Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
docrob57 said:
It is "tough love" not really hate. It is not my style, but I have seen his style produce positive benefits.

Today apathy passes as love.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Shimei said:
Then it was good you quit the debate.
Had more important things to do... like getting well.

Yeah, a quick post search would reveal that I am the one who spends his days talking about Enyart.
Nice of you to agree to that. ;)

I can understand you’re wanting to get back at him.
Why would I want to do that? You're assuming he somehow has done something I find worth vengance... as usual, you're completely off base... again.

It wouldn't be easy to be proven wrong over and over again.
I wouldn't know. Perhaps if one of you actually does prove me wrong about something, we'll all find out.

And then the whole "didn't get my permission" thing.
Apparently the entire issue was over your head. That's OK, though. Knight and I reached an understanding about the matter.

Hey, you could sell that debate as well! Maybe mark it down to $18.95?
Perhaps I could sell the opposing side's sections to Halliburton down at Gitmo so they could use it when they run out or Q'urans... :greedy:

docrob57

beanieboy said:
Apathy:
Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference.

No one thinks of this as love.

With whatever respect is due, it is less loving to let someone go to hell without warning than to simply "be nice" because it is easier and you don't really care.

beanieboy

The “tough love” we are dealing with is not the kind of love which justifies being “tough” on the other person (which is sometimes required), but rather is a love which is incredibly tough on us to live out.

(1) Loving One’s Enemy (Luke 6:27-49)

* BEHAVIOR: The Practice of Loving One’s Enemy—Verses 27-30
* BASIS: The Principles for Loving One’s Enemy—Verses 31-38
* BETTERNESS: The Practical need for loving enemies—Verses 39-49

http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=1036

Sounds like your brethren aren in complete disagreement what Tough Love means.

These words of our Lord are indeed difficult and perplexing, but their essence is clear. We are to do what no one else will do—love our enemy. We are to do so because God has loved us while we were His enemies. We are to do so because God is the One who will bless us for obeying His commands.

We know from the gospels that our Lord practiced what He preached. He loved His enemies and He went the extra mile on the cross of Calvary. He provided, at His expense, the way of salvation for men. Through the cross of Christ men can be transformed from enemies to intimate friends (cf. Ephesians 2).

beanieboy

docrob57 said:
With whatever respect is due, it is less loving to let someone go to hell without warning than to simply "be nice" because it is easier and you don't really care.

Here, you only warn people of going to hell.
You should be teaching people that Jesus saves them from hell.
Where is the joy that surpasses all understanding?
Where is the hope?
Where is the love of God, that he loves people just as they are?

Instead, you simply say, "you are going to hell!"

And you think that is loving.

Being nice - being patient with someone, being polite, being respectful - takes a lot of restraint. Calling someone a moron, an idiot, stupid, etc, is easy. It takes absolutely no control of self, and allows you to simply be ruled by your angry emotions.

As I pointed out - tough love - REAL tough love, as in returning blessing for those who curse you - is tough.

Simply name calling, or exchanging curse for curse is not love at all, according to the bible.

Jesus didn't do any of this. He didn't say, "Hey! You are a big whore! Well, Y'are! And you are going to hell! Repent! DO IT!"

Quite the opposite. He invited people of the lowest social rankings to dine with him, greatly upsetting the Pharisees, because those people were sinners, and beneath them. Apparently, they had this silly idea that because the were teachers of the law, and kept those laws even on the surface, and believed in God, that they weren't sinners. After all, they weren't prostituting themselves, or stealing money from people like tax collectors. But Jesus thought very lowly of them.

beanieboy

Another good excerpt from the article:

I personally believe that much of the so-called “burn-out” in ministry is simply people who are angry with men (and with God) because there has not been any reciprocity, and return for our sacrifices and service. This kind of burn-out is based upon self-interest and self-seeking, not on the obedience of a true disciple of Christ. Let us forsake our expectations of receiving our rewards from men.

I have already indicated that our Lord’s concept of “tough love” is vastly different from that which is often propagated in the name of Christianity today. “Tough love,” as it is commonly spoken of, is love that is tough on others, love that looks out for one’s own interests. Biblical “tough love” is that which is tough on us, the lover, and which is merciful to others, even our enemies. You will not find our text in most books which deal with “tough love” because our Lord’s words condemn what is popularly taught.

