Is M.A.D. a dangerous heresy? It demands much scripture to be ignored

SimpleMan77

Is M.A.D. a dangerous heresy? It demands much scripture to be ignored

Not true. Most definitely not true. Not true at all.

Error. False testimony. Not true.

Jamie, Jamie. It pays to do a quick look at scripture.

Galatians 4:4-7
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that WE might receive the ADOPTION OF SONS.
And because YE are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore THOU art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Caps to provide emphasis, but black and white here. Paul, writing to Gentiles, says "we have received the adoption of sons", and "because you are sons...", and "thou art no more a servant, but a son".

So "true, definitely true, true all the way. Truth, true witness, True!"

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Zeke

Seeing as how you and I do not qualify for ANY covenant, that is GREAT news and GREAT grace!

But the one new man hast to walk in all of Christ foot steps to reach the understanding of where he came from, a son of God before he became son of man, secularizing Divine his story which is our story makes for dissipating doctrinal clouds that is a generational merry go round of he is coming any time now to reign and rule over a earthly kingdom, when the kingdom looks back at you every morning in the mirror.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Galatians 4:4-7
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that WE might receive the ADOPTION OF SONS.

What law do you believe Paul was referring to when he wrote to the Galatia congregation? Do you think it might be the law he spoke of in Galatians 3:24?

SimpleMan77

What law do you believe Paul was referring to when he wrote to the Galatia congregation? Do you think it might be the law he spoke of in Galatians 3:24?

The Book of Galatians is Paul addressing some false teachers who had come to the Galatian Church, and started trying to convince them they had to keep the law of Moses to be saved. Paul is very forceful in denouncing that as progress, instructing them that to do so would be trading one form of bondage (their past, sinful condition) for another form of bondage (the Mosaic law that never had made people perfect).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Book of Galatians is Paul addressing some false teachers who had come to the Galatian Church, and started trying to convince them they had to keep the law of Moses to be saved. Paul is very forceful in denouncing that as progress, instructing them that to do so would be trading one form of bondage (their past, sinful condition) for another form of bondage (the Mosaic law that never had made people perfect).

When Christ brought his people out of Egypt they were given the Law of Moses. These people were the Father's firstborn by adoption.

We are not adopted like those brought out of Egypt, we are begotten of the Father to be born of him when Jesus shows himself to the world.

Jesus said his Father is our Father. (John 20:17)

I take that as gospel truth.

SimpleMan77

When Christ brought his people out of Egypt they were given the Law of Moses. These people were the Father's firstborn by adoption.

We are not adopted like those brought out of Egypt, we are begotten of the Father to be born of him when Jesus shows himself to the world.

Jesus said his Father is our Father. (John 20:17)

I take that as gospel truth.

The Bible says we are both born again and adopted as sons. Both connect our conversion with something we can relate to naturally, and both are true. I'll take God's word for it that we are adopted as sons and daughters of God.

themuzicman

Then prove it.

Paul repeating what Jesus said doesn't support your claim. I'm not partaking in or embracing the Old Covenant by not committing adultery.

Paul clearly states that the instruction he received from Christ he gave to the Corinthians. So, Paul, as a direct instruction from Christ, told the Corinthians to drink of the cup of the New Covenant.

And if you think drinking from the cup of the new Covenant isn't embracing that covenant, then you're beyond help.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul clearly states that the instruction he received from Christ he gave to the Corinthians. So, Paul, as a direct instruction from Christ, told the Corinthians to drink of the cup of the New Covenant.

And if you think drinking from the cup of the new Covenant isn't embracing that covenant, then you're beyond help.
Please QUOTE the scripture that you believe supports such a claim.

SimpleMan77

Please quote the scripture IN CONTEXT that says that you are born again or need to be.

Colossians 2:13
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

"Quickened" means (as I'm sure you know) "made alive out of death".
Dead brought back to life = born again.

Right Divider

Body part
Colossians 2:13
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

"Quickened" means (as I'm sure you know) "made alive out of death".
Dead brought back to life = born again.
You know that this is not what Jesus was talking about in John 3, right?

That's a wonderful chapter, by the way. It shows so clearly that all of the physical rudiments of the world have no place in the body of Christ.

Look what come right before that verse:

Col 2:6-12 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:6) As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, [so] walk ye in him: (2:7) Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. (2:8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. (2:10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: (2:11) In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: (2:12) Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

The circumcision is made without hands and yet you folks want to make water baptism something required.
The baptism there in verse 12 has NO water. That baptism is OUR identification with HIM in HIS death for us.

And after:

Col 2:14-23 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; (2:15) [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. (2:16) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]: (2:17) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body [is] of Christ. (2:18) Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, (2:19) And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God. (2:20) Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (2:21) (Touch not; taste not; handle not; (2:22) Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? (2:23) Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

The current teaching in churchiantiy about water baptism is just such a "rudiment of the world". Most of churchianity does indeed call the water ceremony an ordinance.