ECT Is it possible that after we have been saved we can. . .

Cross Reference

I agree entirely with the teachings of our Lord. What I disagree with is your fanciful interpretation of them.

Pete 👤

Fanciful?? I said you didn't understand elementary teachings of Jesus Christ. Already, you want me to be saying something else.. So name them.

revpete

Fanciful?? I said you didn't understand elementary teachings of Jesus Christ. Already, you want me to be saying something else.. So name them.

The NT teaches that there is no other name under Heaven whereby we must be saved. I take it you agree with that? You stated that all have been redeemed. Please provide scripture for that statement. You also stated that we have some sort of righteousness of our own, please clarify. I have a personal question for you CR: Are you currently involved in any regular fellowship with other Christians?

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

The NT teaches that there is no other name under Heaven whereby we must be saved. I take it you agree with that? You stated that all have been redeemed. Please provide scripture for that statement. You also stated that we have some sort of righteousness of our own, please clarify. I have a personal question for you CR: Are you currently involved in any regular fellowship with other Christians?

Pete ��

Nope, nope and nope. You have a Bible read it . . .for the first time. Look up some words and see where they take you. . ..if you allow them to.

revpete

Did you ask that question?? If you did it was a stupid baiting question considering all our conversations , that only causes me to lose more respect for you.

To make it crystal clear for you. It is a basic question but a most fundamental one. Do you believe Jesus is The Only Saviour? That question would only be regarded as baiting by a heretic. So, do you? Yes or no!

glorydaz

Pete ��

Nope, nope and nope. You have a Bible read it . . .for the first time. Look up some words and see where they take you. . ..if you allow them to.

You do not agree that Jesus is The Only Saviour?

Did you ask that question?? If you did it was a stupid baiting question considering all our conversations , that only causes me to lose more respect for you.

To make it crystal clear for you. It is a basic question but a most fundamental one. Do you believe Jesus is The Only Saviour? That question would only be regarded as baiting by a heretic. So, do you? Yes or no!

:popcorn:

Cross Reference

My three "notes" were for what you asked after your enquiring into my believing for jesus Christ. That would have made 4 questions you asked. Why bad for miscounting. But don't take that as an apology because I don't give a hoot.

Jesus is my only Lord as well, something you can't sincerely admit to for yourself. You are only baiting me with your asking that of me when you KNOW from our discussions and others that I probably love more than you do, given your allegiance to others little gods.. It bothers you that I can think that of you and now wish to be vindictive because of the embarrassment it has caused ego. I really don't nor care.. If there is any heretic and/or blasphemer here right now it is you, the accuser.

That goes for Dazed as well. Neither of you have a clue.

servantofChrist

I'd have to know more of what is meant by the term, "frustrate," His grace before I could answer with a "yes" or "no."

But one thing is for sure: We can be severed from Christ and FALL from grace, Gal. 5:4.

revpete

My three "notes" were for what you asked after your enquiring into my believing for jesus Christ. That would have made 4 questions you asked. Why bad for miscounting. But don't take that as an apology because I don't give a hoot.

Jesus is my only Lord as well, something you can't sincerely admit to for yourself. You are only baiting me with your asking that of me when you KNOW from our discussions and others that I probably love more than you do, given your allegiance to others little gods.. It bothers you that I can think that of you and now wish to be vindictive because of the embarrassment it has caused ego. I really don't nor care.. If there is any heretic and/or blasphemer here right now it is you, the accuser.

That goes for Dazed as well. Neither of you have a clue.

I have mearly asked you a question, it is you who have accused, you who have judged and wrongly at that. You know nothing about me apart from our discussions and yet you assume, judge and insult. Oh well a tree is known by its fruit.

I'll pray for you and believe it or not I mean it.

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

I have mearly asked you a question, it is you who have accused, you who have judged and wrongly at that. You know nothing about me apart from our discussions and yet you assume, judge and insult. Oh well a tree is known by its fruit.

I'll pray for you and believe it or not I mean it.

Pete 👤

I don't want your prayers unless you sincerely want to be rectified by God. Do you believe you need Him to do that?

Cross Reference

The day will come when no one will even attempt to have a conversation with you. You never fail to disappoint. :nono:

Nor do you, simply because of what you are not. The day is always that when people like you have no knowledge.
You never converse without the possibility of offering up a condescending remark born in willful ignorance. . . and I am coming to a conclusion that leads me to believe it isn't so willful but purposed.

Here, comment on this I offered up you ignore. Reconcile it to your inane mindset:

This is what in writing the OP I hoped you all might grasp. The below are the lyrics of a song that might cause you all to reconsider your traditional religious replies that the understanding of "giving up our rights to ourselves", doesn't lie in the issue of salvation except as God would have to be about Him . . .not us:

Follow Me

I traveled on a lonely road and no one seemed to care.
The burden on my weary back had bowed me to despair;
I oft complained to Jesus how folks were treating me,
And then I heard Him say so tenderly,
"My feet were also weary, upon the Calvary road;
The cross became so heavy, I fell beneath the load,
Be faithful weary pilgrim the morning I can see,
Just lift your cross and follow close to me."

"I work so hard for Jesus" I often boast and say
"I've sacrificed a lot of things to walk the narrow way,
I gave up fame and fortune, I'm worth a lot to Thee"
And then I hear Him gently say to me,
"I left the throne of glory and counted it but loss,
My hands were nailed in anger upon a cruel cross,
But now we'll make the journey with your hand safe in mine,
So lift your cross and follow close to me.

Oh Jesus if I die upon a foreign field someday,
'Twould be no more than love demands, no less could I repay,
"No greater love hath mortal man than for a friend to die"
These are the words He gently spoke to me,
"If just a cup of water I place within your hand
Then just a cup of water is all that I demand.
*But if by death to living *[i.e., crucifying my flesh on a daily basis] they can Thy glory see,
I'll take my cross and follow close to Thee.

*[Emphasis mine]

Tell the song writer, "You need to stop trying to earn your way to heaven", Jesus did it all". "Tell him he needs to get saved".

Go for it, if you have a spine.

Interplanner

The song was built on the misconception of crucifying the self, which is a sub-Christian way of doing things that sucks all the joy and contagion out of being a Christian. Actually there are several things about the lyrics that are just about worthless.

On crucifying the self, it was how Paul was referring to his former self in Judaism; the self that was consumed with the religious letter of the ceremonial law, with obligating God by our efforts, and with self-suppression that had no willing heart within it.

Cross Reference

The song was built on the misconception of crucifying the self, which is a sub-Christian way of doing things that sucks all the joy and contagion out of being a Christian. Actually there are several things about the lyrics that are just about worthless.

On crucifying the self, it was how Paul was referring to his former self in Judaism; the self that was consumed with the religious letter of the ceremonial law, with obligating God by our efforts, and with self-suppression that had no willing heart within it.

Here. Read it and weep:

"For whoever wants to save his [higher, spiritual, eternal] life, will lose it [the lower, natural, temporal life which is lived only on earth]; and whoever gives up his life [which is lived only on earth] for My sake and the Gospel's will save it [his higher, spiritual life in the eternal kingdom of God]. Mark 8:35 (AMP)

Want more??

Danoh

Yep.