IS M.A.D. DOCTRINE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ's earthly ministry was directed at the "Lost Sheep of the House of Israel." Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Christ made that perfectly clear!

After Christ was resurrected and Ascended to be seated at the right hand of the Father in Heaven, Peter, and the other Apostles continued Christ's ministry to the House of Israel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Until Saul of Tarsus (Paul) was met by the Ascended Christ on the road to Damascus there was NO Grace Gospel. Christ gave Saul (Paul) a new assignment from God. He was to be the Apostle to the Gentiles and deliver the NEW Grace Gospel to them. Paul first went to the Jews and they rejected this NEW Gospel, therefore, and from there on, Paul went to the Gentiles where he continued to preach the message the Ascended Christ had given to him.

SimpleMan77

Until Saul of Tarsus (Paul) was met by the Ascended Christ on the road to Damascus there was NO Grace Gospel. Christ gave Saul (Paul) a new assignment from God. He was to be the Apostle to the Gentiles and deliver the NEW Grace Gospel to them. Paul first went to the Jews and they rejected this NEW Gospel, therefore, and from there on, Paul went to the Gentiles where he continued to preach the message the Ascended Christ had given to him.

So would you say that at the time 2 Peter 2:1-2 was written that he was preaching a grace gospel? Sure sounds like it by reading his introduction.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If anybody thinks they have genuine Wit, please feel free to relate it to us. However, your Wit must pass the "Smell Test." If it doesn't and I deem that, it stinks, I'll let you know right away. I really enjoy "Wit at its finest." Most individuals lack true Wit and that makes things difficult for everyone concerned.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Wide is the path...and many there be that go in

That chart only accounts for Protestantism, the narrow gate according to you would be a crack in the wall if Catholicism was thrown in there.

And
Sects who hold to that verse to secure their doctrines do so because their doctrines are flimsy :rolleyes:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So would you say that at the time 2 Peter 2:1-2 was written that he was preaching a grace gospel? Sure sounds like it by reading his introduction.

How do you arrive at that conclusion? Where does Peter's message sound the same as Paul's? I'm NOT the "Bible Answer Man." I want this to be a thread that allows everybody to share their thoughts and opinions. None of us have all the answers. I surely don't.

SimpleMan77

How do you arrive at that conclusion? Where does Peter's message sound the same as Paul's? I'm NOT the "Bible Answer Man." I want this to be a thread that allows everybody to share their thoughts and opinions. None of us have all the answers. I surely don't.

2 Peter 1:1-2

2 Peter
Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

He identifies his target audience as those who "have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Savior, Jesus Christ". Says grace and peace are multiplied through the knowledge of God. Sounds very "justification by faith" to me.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
2 Peter 1:1-2

2 Peter
Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

He identifies his target audience as those who "have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Savior, Jesus Christ". Says grace and peace are multiplied through the knowledge of God. Sounds very "justification by faith" to me.

Peter indeed preached faith in Christ to the House of Israel, with a caveat. His listeners (The House of Israel) had to present works along with their faith in Christ. Whereas, Paul's message to the Gentiles preached, faith without works. Peter preached about a time in the future when Christ would return to earth and set up His earthly Kingdom, where He would sit on the throne of David and rule over His people, The House of Israel. That's called: "The Kingdom Gospel." (Message) Paul preached to the Gentiles that, if they received Christ by faith, they would be guaranteed eternal life.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Today, in this Dispensation of the Grace of God (as Paul calls it) both Jew and Gentile are saved through the same Gospel that was given to Paul about 2000 years ago. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile now. One need only hear the Gospel and respond with faith in Christ for one's eternal life/salvation.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Peter indeed preached faith in Christ to the House of Israel, with a caveat. His listeners (The House of Israel) had to present works along with their faith in Christ.
Is that because the Law of Moses was the law of the land?

Since the Mosaic law was for Israel, why didn't Paul mention to the Jews that salvation was not by works? There were probably more Jews observing Mosaic law than there were Gentiles observing it.

They are the ones Paul should have shared his mysteries with, especially since the Jews knew about the execution and resurrection of Jesus. Many of the Gentiles may not have known about that.

Someone said salvation is of the Jews. Is that what Paul taught?

Status
Not open for further replies.