Caille

Zakath said:
So you can count to eight. :BRAVO: And you managed to shill for Enyart yet again by working your patron saint's debate into yet another unrelated conversation. Very good, would you like a cookie? :chew:

From my POV, every post here boosts my post count. That, and 60 cents, will get me a cuppa at Mickey D's. :MrCoffee:

Not in my neck of the woods! It's a buck and a quarter here (unless they give a discount to TOL posters?)

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:
Quote from Bob: What used to be apathy, today is called "love."

Just like a parrot.
It's really disturbing.

If people were apathetic on this board, YOU would have been booted off along time ago.

Last edited:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Poly said:
Ok, Enyartians, it's time for our morning ritual. Repeat after me....

Oh hail thou Enyart, O mighty talketh showeth hosteth.
Thou exposeth all the stupideth peasants.
For thou hath been greatly sprinkledeth
with the supremacy of holy smacketh.

We offer up to you all our Earthly possessions
As well as our first born sons.
And we will continue to call upon the Great Enyart
Lest you smite us with the holy smacketh upsideth the headeth.

*Poly now goes to to prepare incense for Holy Enyart*
This gave me quite a pleasant laugh.....I liked this. :)

Mateo

Okay, I get so discouraged about what is (or maybe more to the point what isn't) being discussed on the various "Christian" forums that I peek in on from time to time and , in a fit of pique (or boredom, I don't know which), I turn on the tube. (forgive me , Lord)... and there is a peice on John McEnroe and as his life plays out I have an epiphony about The Bob...

It seems John made 100's of millions of dollars in endorsements as a result of calling people names and having what were even to him (in retrospect) embarrassing on court fits whilst guys like Bjorn Borg and Pete Sampras get basically squat for thier efforts as it regards endorsement money.

Long story short... buffoonery pays and the Bob realizes this... the sad part is that those that throw money at him by and large do not, I suspect...

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I think part of what is alarming about this Nicer Than God teaching is the fact that like many groups, the teacher (Enyart) and the followers (The Enyartites) get all wrapped around the axle on one or two teachings, and base a majority of their time and fanaticism on that. Enyartites are all over this "Nicer Than God" thing he's written, and that's nearly all of what is discussed here about Enyart. The Enyartites are not willing to give it up at all. Thus, I think it causes Enyartites to lose focus of the Gospel, because they are so busy trying to learn how to not be nicer than God and put that into practice.

But do we see most of the other great theologians doing this? No. John MacArthur is just focused on the grace of God, and is the most humble Bible teacher I know, and his focus? The whole Bible. He even wrote an amazing study Bible which from firsthand experience I can say is great. Charles Ryrie is a well rounded teacher as well, though he's mainly known for dispensationalism. And even Paul himself, or Peter, the first great Bible teachers, didn't get wrapped aorund the axle about one thing.

A group that gets all wrapped around the axle about one specific teaching that they focus on way to much borders on being a cult. And that is alarming.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
taoist said:
Now, there, lad, what part of "no hints" needs expanding upon?

Yes, indeed, skipping church was regarded as criminal in Leviticus. The punishment is right there in the bible, sitting next to a number of other punishments considered evidence of barbarism today, like punishing a man's great^100 grandchildren. Tribal punishments. Homosexuality naturally leads to a lower birthrate, and there is no greater threat to a tribal society whose only safety is in numbers. Even the most primitive, pre-numerate society can learn, by necessity, the art of counting heads on opposing armies as they go forth to ravage the cities of their fellow humans by the score.

Just because it's in the bible doesn't make it right. There's such a thing as ethical behavior for our contemporary society and Leviticus doesn't fit the bill. Nowadays, we frown on priestly injunctions made in the name of a tribal god to go out and conquer territory, securing it by "killing all that breathes."

"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

I'm free to scoff at stories of destruction hurled down on humankind from the god or gods of the heavens; free to keep right on trying to understand and tame the wilderness on my own, without resort to real or ritualistic animal or human sacrifices done to appease some blood-thirsty titan. Personally, I'm pleased to be living in 2000 CE as opposed to 2000 BCE. I don't have to bow down to pagan gods or tribal gods or any other primitive superstitions. Well, unless I decide to run for office anyway.

