jews.

Not nowadays Jews, but Abraham's descendants, Isaac, Jacob, David...

You cannot mix, subtract, or add, not even lean to the left or to the right.

Jesus is the Way.

Not your other prophets who tickle your ears.

popsthebuilder

Salvation is through Jesus Christ.

Salvation is from the Jews.

Not nowadays Jews, but Abraham's descendants, Isaac, Jacob, David...

You cannot mix, subtract, or add, not even lean to the left or to the right.

Jesus is the Way.

Not your other prophets who tickle your ears.
What other prophets.

I am speaking only of those of the Abrahamic GOD at this time.

The Baha'i is of Islam and Islam is indeed of the Abrahamic faith and GOD.
even the zend avesta can be linked to the line of Abraham.

The Quran is a historical account of the very Prophets and Messengers you speak. You would know that if you cared to actually inquire directly as opposed to taking the words of others.

popsthebuilder

The Gospel of the grace of God, which you reject, is the only means by which you can access Him and be forgiven your sins.
How do you say I reject the grace of GOD?

By the grace of GOD I stand here this day. HIS seemingly limitless grace and mercy is far beyond my ability to adequately describe.

I am ever thankful.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
More truth 4 U..........

More truth 4 U..........

What you said reminds me of a video where a man speaks of how he used to believe like that. It is an Islamic teaching.

My universal worldview and inclusivism is probably much wider than Islams, for they are inclusive of all true prophets, yet exclusive in their claim that Islam is the apex or pinnacle of God's revelation, Muhammad being the seal of the prophets, the completion. Like many revelatory or prophetic traditions....guess whose prophet represents the lastest and most complete revelation?

Thats one 'trap' for some of these sects, especially as they become 'organized' with their authority-structures, hierarchy, doctrines, creeds, dogmas, myths, etc. Since there is progressive revelation, the organized balloon gets stretched and may eventually pop, unless innovations and reforms take place within, allowing room for new inspiration.
(old or new wineskins?)

So aspects of Islam are inclusive and exclusive, just as Christianity in its own historical development and doctrine. Of the Abrahamic religions, Judaism is the mother.....but she too is not entirely free of syncretism and cross pollination from previous or contemporaneous cultures. Careful of the "chosen people" motif.....that hasnt done much for Judaism whose faith represents less than 5% of the worlds population ;) (not that general consensus equates any truth).

The universality and infinity of reality ever holds, and these are represented by true religious values, fundamental truths, universal principles, divine ideals and ethics. These hold primacy. - one is to examine all things and hold to what is good, true.

God's Truth

I'm just agreeing to some point but identifying the fact that some people's book is different from the bible, but the same too in that it can lead to the Truth, and by truth I don't mean the bible only.

The Bible is from God Himself.

You other books are from other sources.

God's Truth

What other prophets.

I am speaking only of those of the Abrahamic GOD at this time.

The Baha'i is of Islam and Islam is indeed of the Abrahamic faith and GOD.
even the zend avesta can be linked to the line of Abraham.

The Quran is a historical account of the very Prophets and Messengers you speak. You would know that if you cared to actually inquire directly as opposed to taking the words of others.

We have the Word of God from Himself way before that.

God's Truth

My universal worldview and inclusivism is probably much wider than Islams, for they are inclusive of all true prophets, yet exclusive in their claim that Islam is the apex or pinnacle of God's revelation, Muhammad being the seal of the prophets, the completion. Like many revelatory or prophetic traditions....guess whose prophet represents the lastest and most complete revelation?

Thats one 'trap' for some of these sects, especially as they become 'organized' with their authority-structures, hierarchy, doctrines, creeds, dogmas, myths, etc. Since there is progressive revelation, the organized balloon gets stretched and may eventually pop, unless innovations and reforms take place within, allowing room for new inspiration.
(old or new wineskins?)

So aspects of Islam are inclusive and exclusive, just as Christianity in its own historical development and doctrine. Of the Abrahamic religions, Judaism is the mother.....but she too is not entirely free of syncretism and cross pollination from previous or contemporaneous cultures. Careful of the "chosen people" motif.....that hasnt done much for Judaism whose faith represents less than 5% of the worlds population ;) (not that general consensus equates any truth).

The universality and infinity of reality ever holds, and these are represented by true religious values, fundamental truths, universal principles, divine ideals and ethics. These hold primacy. - one is to examine all things and hold to what is good, true.

Aw, more truth for me, you say, you are so passive aggressive.

popsthebuilder

The Bible is from God Himself.

You other books are from other sources.
That is your opinion, and it is not based on personal inquiry, bit on the biased opinions of others.

Do you even understand why the arcc started the trinity doctrine and killed and deceived the masses?