Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Shimei said:
Wow, you people couldn't stop talking about Bob Enyart is you tried.
What incentive is there to abstain? We're not saying anything negative and it boosts point counts. :geek:

beanieboy

And you say nothing about the points that are raised, questioning the way he not only twists the bible, but then causes others to go on believing the opposite of what the bible says, and believing they are right.

Interesting.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
And you say nothing about the points that are raised, questioning the way he not only twists the bible, but then causes others to go on believing the opposite of what the bible says, and believing they are right.

Interesting.

You have not raised an argument with any substance.

Mateo

Zakath said:
But he is also a Christian pastor with an entirely different set of responsibilities (hopefully) than a radio show host.

You forgot "self promoting" radio show host...

JoyfulRook

Mateo said:
You forgot "self promoting" radio show host...
If you want to get technical, he is America's most poular, self-proclaimed, right-wing religious fanatic, homophobic, Anti-Choice Talk Show Host.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Shimei said:
Like the EIGHT posts that can be found here?
So you can count to eight. :BRAVO: And you managed to shill for Enyart yet again by working your patron saint's debate into yet another unrelated conversation. Very good, would you like a cookie? :chew:

From my POV, every post here boosts my post count. That, and 60 cents, will get me a cuppa at Mickey D's. :MrCoffee:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Dread Helm said:
If you want to get technical, he is America's most poular, self-proclaimed, right-wing religious fanatic, homophobic, Anti-Choice Talk Show Host.
Assuming you meant "popular" instead of "poular", with what empirical data can you back up the "most popular" claim?
:think:

JoyfulRook

Zakath said:
Assuming you meant "popular" instead of "poular"
Congrats on becoming a proof-reader. :e4e:
with what empirical data can you back up the "most popular" claim?
:think:
First, let's think of how many talk-show hosts are self-proclaimed, right-wing religious fanatic, homophobic, and Anti-Choice?

Mateo

Zakath said:
Is there another kind? If so, I haven't run across one yet. :nono:

Point taken.... it does take a certain level of hubris for an individual to think the world in need of a daily monolog...

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Dread Helm said:
Congrats on becoming a proof-reader. :e4e:
Thank you. Just trying to help with your education. ;)

First, let's think of how many talk-show hosts are self-proclaimed, right-wing religious fanatic, homophobic, and Anti-Choice?
Well most any talk show host is self-proclaimed, i.e. they talk about their positions and promote themselves on air.

I can think of several who would be classifiable as "right-wing religious fanatics" including Pat Robertson, Jim Bakker (yes, he's broadcasting again!), Jimmy Swaggart, and the like.

Homophobic? That depends entirely on how you mean the term... if you mean someone who opposes public homosexual behavior and calls it sinful, then you can include any of the three fellow I mentioned above, plus Fred Phelps, D. James Kennedy, etc.

Anti-choice is a euphemism for pro-life. He's merely one of hundreds of pro-life talk show hosts including Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Jim Dobson, etc.

And your point is that he's more popular than these folks?

The truth of that statement depends mostly on how one measures popularity. That's what I'm asking, DH. How are you measuring "popularity"?

Mateo

The truth of that statement depends mostly on how one measures popularity. That's what I'm asking, DH. How are you measuring "popularity"?

The "Shout Box" I suspect....

erinmarie

granite1010 said:
Well GEE, ninth grade, guess you showed us...

Well GEE Granite, he is just a kid, give him a break.
And yes, he does make a valid point. I don't know of many pastors with radio shows that have people who consider themselves church members who don't even live in the same state as the church! That's a pretty popular dude.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
erinmarie said:
Well GEE Granite, he is just a kid, give him a break.
And yes, he does make a valid point. I don't know of many pastors with radio shows that have people who consider themselves church members who don't even live in the same state as the church! That's a pretty popular dude.
You must have very different ideas about church membership than most people I know... How can one be a "member" of a church when they may never even have been there?

erinmarie

Zakath said:
You must have very different ideas about church membership than most people I know... How can one be a "member" of a church when they may never even have been there?

I personally do not know what constitutes church membership, but I know of several people on this site stating that they consider themselves "members" of The Denver Bible Church...