I like that Jesus dude. From what I can make out from what's left of his sayings, he made a lot of sense. But don't get stuck on those delightful parables so much that you miss what he said clearly. What he can do his followers can do as well. He was and, so long as his memory lasts, will always be a "son of man."

And I'm proud to be part of the race that spawned him, and more than slightly annoyed by my fellows separating themselves from him by insisting he was a god. Yes, I know, it was necessary at the time to keep from being one-upped by every other near eastern ruler with a claim to divinity from the pharoahs to Augustus. Too bad he died so young, and before he'd learned the need to write down his own words to keep them from being "interpreted" by a new priestly class.

But it always was a bad idea to piss off the Romans. They got even and took over the priestly class responsible for "interpretation." You can control your gods only so long as you get to tell everyone else what they said. How much simpler after they're dead.

In peace, Jesse
I know working on the Sabbath was punishable by death, but it wasn't somethign that would tear down society. And it is especially not today. Homosexyuality was, is and always will be, until it is no more.

Mateo

The Edge said:
I think part of what is alarming about this Nicer Than God teaching is the fact that like many groups, the teacher (Enyart) and the followers (The Enyartites) get all wrapped around the axle on one or two teachings, and base a majority of their time and fanaticism on that. Enyartites are all over this "Nicer Than God" thing he's written, and that's nearly all of what is discussed here about Enyart. The Enyartites are not willing to give it up at all. Thus, I think it causes Enyartites to lose focus of the Gospel, because they are so busy trying to learn how to not be nicer than God and put that into practice.

But do we see most of the other great theologians doing this? No. John MacArthur is just focused on the grace of God, and is the most humble Bible teacher I know, and his focus? The whole Bible. He even wrote an amazing study Bible which from firsthand experience I can say is great. Charles Ryrie is a well rounded teacher as well, though he's mainly known for dispensationalism. And even Paul himself, or Peter, the first great Bible teachers, didn't get wrapped aorund the axle about one thing.

A group that gets all wrapped around the axle about one specific teaching that they focus on way to much borders on being a cult. And that is alarming.

I suspect you may have the cart before the horse here. I have the feeling that those that are so inclined gravitate toward The Bob do so because they already share his ugliness... not because he engendered it in them...

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Johnny said:
There are other ways to make someone rethink their position. One good way is to have a good point. That kind of reverts back to Law 1, if you're calling names, it's probably because you don't have a good point.
No, it's because people ignore the point. There's no reason to argue if it will serve no purpose.

I know you don't believe that. Jesus knew that the people he called serpents and hypocrites were truely what he called them. There was no jesting in Jesus' words. He wasn't throwing around meaningless words just to insult as you do. He was stating what they were. He knew their hearts.
I'm not doing it in jest. It's about the way you act. If you want me to be more specific about your attitude [what's in your heart] I'll give it a try.

No it doesn't, it's just convenient for you to claim that it does. Read it again. Then read any commentary on the passage. Stop twisting the passage.
I'm not twisting anything. There are many times God calls someone a fool. The Bible says, "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no God."[Ps. 14:1] The clause 'without cause' is connected to the entire verse. It is not wrong to call a fool a fool.

Lighthouse, you're not mocking wickedness when you call someone a dumbass. You're mocking someone's person, ego, and intelligence. And you're not stigmatizing anything, other than perhaps Christianity for the unsaved. What you claim is righteous mocking is simply the result of your loose tounge and prideful attitude, which is why you only resort to mocking when you're severely down in an argument.
I don't call people dumbass to mock wickedness. I do it, because it's the truth. And to mock ignorance. I have no problem with that. If someone cannot see reason, then I mock them, because there is nothing else to do. Debating fools is futile.

Would you like to back up your accusation that I am prideful?

Mateo

I don't call people dumbass to mock wickedness. I do it, because it's the truth. And to mock ignorance. I have no problem with that. If someone cannot see reason, then I mock them, because there is nothing else to do. Debating fools is futile.

Son, you mock people because you are a lonely, womanless, manchild with a less than ideal upbringing who has no life and whose only outlet for the angst he feels is this website...

...that wasn't very nice or edifying was it? But it's the truth... isn't it?...

...the question occurs to me...will you hear this and be edified?... or was there maybe a better way for me to have approached this subject?