Is M.A.D. a dangerous heresy? It demands much scripture to be ignored

Right Divider

Body part
There's a verse for that.

Acts 10:43-47

Well apparently it's not for Israel but everyone :p Also this shows that people are saved prior to their water baptism through faith. Dang!
Peter was NOT dispensing the gospel of the grace of God, for he did NOT know anything about it.

Paul says that in the body of Christ there is ONE baptism and it's not wet.

SimpleMan77

Why was Jesus water baptized? Why did Jesus say when he was being baptized "It is fitting for US to fulfill all righteousness" ?

Jesus came to be the sinless sacrifice, but also to be an example - for all, both Jew and Gentile.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

SimpleMan77

Peter was NOT dispensing the gospel of the grace of God, for he did NOT know anything about it.

Paul says that in the body of Christ there is ONE baptism and it's not wet.

Paul not only baptized some of his converts himself, but had them baptized by his assistants. Gentiles and Jews. Sorry for the inconvenient truth.

SimpleMan77

It certainly wasn't for the remission of sins per Acts 2:38.

Why did Jesus pray all night before choosing His Apostles? It wasn't because he needed to know the "mind of God". He was a man, but He was God!! He knew what was in man.

He did it as our example. Same with baptism.

SimpleMan77

The castaway verse you're using is from a chapter that is all about REWARDS, not salvation.

Paul simply said that if he didn't keep his flesh in submission to following the direction of the Spirit, he'd be a castaway. You're ADDING his INTENT with no statement from Paul.

Dangerous.

On the point of rewards, you are saying that your eternal reward is tied to works?!? I cry foul! How is that grace?!?

SimpleMan77

The castaway verse you're using is from a chapter that is all about REWARDS, not salvation.

I went back and read the passage with what you said in mind as to the context. I definitely agree that it is tied to REWARDS, but it is tied to so much more than the rewards that come from giving financially to the needy (which is so much of the context leading into this verse).

Paul pivots, and starts talking about receiving "an incorruptible crown".

I think it's obvious that he was referring to rewards of reaping blessing in this life from generosity, and reaping a crown of life from continuing in the faith, denying the flesh.

I may not agree with people, but I'm honest and want to acknowledge when they have a point. You did have a partial point about the context.

SaulToPaul 2

1 Cor 9
16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Is salvation a prize?

No.

Right Divider

Body part
Why did Jesus pray all night before choosing His Apostles? It wasn't because he needed to know the "mind of God". He was a man, but He was God!! He knew what was in man.

He did it as our example.
Example of what? Jesus was a Jew under the law. Are you?

Same with baptism.
You should follow the Lord Jesus Christ from His place in heaven and not His ministry to Israel on the earth.
2Cor 5:14-19 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:14) For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: (5:15) And [that] he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. (5:16) Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more. (5:17) Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he][ is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (5:18) And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; (5:19) To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

SimpleMan77

[MENTION=15338]Right Divider[/MENTION] does it ever occur to you that, while you are busy denying that we are under the new covenant (New Testament), and saying the talk in Hebrews 9:16-17 about the New Testament isn't for the Body of Christ, that Paul over and over says we are called to inherit, are heirs of God, joint-heirs with Christ, etc.

We are heirs of His last will and testament. His death is meaningless for us unless there is something there in His last will and testament with our name on it.

If his death willed anything to us as Gentiles, then we are beneficiaries of His last testament (synonymous with "covenant").

Right Divider

Body part
@Right Divider does it ever occur to you that, while you are busy denying that we are under the new covenant (New Testament), and saying the talk in Hebrews 9:16-17 about the New Testament isn't for the Body of Christ, that Paul over and over says we are called to inherit, are heirs of God, joint-heirs with Christ, etc.

We are heirs of His last will and testament. His death is meaningless for us unless there is something there in His last will and testament with our name on it.

If his death willed anything to us as Gentiles, then we are beneficiaries of His last testament (synonymous with "covenant").
We do not need a covenant to be blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places.

Paul tells us that we have redemption in His blood. That blood is ALSO the blood of the new covenant for Israel. It's just that simple.