Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
If Enyart wasn't worshipped like Jesus, and his articles not quoted like it was the bible, it would be easier to understand that he was wrong, and be done with it. We all change our mind. But people follow him like sheep.

I would like for beanieboy to try to produce evidence that there is 1 single person agrees with every word that flows from the mouth of pastor Bob. If you think it is true prove it!
Put up or shut up.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I'm willing to bet money that not even Knight agrees with Enyart 100%. And Bob's the Senior pastor of the church Knight goes to!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Iv'e never been there but I'm sure I will visit one day.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
I wish there was one like his closer to me :)

deardelmar, that quote.... : shakes head :

... and coming from someone who can't grasp the most simple straight forward sentences in the Bible yet quotes like it will be banned tomorrow.

Mr. 5020

deardelmar said:
I would like for beanieboy to try to produce evidence that there is 1 single person agrees with every word that flows from the mouth of pastor Bob. If you think it is true prove it!
Put up or shut up.
It seems like I remember Poly saying once that she agreed with all of Bob's doctrine.

I could be wrong, but it sounds familiar.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:
It seems like I remember Poly saying once that she agreed with all of Bob's doctrine.

I could be wrong, but it sounds familiar.
That is a little more general statment, I think. I too agree with his doctrine, but not with every application of it or detail of it.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
I wish there was one like his closer to me :)

deardelmar, that quote.... : shakes head :

... and coming from someone who can't grasp the most simple straight forward sentences in the Bible yet quotes like it will be banned tomorrow.
We're all trying to learn the Word. Pastor Bob is a good resource.

Really don't know a whole lot about him or the church he pastors. Didn't get the impression that his congregants worship him.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wait a minute here!! You mean Bob's just a smart man, very knowledgable in the bible and a good teacher who helps others? That's it?? There are lots of people who are aided by wise and knowledgable men everyday. What good is that?? And here I thought he was perfect and deserving of being worshipped just like Jesus.

Forget it then!!
I'm not listening to him anymore. I mean if I can't worship a man like I do Jesus, what's the point in even listening to him? Because we all know that unless a person is perfect in every way, just as Jesus was, it would be foolish to pay any attention to him, right?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Poly said:
Wait a minute here!! You mean Bob's just a smart man, very knowledgable in the bible and a good teacher who helps others? That's it?? There are lots of people who are aided by wise and knowledgable men everyday. What good is that?? And here I thought he was perfect and deserving of being worshipped just like Jesus.

Forget it then!!
I'm not listening to him anymore. I mean if I can't worship a man like I do Jesus, what's the point in even listening to him?
rep points for you, when I'm able. Putting thigs in perspective is good!

docrob57

Poly said:

Forget it then!!
I'm not listening to him anymore. I mean if I can't worship a man like I do Jesus, what's the point in even listening to him? Because we all know that unless a person is perfect in every way, just as Jesus was, it would be foolish to pay any attention to him, right?

I must agree. I was just beginning the process of sacrificing one of my dogs to Pastor Bob when I read this. I guess it will have to wait for another day.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
docrob57 said:
I must agree. I was just beginning the process of sacrificing one of my dogs to Pastor Bob when I read this. I guess it will have to wait for another day.

I know, pitiful isn't it?
And to think he's just a fallen man who actually needed salvation just like everybody else.

You think you know somebody but..... :nono:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
docrob57 said:
that was the best laugh I have had all morning!

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm going to have to demand my money back that I spent on his products since the only reason I bought them in the first place was to worship him.

ShadowMaid

I don't worship him, and DBC is what I consider my church for a number of reasons; one of them is because they hold the same theological views on the major issues as I do. And another because the fellowship is absolutely fantastic there. I have many many friends in the DBC congregation.

As my pastor, I do, of course, value his understanding and teaching of the Bible. I ask for his opinions when there's a question that doesn't make much sense. Most people look up to their pastors.

My family doesn't idolize Mr. Enyart, my step-mom is Russian Orthadox, and has no intention of recanting her position.

SOTK

I'm tired of seeing comments like that about Bob Enyart here at TOL. :yawn: I have a lot of respect for my own Pastor and agree with him on many things. This does not mean that I worship him even if I quote something that he has said. :rolleyes: I have also quoted lines from a movie which I really enjoy. I've quoted the particular lines many, many times. Does this mean I worship that particular movie? :doh: