IS M.A.D. DOCTRINE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Besides Paul, Jesus also preached the kingdom gospel and he taught we will be rewarded according to our works.

You evidently believe that our reward for our works is salvation. That's a perversion. (Not true).

Abraham demonstrated faith by his works. When God told him to sacrifice Isaac, Abraham had faith that God would resurrect Isaac.

Because of his faith Abraham received grace and now is the father of us all.

You're now on Ignore. Bye!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I no longer have time for those who are incapable of learning anything. Those that just have a desire to disrupt and nothing else. My Ignore list is growing and that's okay with me.

SimpleMan77

I have been placed on the "ignore list" because I posted a scriptural truth that disproves MAD, and simply asked for scriptures to answer it. Here was my post in its entirety.

"If there were scriptures, they could be provided in less time than your answer took. The problem is that they aren't there.

I can and have studied the Bible extensively, and I can tell you that you won't find anywhere after Acts 10 where Peter preached a Mosaic-law-based Gospel to anyone.

I can also show you in scripture that it was Peter who first experienced and preached that the Gentiles could be justified by faith, and that was when Paul didn't have any revelation other than that Jesus was the Christ".

If there is anyone who is interested in a true discussing of ideas, and not simply interested in surrounding ones' self with people who will tell you how right you are, I'd love to have the above question answered.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Simon Peter was one of the ones given the keys to the kingdom.

Peter shared those keys with all who are interested in Acts 2:38.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Public declaration of inward transformation.
Going against the unity of the Spirit is a public declaration, alright.

You took Jamies reply completely out of context...
Jamie can take that up with me.

"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."
The ending makes clear what is actually required. ;)
Just being baptism is holding hands with belief doesn't mean belief without baptism will result in damnation - as the author makes extraordinarily clear.
The "and" doesn't lessen the requirement of the command nor remove it. Why don't you believe it means what it says? Why are you backing away from what was stated as a command of the Lord? They certainly didn't. It was all or nothing for them right down to selling out (Matthew 19:16 KJV, Matthew 19:21 KJV, Luke 12:33 KJV, Acts 2:45 KJV)! They showed they believed by doing what the Lord commanded them/ proved they believed by doing what was commanded (James 2:18 KJV) which included: Repent, and believe the gospel (Mark 1:4 KJV) by baptism of repentance for the remission of sins (Mark 1:4 KJV, Mark 16:16 KJV, Acts 2:38 KJV), keep the commandments (John 14:15 KJV, Matthew 23:2-3 KJV, John 15:5-10 KJV), endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV), go through the trial of their faith (1 Peter 1:7 KJV), receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV).

So, your suggesting we disregard anything not written by Paul?
We recognize that while all of the Bible is for our learning, it's not all to us or about us. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable...(2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). It means what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It's all written FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV), but it's not ALL written TO us or about us. The Lord in M, M, L and John was not sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24 KJV) as a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers (Romans 15:8 KJV). We Gentiles at that time were without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).
You madists have a near obsession with Paul that I find rather odd and off putting when he is not the one who saved your soul.
Following the apostle sent to us (Romans 11:13 KJV, 1 Corinthians 4:15:16 KJV, Acts 22:17-21 KJV), who was given the gospel that saves us (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)and the doctrine to us (1 Timothy 1:13 KJV) by revelation of the risen, ascended, glorified Lord Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) appearing(s)(Acts 26:16-17 KJV, Acts 22:17-21 KJV) is hardly a "near obsession with Paul". It's walking worthy of the vocation wherewith we are called/holy calling (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:8-10 KJV) according to 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV and 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
There's no change in the message God wanted preached. It's all the same from the OT to the NT until now.

The gospel that Christ preached called people to repentance: KJV Mark 1:14-15
It was the same call to repentance God issued in the OT: KJV Ezekiel 18:30
It is still the same call that God NOW commands all men everywhere to do, according to apostle Paul: KJV Acts 17:30 Repentance is change of mind for that which is good. Instead of doing evil, do good. IOW, overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21). And overcomers will Christ NOT blot out from the book life (Rev 3:5).

All start out in life NOT lost because of Christ - the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. And to be NOT lost is to be in Christ. And being in Christ Who is our strength, we can overcome evil with good. But if we let evil overcome us instead of us overcoming it with good, then sorry. When we die not an overcomer, our names will Christ blot out from the book of life, and we are lost forever (Rev 20:15; 21:27).

The message of the gospel that Christ preached is the same message of the gospel that Paul preached. Sadly, the message of the gospel that most preachers of today preach, is different.
Paul's gospel was was kept secret since the world began/was a mystery (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV and was NOT preached as the good news in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John or even by Peter in Acts! To say it's all the same from Genesis to Revelation is biblical ignorance!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul taught that Gentiles are promised the Spirit through faith is Jesus Christ.

In Galatians 3:9 Paul said, "So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham."

In Romans 4:16 Paul asserts that Abraham is the father of us all.

The only relationship with God for Gentiles is through Abraham.

Salvation is only for the descendants of Abraham through faith.
nope Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
From the time that God used Peter (not Paul) to open the door of Salvation by Faith and Grace to the Gentiles, show me where in Peter's teachings or epistles that he is preaching a different Gospel than Paul.
God used Peter to open the door for Paul to walk through. That does not mean they preached the same gospel nor does it mean that Peter was the apostle of the Gentiles as only Paul said he was (Romans 11:13 KJV).

Peter preached this to the only Gentiles he ever preached to Acts 10:35 KJV, but Paul preached this Titus 3:5 KJV. Things that are different are NOT the same!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul had yet to be sent (second sending) to Gentiles such as we who had NOTHING to do with Israel or Abraham! Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV

And we still don't except through faith in Jesus Christ, a son of Abraham.

Galatians 3:29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs — heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him that we may also be glorified together.

Suffering is referring to trials by fire.

heir

TOL Subscriber
From the time that God used Peter (not Paul) to open the door of Salvation by Faith and Grace to the Gentiles, show me where in Peter's teachings or epistles that he is preaching a different Gospel than Paul.
Peter preached they must go through the trial of their faith (1 Peter 1:7 KJV), receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV). That salvation is of the grace that "should" come unto them (Acts 15:11 KJV, 1 Peter 1:10 KJV). They look forward that their sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (which is at what many refer to as the second coming of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV).

Paul preached none of the above. Rather he preached the righteousness of God without the law by the faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV), a salvation of trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) where the righteousness of God is revealed (Romans 1:16-17 KJV). Those who have trusted the Lord today having believed the gospel of Christ "are saved" presently and that by grace through faith (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV,Ephesians 2:5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8 KJV) as we have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
And we still don't except through faith in Jesus Christ, a son of Abraham.

Galatians 3:29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.
Galatians 3:29 KJV speaks of different Gentiles than us who were in the covenants of promise (Genesis 12:3 KJV). We are made fellowheirs and of the same Body with them (those to whom Paul was firs sent) by the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV)!

Status
Not open for further replies.