ECT Is it possible that after we have been saved we can. . .

theophilus

Probably nothing.

Apparently you have a "mind snapped shut" because some "baptist" got your boxers in a bunch.

Honestly, I would wash them and fix them for you.

:)

The boxers...not the baptist.

:D

theophilus

Can there be anything greater than the Life of God flowing out from Him to the one who asks for with a contrite heart? I don't think so.

Yes. You extending that grace to others.

John 13:34-35

When you can do that you'll understand grace.

(I'm not "feelin' the love.")

theophilus

Cross Reference...

Cross Reference...

...let me illustrate my point (if you will):

Let me compare God's attributes (grace being one of them) with "sunshine,"

Grace is as much part and parcel of God as heat and light are of the Sun.

The Sun shines with equal intensity and warmth no matter where Earth is in its orbit. God's grace radiates from His being with as much goodness and intensity no matter where we are in relation to Him.

Just as His grace is poured out on the wicked and the good, the Sun shines on the wicked and the good.

If we are far from God His grace still is as much of who He is; just like the middle of the night on Earth. The sun is still shining in all of its glory even though we cannot see it or feel its warmth.

Nothing frustrates or nullifies the sunlight and nothing frustrates or nullifies grace.

We can run or hide from the rays of the sun, within a cave or with a roof or an umbrella but it still shines. We can run or hide from God's grace by prayerlessness, disobedience, sin and rebellion but His grace still falls upon all of us, good or bad.

Nothing stops the sun from shining in and of itself and nothing stops God's grace in and of itself.

I realize you have, at some level, anathematized me, and for that I am sorry. I do not mean to be contentious.

I just need you to open your eyes that you may see what a wondrous thing grace is.

This is my olive branch of Romans 12:8 to you.

Love in Christ, the Lord of Glory~

Teryl

Cross Reference

...let me illustrate my point (if you will):

Let me compare God's attributes (grace being one of them) with "sunshine,"

Grace is as much part and parcel of God as heat and light are of the Sun.

Stop there!

If, as you say, it is one of God's attributes, then to violate it is to separate yourself from Him. That is an absolute! Only faith allowed.

OMT: The sun is not by grace but a provision that man might know "Who butters his bread".

theophilus

How about a compromise?

You read Spurgeon and I'll read Chambers (I have two of his collections at home).

Fair enough?

Cross Reference

How about a compromise?

You read Spurgeon and I'll read Chambers (I have two of his collections at home).

Fair enough?

The only problem I have with that is Spurgeon was a preacher who preached salvation, exclusively.. I don't need a preacher. I know what he is going to say before he says it. I am saved, twice baptized in water and once by the Holy Ghost.

I gravitate to truth by revelation, not by what some denominational church assembly or any "religious Christian self-help book" might wish to achieve, absent revelation and thus absent the Holy Spirit.

Chambers gives "practical [but only by the Holy Spirit] scriptural insight" into the working out of my salvation more than any other writer. I know he is of God because of such insight that bears witness to what God has previously already deposited in me. . . and it never has ended. I suspect it will continue through eternity that we will never exhaust the "Grace" of God.

Here is the key to understanding all things Jesus Christ . . . even from the words of Paul:

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6 (KJV)

theophilus

Since you brought up Matthew 5 here's a snip of trivia:

Mahatma Gandhi spent the last 20 years of his life endeavoring to live the Sermon on the Mount and said if everyone lived this way we would have heaven on earth.

He never converted to Christianity but he lived, by his own power, this Sermon.

Cross Reference

Since you brought up Matthew 5 here's a snip of trivia:

Mahatma Gandhi spent the last 20 years of his life endeavoring to live the Sermon on the Mount and said if everyone lived this way we would have heaven on earth.

He never converted to Christianity but he lived, by his own power, this Sermon.

Which is why he never got it right. Stanley Jones didn't lift Jesus up high enough.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The only problem I have with that is Spurgeon was a preacher who preached salvation, exclusively.. I don't need a preacher. I know what he is going to say before he says it. I am saved, twice baptized in water and once by the Holy Ghost.

I gravitate to truth by revelation, not by what some denominational church assembly or any "religious Christian self-help book" might wish to achieve, absent revelation and thus absent the Holy Spirit.

Chambers gives "practical [but only by the Holy Spirit] scriptural insight" into the working out of my salvation more than any other writer. I know he is of God because of such insight that bears witness to what God has previously already deposited in me. . . and it never has ended. I suspect it will continue through eternity that we will never exhaust the "Grace" of God.

Here is the key to understanding all things Jesus Christ . . . even from the words of Paul:

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6 (KJV)

Water baptism doesn't help. We're living in the Dispensation
of Grace. (according to the Apostle Paul) Has the Holy Spirit
sealed and indwelt you? Has the Holy Spirit baptized (not by
water) you into the Body of Christ? Have you received the
righteousness of Christ?

1 Corinthians 12:13 states; "For by one Spirit are we
all baptized into one body
, whether we be Jews or Gentiles,
whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into
one Spirit."

Roman 3:22 states; "Even the righteousness of God which is
by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for
there is no difference:"

Cross Reference

Water baptism doesn't help. We're living in the Dispensation
of Grace. (according to the Apostle Paul) Has the Holy Spirit
sealed and indwelt you? Has the Holy Spirit baptized (not by
water) you into the Body of Christ? Have you received the
righteousness of Christ?

1 Corinthians 12:13 states; "For by one Spirit are we
all baptized into one body
, whether we be Jews or Gentiles,
whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into
one Spirit."

Roman 3:22 states; "Even the righteousness of God which is
by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for
there is no difference:"

Why attempt to discuss that which you have no clue as to what it is you presumptuously believe about yourself?