ECT Is it possible that after we have been saved we can. . .

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There's only one baptism today and that is the baptism of
the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ. Only after hearing
the Gospel of our salvation and placing all our faith in Christ
as our Savior.

Ephesians 4:5 states; "One Lord, one faith, one baptism,"

That baptism has to deal with the Holy Spirit baptizing (not by
water) the believer into the Body of Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I am the enemy of no one but Satan. He hates me. No that before you ever accuse again.

Have you heard the Grace Gospel, placed all your faith in Christ, and
been baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ? Have you received
the righteousness of Christ? Has the Holy Spirit indwelt and sealed you?

If you say no, then, you are still lost and will stand before God
and be judged by your works.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Have you heard the Grace Gospel, placed all your faith in Christ, and
been baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ? Have you received
the righteousness of Christ? Has the Holy Spirit indwelt and sealed you?

If you say no, then, you are still lost and will stand before God
and be judged by your works.
Go away.

Jamie Gigliotti

We (humanity) cannot frustrate God's grace. He is omniscient.

God knew Saul would disobey. God needed Saul to know he would disobey. Samuel needed to know Saul would disobey.. God knew David would not slay Saul given multiple opportunities. David needed the lesson from Saul. Israel needed the lesson from Saul.

The lessons are for us, whether or not we are His people. For God's people, we get the OT...partially so that we do NOT repeat the same mistakes.

God wants all men to be saved. People refuse His grace. He gives them that choice.

Cross Reference

2 Peter 3:9

"Long suffering" doesn't mean indefinitely!

Learn these facts:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God. . gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen." Romans 1:18-25 (KJV)

Now, I want to read your agreement with that. Thank you.

theophilus

Learn these facts:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God. . gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen." Romans 1:18-25 (KJV)

A. I wasn't talking about long-suffering which, BTW, means "patience without complaint."

B. I posted the scripture to back Jamie's post.

C. I have no quarrel with Paul.

D. God does NOT delight in the death of the wicked.

E. I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed to Him against that day.

Grace to YOU!

theophilus

What I said is that I had no quarrel with Paul.

What are YOU talking about?

And patience is a fruit of the Spirit...so you must be frustrating the Spirit if yours is wearing thin.

Eh?

theophilus

Run, Forrest, RUN!!!

How are you supposed to stand in that evil day if you run from a message board?

*Disagreement is NOT always Division.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Learn these facts:

Everybody worships themselves more than the creator.

The creature was made subject to vanity.

When the creature is subjected to hope they learn to wait with patience for that hope,which is Christ being formed in us.

But each man in his own order.

It is evident that the Day star has not risen in your heart yet .........

Cross Reference

Everybody worships themselves more than the creator.

The creature was made subject to vanity.

When the creature is subjected to hope they learn to wait with patience for that hope,which is Christ being formed in us.

But each man in his own order.

It is evident that the Day star has not risen in your heart yet .........

The creature [Adam] was made subject to vanity with the hope he would win out over temptation. That was the only way he could be tested. 4000yrs later, Jesus would likewise be tempted.

You should know the end of both accounts without me going further.

Danoh

. . . .frustrate the grace of God?

As used by Paul in Galatians; to frustrate the Grace of God is similar to when someone has done, or wants to do something FOR us, and we right off reject it with "no, thanks, I can do it myself."

This is Paul's "I do not frustrate the Grace of God:" [in what sense, Paul; how so?] "for if righteousness cometh by the law, then Christ is dead in vain" Gal. 2:21

Paul continues his intended sense in the next chapter.

Galatians 3:

1. O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2. This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3. Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4. Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
6. Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Lol, as has often been your pattern on here, now if you "already knew that" but then allow the fleshly mind's focus to reign; to lead you to view this post as directed at you in some derogatory way, then that too would constitute frustrating the Grace of God - for His "Grace teaches us" that His "Grace is made perfect in weakness...before men..."

Of course, this "bite and devour one another" that rejecting the opportunity to apply God's Grace during the flesh's fool temptations, is also dealt with in Galatians.

Thanks for the privilege of thinking these things through once more that your above question has resulted in.

Derogatories, whether only perceived to be the case, or whether they actually are, nevertheless, His Grace is indeed sufficient!