Is M.A.D. a dangerous heresy? It demands much scripture to be ignored

SimpleMan77

MAD follows a false narrative of scripture.

Through it, whole books of the New Testament have been written off as "not for our dispensation".

Through it, New Testament scripture is not looked at as a whole complementary revelation, but instead it is looked at as contradictory to itself.

Through it the Apostle Paul's actions have been misconstrued in such a way it changes their meaning.

Through it the door is opened to take ANY scripture and say "that was just for the Corinthians", or "that was just for...".

I say it is an extremely dangerous heresy!

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

SaulToPaul 2

Non-MAD is a dangerous heresy.

It mixes inheritances and purposes that God in his wisdom kept separate.
It muddies Paul's gospel with various religious ideas and practices.
It robs promises made to others and claims them for itself.
It claims thousands of denominations all contradicting one another.

saint john w the great: "So there."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I say it is an extremely dangerous heresy!

I don't see the MAD theory as dangerous at all. MAD is simply a means for separating wheat from tares. Jesus said, "Let both grow together until the harvest..."

And in Galatians 6:7 Paul says, "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap."

I see MAD as a tool for the Spirit of Truth to use in weeding out those who are not seeking truth. Those who have love for the truth will not be fooled.

SaulToPaul 2

The Big Picture, when it's all said and done:

1. OT saints in the land, Gentiles seeking God through them.
2. 144000 kings and priests in the New Jerusalem, ruling over the earth.
3. The Body of Christ seated far above all heavens, the LORD's Body and glory.

Find out where you fit, and where you do not fit.

Mix them together and watch chaos ensue.

It's your choice.

SimpleMan77

I don't see the MAD theory as dangerous at all. MAD is simply a means for separating wheat from tares. Jesus said, "Let both grow together until the harvest..."

And in Galatians 6:7 Paul says, "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap."

I see MAD as a tool for the Spirit of Truth to use in weeding out those who are not seeking truth. Those who have love for the truth will not be fooled.

Only dangerous to those who embrace it. There have always been heresy, and that is by design. Indeed Paul said "For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you" (1 Corinthians 11:19).

My comment is designed to make those who are involved think. If we can carve out commands of New Testament scripture as "not being for us", we can do that with any part we don't want to obey.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Only dangerous to those who embrace it. There have always been heresy, and that is by design. Indeed Paul said "For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you" (1 Corinthians 11:19).

My comment is designed to make those who are involved think. If we can carve out commands of New Testament scripture as "not being for us", we can do that with any part we don't want to obey.

It's a shout in a whirlwind ... they can't hear you. God has given them strong delusion to help others who are searching for truth.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you're MAD, I'm glad. I had never heard of the MAD theory before I came to TOL. You guys have been a real help to me.

Thanks.

SimpleMan77

Is M.A.D. a dangerous heresy? It demands much scripture to be ignored

MAD wackos stand too firm on 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) and refuse to let religion pollute the gospel.
Those heretics...

Paul taught that the Gospel was the death, burial and resurrection.

He also taught that those who don't "obey the Gospel" would reap the vengeance of God (same terminology used in 1 Pet 4:17)

2 Thessalonians 1:8
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

You obey the Gospel by repentance (take up your cross, die to yourself), baptism (buried with Him), and receiving and walking in the Holy Ghost (the power of the resurrection).

That's why Paul baptized people after they repented, and God filled them with the Holy Ghost when Paul laid his hands on them.

How else do you "obey the Gospel"?

SimpleMan77

Reject Paul's gospel now, and if you remain after the rapture, you WILL be sent a strong delusion and be damned.
No doubt about it.

Might as well trust the LORD now.

Paul's Gospel, Peter's Gospel. Different style of preaching, but identical in substance.

Peter references what he wrote as. Wing the same as Paul, and warns about those who would twist Paul's words:

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction." (2 Peter 3:15-16)